Defeat On Saturday Archie Must Go.

Auld Jag

Hopefully Archie will get a kick up the arse for the woeful performance today

No shape no system no decent football

I must have missed that defeat yesterday. So let's give the manager a boot up the arse for his side being undefeated in its last three games and grabbing 7 points?

I don't get why the manager gets all the blame for every poor performance. Okay, I get that he picks the team and the tactics, but the performance of individuals surely is their responsibility? Amoo had his poorest game for the club yesterday (although he did set up the goal and was involved in the Accies spending off). Lawless can't header; has never been able to and doesn't seem to have done anything to improve his ability in that area. Sean Welsh takes two touches to control the ball when a professional of his experience should only require one. As for Edwards... I can only assume that Archibald saw something in training that Edwards didn't show during the game. The manager has to take the final responsibility, but professional players have got to accept their responsibility for poor performances too.

I must have missed that defeat yesterday. So let's give the manager a boot up the arse for his side being undefeated in its last three games and grabbing 7 points?

It felt like a defeat

I didn't miss us playing pish did I ?

It's like I said play well Archie's great play badly the players are to blame

What system were we playing yesterday ?

• 1 month later...

Since the Dundee Utd game we have been on an excellent run and I am glad that Archie has proven me wrong.Like every other Thistle fan I want to see us doing well and at the time I thought we should have been doing better.If we manage the top6 at the end of the season that would be beyond my expectations.If we manage to stay in the league that will be job done as far as I am concerned.The higher up the league the better.

Realistically were only 3 points above a relegation position. I reckon we need 6 more wins an we will be safe, anything over and above that will be incredible. We have important home games against teams struggling below us. Were not immune at going on a bad run ourselves, we have 2 games in hand at firhill too. We cup run would be nice in addition to safety, Mon eh Jags

Need to make sure we get something from the games in hand, even if it's two draws though ideally it would be great to win the Motherwell game. We have a game in hand against 2 teams round about us and 2 games in hand against another 2. It looks increasingly unlikely we'll be drawn into a battle for the relegation spot but we are still uncomfortably close to the play off position. Of course so are 5 other teams.

Awww FFS no this i'm a better fan than you pish again !

I agree with your sentiments wholeheartedly tho' I might have phrased it differently. Surely we can differentiate between posters that absent themselves (or have very little to post) when our results are favourable and the quality of their support.

As I see it the only real negative surrounding PTFC just now is our rather uninspiring home attendances. In comparison posting on here, not posting on here and what you're posting is largely an irrelevance.

• Like 2

Our publicity has been incredibly favourable. Our attendances less so. What Archie and Co have achieved is remarkable, given the fan base who actually turn up..

I'd like, as a New Year wish, to see a heck of a lot more people turning up and watching the team. Regularily. Come hell or high water.

So, LIB has the right of it.

Perhaps instead of criticism, everyone here could try to get a friend to attend? You never know, they might become regulars.

Feel sorry that Archie never had that home tie yesterday to try for the 5 consecutive wins. Youve got to say a win at Pittodrie is a bigger ask than St Jonstone at Firhill.

The other way to look at that though is aberdeen had a tough game yesterday where as we had the day off so we should technically be fresher going into Wednesday's game. I'll take a point the now but aberdeen are there for the taking

I agree with your sentiments wholeheartedly tho' I might have phrased it differently. Surely we can differentiate between posters that absent themselves (or have very little to post) when our results are favourable and the quality of their support.

As I see it the only real negative surrounding PTFC just now is our rather uninspiring home attendances. In comparison posting on here, not posting on here and what you're posting is largely an irrelevance.

Exactly, but fear not, the lurkers will be back telling us Archie is a dud that never learns and we need a change. Don't be surprised or amazed if it happens next weekend if we suffer two back to back defeats

Truth is there is very little between most teams in this Division. The breaks we never got in the first 9 games we've had in the last 9. Archie's no better or worse than he was previously and neither is the playing squad.

If County had taken advantage of our mistakes at Firhill we could have been 2 or 3 down by half time. Had that happened we would be joint bottom with Killie now and the moaners would be out in force. As it happens, we didn't though: we got out of jail and got the break for the OG also then finished the game off professionally and are now in 6th.

The next two games are really tough and the likelihood is we will get nothing. Decent performances are important for morale but any points at all would be a bonus for me. Dundee at Firhill on the 16th is a big one!

Hopefully St. Miirren continue on the Alex Rae trajectory.....

• Like 1

Surely not?

Think we know them all by name now as its happened three years running where they have bumped their gums (no pun intended) then disappeared like melting snow. They must have had a hellish Xmas with the club in the Top 6...lol. As I said, they will be back. Despite being in the Top 6 (I do love saying that!) we are nowhere near being immune from a relegation battle, however what the last 6 weeks or so have shown, is that the team can dig in and produce a result when not playing particularly well. That is not something we have had in our locker since we came back up.

Edited by Lindau