Striker Signing This Week.

La Scimmia Rossa

Maybe it wasn't a striker who knocked us back but Shaun Rooney the Queens Park player as he is the only player we have been linked with by name this week

If we can't sign some diddy from Queens Park we might as well give up :(

JesusTejero it was n reply to you and I now understand your point.

TAG was launched very well. People have complained since. However my experience of it is good. I got signed up easy, read the online program at my leisure, won a prize as guest of a director and watch the highlights.

In terms of ideas or complaints from fans. The fans should collectively or individually help resolve these issues. Look at the success of The Firhill Cup organised by a few people and brought a 5 figure sum to the club.

What I'm trying to say is. People are unhappy. Do something about it.

I'm absolutely delighted / over the moon that the vermin got knocked out the champions league - don't want their tainted filthy cash - it's upto the club to find revenue - just remember every other club would have had a handout also so we'd be on the same playing field that we are in at the moment - F *** Ceptic

TAG was launched very well. People have complained since. However my experience of it is good. I got signed up easy, read the online program at my leisure, won a prize as guest of a director and watch the highlights.

In terms of ideas or complaints from fans. The fans should collectively or individually help resolve these issues. Look at the success of The Firhill Cup organised by a few people and brought a 5 figure sum to the club.

We will agree to disagree over the quality of TAG. Would be interested to hear other people's thoughts on it though, as anyone that I've spoken to has been disappointed with it.

In terms of your second point - I think the emphasis you're placing on the fans doing something about it is misguided. It should be up to the club to engage with the support, not the other way around.The "doing something about it" bit should be driven by the club. If fans feel that channels of engagement and/or participation don't exist, that is not the fault of the fans.

I would suggest that the Firhill Cup is a "one off" type event each season which differs it from the day to day running of the club.

The club do some things very well but, I am afraid to say, do much more very poorly or not at all. Lets look at just a few simple examples:

Website - not updated (check to see if wearethistle appears on Jack Hendry's profile as it should do).

TAG - since the start of July I have been trying to upgrade from TAG core to TAG plus (I was TAG plus last season) but despite contacting the club on several occasions I still can't do this thus denying the club my £60 (if there are another 49 people in the same situation there is an easy £3,000 the club are denying themselves).

Season Ticket Offers - when first launched part of the selling point was a special page for you to use to get discounts from various retailers. Anyone seen this yet?

As for doing something about it I have over the last couple of years spent several hours detailing issues and implementable solutions in e-mails and letters to David Beattie & Ian Maxwell. I have always received a nice reply which says "thanks, we take this on board" and then nothing happens.

There are lots of little issues but the basic issue is a lack of joined up thinking - too many people doing their thing and not seeing the whole picture.

• Like 3

I would suggest that the Firhill Cup is a "one off" type event each season which differs it from the day to day running of the club. The club do some things very well but, I am afraid to say, do much more very poorly or not at all. Lets look at just a few simple examples: Website - not updated (check to see if wearethistle appears on Jack Hendry's profile as it should do). TAG - since the start of July I have been trying to upgrade from TAG core to TAG plus (I was TAG plus last season) but despite contacting the club on several occasions I still can't do this thus denying the club my £60 (if there are another 49 people in the same situation there is an easy £3,000 the club are denying themselves). Season Ticket Offers - when first launched part of the selling point was a special page for you to use to get discounts from various retailers. Anyone seen this yet? As for doing something about it I have over the last couple of years spent several hours detailing issues and implementable solutions in e-mails and letters to David Beattie & Ian Maxwell. I have always received a nice reply which says "thanks, we take this on board" and then nothing happens. There are lots of little issues but the basic issue is a lack of joined up thinking - too many people doing their thing and not seeing the whole picture.

This is bang on, particularly the lack of joined-up thinking. I'm not sure what the board's vision is at the moment - aside from an occasional interview in the press and fairly anodyne (and I presume ghostwritten) pieces in the programe, we never really hear from the Chairman. I don't wish to be too unkind to either the Chairman or the Managing Director, but I do just feel like we lack off-field leadership and the kind of drive and vision that we require if we are to consolidate and grow.

The world only way the board can spend more money is if the fans spend more money.

The Directors do not have the wealth to be sugar daddies. They will not put us and into debt.

I don't know it's entirely true that the directors don't have millions to put in. I'm pretty sure Allan, Beattie and Ronnie Gilfillan are all millionaires.

Of course whether they should throw endless money into a black hole is another question altogether

• Like 1

The general running of the club is an amateur shambles - certainly the bit that comes into contact with customers. Thistle isn't a complicated business - it should be really easy to do a small number of basic things very well to encourage fans to attend more and widen general share of wallet - but we've been getting this wrong for as long as I can remember. When you read countless stories of how the club is losing out on money fans were prepared to give then it's little wonder we're skint.

I received an email and a letter about renewing player sponsorship.

Why would you need a reminder if you wanted to do it again? It happens every year?

Do you need a reminder to renew your season ticket?

I don't buy this thing about the admin being a shambles. My dealings are courteous, timely and effective.

If it's easy to get other fans to attend, lets hear it. I'm intrigued.

