Jack Hendry

Similar to the rest, with Everton demanding around £40,000,000 for Stones, I hope they don't give us a boot in the stones by making a paltry offer for young Jack. £250,000 minimum and a loan back for the rest of the season would be acceptable. He has plenty to prove, but the boy has top potential.

And there was me posting that they were probably no longer interested. No definite move yet though. It would be natural to give players who missed games recently some game time tonight so I suppose it makes sense to play Jack (and alert Everton to that fact). I'd expect we may see Fraser, Lawless, Osman and Pogba (hopefully he's fit) getting starts also. Players who didn't start last game but who would still be strong players for the team.

I can't see them paying 200k for a guy who can go for nothing in December? I reckon it might be a cash a loan back deal(assuming the rules allow)?

Seems odd he would only be contracted to December. Unfortunately the OS is slow updating these kind of details. As Lindau says £200K is peanuts to them. And of course is a lot less than the £200K we got for Mo Johnson.

Seems odd he would only be contracted to December. Unfortunately the OS is slow updating these kind of details. As Lindau says £200K is peanuts to them. And of course is a lot less than the £200K we got for Mo Johnson.

Probably around 2 weeks wages for someone like Lukaku!

£1M is peanuts to any premiership team!

Exactly. Even though he is out of contract at the end of the season, I hope we don't sell ourselves short. He has great potential and it will be disappointing if we get peanuts for him. Hope we get a sell on clause involved as well. Look at the extra money Accies got when McArthur and McCarthy moved on

He is contracted to the end of the year, so can start talking to clubs in December. Any move outside of Scotland would have no training fee involved.

He is contracted to the end of the year, so can start talking to clubs in December. Any move outside of Scotland would have no training fee involved.

That last point shows how feeble the protection for small clubs developing young players is. It really should be international and training fees available regardless of where young players move to.

• Like 1

United entitled to a cut of any fee?

I'd think not having binned Jack. But if they were McNamara would no doubt get a cut of the cut from Thompson just for being useless at his job.

No idea how efficient Miller is as centre back cover but I think we'll need another in. As stated elsewhere it's difficult getting a mature U20 in that position, something we'll have been looking at regardless of Hendry. If this move goes thru I'd be bit concerned about Frans being undroppable never mind injury and a second suspension. Pity about Conrad in a way?

West Ham paid compensation to Hamilton in January for 20 year old Stephen Hendrie who was out of contract at the end of the season - they loaned him back to Accies for the rest of the season. Ronnie MacDonald of the Accies was actually quoted as saying that the deal was worth well in excess of £2m.

I've never seen Jack Hendry play but I did see Stephen Hendrie at Firhill...he wasn't very good and was destroyed by Stephen O'Donnell...from what I read, Accies fans were astonished that West Ham wanted to sign him.

Let's hope LSR is not in our negotiating team.

Other Scottish clubs are recognising this though, and are signing their young players on longer deals and getting decent transfer fees as a result.

How many good players are we going to lose for nothing before we catch on?

Dundee Utd didn't catch on, in this case.

Be interesting to see if this develops. I don't imagine we'll be rolling in cash from this deal, but I wouldn't be surprised if Everton chuck us a fee as a goodwill gesture more than anything.

Dundee Utd didn't catch on, in this case.

Be interesting to see if this develops. I don't imagine we'll be rolling in cash from this deal, but I wouldn't be surprised if Everton chuck us a fee as a goodwill gesture more than anything.

If they want him in this window they are gonna have to fork out a fee