Realistic Transfer Targets

pink panther

I appreciate everyone is frustrated by the lack of transfer activity / speculation but this close season is about quality v quantity. Suspect we are looking at 3 more signings supported by the development squad.

Striker - ideally Taylor on a 2 year deal but alternatively a physical presence to complement Doolan

Attacking wide midfielder - we need to replace Higginbotham. Re-signing Lawless was brilliant, McDaid has potential and hoping this will be his breakthrough season but another option required

Full-back - Elliott is worth considering at right back as there is no reason why he can't develop into an attacking full-back but ideally we need cover in both full-back positions. Ironically McMillan would have been ideal but for obvious reasons this is not an option.

Cash is tight so I expect no more than 3 and expect Lindsay, Hendry, Wilson, McDaid and Nisbet to feature fairly regularly.

Archie did a fair bit of his business late on, last season and I expect the same this season. If Taylor has agreed to sign, that will probably be late on as well, as it would be silly, though a bit risky, to take on his wages from Scunthorpe during the close season, especially if money is tight. With Celtic as our first home game of the season and the new seating arrangements, I can see close to a sell out for that game, especially if we hit the ground running v Accies, so hopefully that will encourage the board to release a bit more wonga into Archie's budget.

Is everyone frustrated? Not sure why. Just stop being frustrated. And trust the manager.

Re Lindau's point. Revenue should be up on last season. Two games v Celtic, Aberdeen, Utd and 1 v Ross , ICT snd Accies before split. Although tv might mess that up.

Edited by La Scimmia Rossa

Archie did a fair bit of his business late on, last season and I expect the same this season. If Taylor has agreed to sign, that will probably be late on as well, as it would be silly, though a bit risky, to take on his wages from Scunthorpe during the close season, especially if money is tight. With Celtic as our first home game of the season and the new seating arrangements, I can see close to a sell out for that game, especially if we hit the ground running v Accies, so hopefully that will encourage the board to release a bit more wonga into Archie's budget.

Though don't be too surprised if sky ask to move the Celtic game to another time or date

When we first came up, I went on a two week holiday at the start of July and didn't look at a single piece of Thistle news. I came back thinking we'd probably signed 3 or 4 players, but nothing had happened, then a few days later we signed Mark Kerr.

I guess what I'm saying is - don't get worked up about it and just take the signings when they come.

Though don't be too surprised if sky ask to move the Celtic game to another time or date

With Sevco starting their league season on the same day we are at home against Celtic there will definitely be some movement but it could be that the television companies see the Sevco game (new manager, etc) as a better option than ours as I would expect Celtic's opener to be the tele as well.

With Sevco starting their league season on the same day we are at home against Celtic there will definitely be some movement but it could be that the television companies see the Sevco game (new manager, etc) as a better option than ours as I would expect Celtic's opener to be the tele as well.

I'm a bit out of touch withe televised games but at one time the ugly sisters always had their away league games televised and never/rarely their home games.

We have lost Dale keenan, Ryan Finnie, SOD, Balatoni, Higgy, BRE and James Craigen.

Obviously we are looking at running with a smaller squad than last year but these players do need replaced. We also require a striker if Taylor does not sign and a center midfielder if Welsh does not sign beyond August.

Looking at about 7 or 8 players coming in. Scully will go out on loan again to hopfully a championship side. Jack Hendry and Lindsay will probably takes turns on going out on loan.

Edited by Alan Murray

We need three - a right back, a winger and a forward. I'd rather all three were strong additions than we waste budget padding the squad.

Lindsay and McDaid are fine for cover. Hendry should get a half season loan to the Championship as, ideally, would Wilson - I'm sure he'd benefit from regular game time.

Much my thinking as well. Three major signings. On top of that said elsewhere I'd be slightly concerned at lack of cover for Frans as Hendry not ready or may be out on loan in any case.It's fairly usual to have centreback cover within the squad, either a centre mid or right back, so wait and see who comes in at right back.

If Seabiscuit has an injury prone season like last season and Conrad does go, we really need another central defender in. At the start of last season we had O'Donnell and McMillan who could, if required, fill in the middle in an emergency, but they are gone. Wouldn't like to run with just Frans and Lindsay as our only fit centre backs. Think Hendry needs a full season in the Championship, but there is definite potential there if he fills out a bit.

Interesting that there's been no word about Conrad moving on. Considering the situation with Fox and Higgy, I'm wondering if a lot of the interest in Balatoni was paper talk and we may yet see him in the r and y again.....

No word? He tweeted that he was off. He's definitely away.