Edited by La Scimmia Rossa

Apparently we missed out on the mystery man as he has gone elsewhere.

Is it time we set up a player fund where folk can put their money in and try and give Archie an additional hand in staying up?

Maybe focus on business and benefactor donations?

Archie saying he would like to bring two more in even if outside the transfer window one being a full back.

He must be tearing his hair out :(

Why would you need a reminder if you wanted to do it again? It happens every year?

I don't buy this thing about the admin being a shambles. My dealings are courteous, timely and effective.

Why would you need a reminder? Because maybe you're not sure about doing it again. Or maybe you just forgot. Maybe you did it two years ago, couldn't afford it last year, but could be tempted to do it again this year. Maybe just because it shows that the club remembers and cares about the money you gave them? As a minimum the club should build a database of anyone who has sponsored players, bought hospitality etc... in the past (ideally with enough basic detail to establish any relevant trends) and use this to approach (along with RCA on reasons people say no) to improve penetration rates.

Likewise, my dealings with people at the club have always been good; my issue isn't about people, it's about structure. As a simple example lets use the Centenary Fund again - you more than most should appreciate the wasted opportunity this has been (on multiple levels...) - this should surely be a simple yet effective way to bring in additional revenue.

Finally, I don't think it's easy to get more fans to attend; indeed I think the problem with Thistle (and a lot of football clubs) is that they look for a silver bullet solution that doesn't exist and, in the process, discount a number of small solutions that, combined, could make an impact, e.g. some sort of low-cost customer engagement programme (annual survey) with published findings and clear actions, including a few focus groups / meetings would help mitigate some of the complaints about matchday experience while being a good opportunity for the club to further engage with fans. Simple things like this, done consistently, would drive increased engagement which in any other industry is a good indicator of propensity to buy / wallet share. If it even encouraged half of our semi-regular fans to attend one game more per season that would be an additional £50k for Archie's budget.

• Like 1

Even by your standards that is a stunningly ignorant post.

So you don't think a business should keep in touch with its customers? You think all the money will just come flowing in without any sort of contact or reminder.

You don't think it's necessary for a business to spend any time or money on marketing, advertising or customer relations?

• Like 1

Apparently we missed out on the mystery man as he has gone elsewhere.

Is it time we set up a player fund where folk can put their money in and try and give Archie an additional hand in staying up?

Maybe focus on business and benefactor donations?

Archie saying he would like to bring two more in even if outside the transfer window one being a full back.

He must be tearing his hair out :(

Must admit to being a believer in ring-fenced ventures like that. If I forget to buy a 50/50 I know it's the youth development and I feel bit "guiltier" than if it was purely for Club coffers. My only problem with such a player fund is that I already pay into the Centenary Fund plus the odd donation on here (player strips etc).

The only way I'd personally part with more money is an upgraded season ticket that in return entitles you to some sort of hospitality day(s). That could perhaps tie in with a player fund raiser but that would be as close as I'd get to parting with more cash.

eta I'd perhaps turn out to watch a fund raiser match. Maybe ex players versus a PT youth select. A few hundred paying £10 a skill at that might be feasible. Could combine it with the likes of the Training Day we had last month?

The only way I'd personally part with more money is an upgraded season ticket that in return entitles you to some sort of hospitality day(s). That could perhaps tie in with a player fund raiser but that would be as close as I'd get to parting with more cash.

eta I'd perhaps turn out to watch a fund raiser match. Maybe ex players versus a PT youth select. A few hundred paying £10 a skill at that might be feasible. Could combine it with the likes of the Training Day we had last month?

Two very, very good suggestions there. Especially to get an extra buck out of those who already pledge a fair wad of cash into the club, like yourself. These things would be at very little expense to the club to set up/organise and seem like fairly easy ways of raising not insubstantial amounts of money.

Not to be negative, but personally, the only problem I'd have with an "upgraded" season ticket is trusting whether there would be any real benefit to it. As discussed to death on here on numerous threads, the farcical elements of TAG (its not all bad, in fairness) plus the additional benefits which were meant to be with this seasons tickets (where are the discounts at retailers?) would make me skeptical in believing anything promised with an upgraded season ticket would actually be delivered. To end it on a positive though, I like to think that should something like this be implemented, the club would follow through and I would definitely buy one at least on the first year and if the club deliver and give value for the extra money, then more than likely continue to do so.

I dealt with the office half an hour ago to sponsor two players. Absolutely brilliant service. I am not saying they are faultless, but also sometimes their customer service does deliver to be fair. I am sure I would be on here shouting if that were not the case!!

I dealt with the office half an hour ago to sponsor two players. Absolutely brilliant service. I am not saying they are faultless, but also sometimes their customer service does deliver to be fair. I am sure I would be on here shouting if that were not the case!!

I agree. It's not the folk in the office that I am being critical of - they are always very courteous and polite and clearly do their best.

The issue lies at the strategic level - and in the club not being run in such a way that maximises what we are capable of, and which, firstly, provides Archie the requisite tools to do his job, by maximising money and which, secondly, actually engages fans in any meaningful way, which then feeds back into the first point.

Edited by JesusTejero