Transfer Window

Auld Jag

I don't think so. Archie stated in the papers yesterday that he got Frans after the window shut and that might be the case this season as well. When the window shuts, players that haven't picked up a club, in reality, will be a lot easier to deal with, money wise. Sadly that is where we are at the moment.

I had the fortune to speak to someone associated with the club after the game on Saturday. In a nutshell the wage we are offering for a 1 year contract means Archie is not getting near his transfer targets.

Unfortunately that means the players who have moved on for more money are not being replaced anywhere near like for like.

Fingers crossed we can pull a gem or 2 from somewhere.

Yeah - I heard that too, buzzin' round the new town.

Sam by the way, not Pat.

Odd that Hibs fans think it's a swap loan deal. Fraser is the only one i could think off but they have too many midfielders.

Re Lionel's point, i believe this is correct. McInnes's comments re Archie not being supported are telling. Given him and Archie are best mates.

I had the fortune to speak to someone associated with the club after the game on Saturday. In a nutshell the wage we are offering for a 1 year contract means Archie is not getting near his transfer targets.

Unfortunately that means the players who have moved on for more money are not being replaced anywhere near like for like.

Fingers crossed we can pull a gem or 2 from somewhere.

So the board aren't supporting Archie then? I feared the worst when all we seemed to be offering was 12 month deals. Doesn't show much confidence at board room level does it?

Archibald must be so frustrated.

• Like 1

Cerny I'll give you, but he was kept out by a very good keeper who came from a good standard and was well established as no 1 by January, not because of his lack of ability. If hes like Booth then that's a signing of 1st division quality.

Edited by Hankey

Cerny I'll give you, but he was kept out by a very good keeper who came from a good standard and was well established as no 1 by January, not because of his lack of ability. If hes like Booth then that's a signing of 1st division quality.

Did Stanton not go on loan to Dundee and do well at the end of last season?

Edit: I'm thinking of Alex Harris, never mind.

Edited by oneteaminglasgow

Seen the other clubs after him (allegedly) Raith, Dunfermline, Falkirk....the level we're competing at

To be honest mate I bought the hype when we signed Mukendi from the Liverpool youth academy hadn't heard of him admittedly but thought he was great - he was hopeless

Thought ex Liverpool player Eccleston would be great again though he was useless.

A Hull player on loan - Carroll again awful.

Dundee seem to be signing some gems from the first division etc - Hemmings, Stewart, Loy

Dundee United some good players from Queens Park

A few other teams signing some queen of the South players - Reilly, Durnan etc

While recent good players we had Lyle, Abdul and Higgy came to our attention because of what they did in the Scottish lower leagues with Falkirk and Gretna, their careers in England were very quiet. Stanton could well be a good signing

Edited by Third Lanark
  • Like 1

Stanton was the only player who seemed up for the fight the year Hibs were relegated. Was always impressed by him whether against Thistle or in (admittedly fleeting) Sportscene highlights. Could be the missing link between midfield and attack.

Any explanation as to what happened to him last year. Injury? Personal issues? I thought that he would have been a stand out in the Championship.