Hallowe'en Horror Show - Partick Thistle Vs Heart Of Midlothian

jagfox

First half an hour was pretty impressive but even in that time we created sweet fa. The writing was on the wall as soon as the first goal went in. Sean Welsh should be nowhere near a Premiership team he is absolutely woeful and his continual selection is a joke. Amoo, Booth and Dumbuya were all good today, the rest were poor. Better get Gallacher some game time in the under 20s this week because he will be busy against Dundee.

We played well in the first half,should not have been a goal down at HT.Did not appear in the second.If we continue like this we will go down.On this form I cant think of a team we will finnish above. I know we are above Dundee Utd at the moment but I cant see that lasting much longer.

We go two nil down and the sub is to take off an attacking midfielder and replace him with an attacking midfielder when we have three defensive midfielders on the pitch. No change in formation, no attacking change element, like for like.

I sincerely hope the Dan for frans sub was because of injury because if not what another waste of a change.

Outplayed in the final third was the difference. However referee impartiality would be nice, if someone jumps in with two studs up and misses the challenge it's a red card. If you take a swipe and miss but pat the ref on the back and it's all ok.

Worst for me was the lack of fight in the team, 2 down the heads went down and the game was lost.

A desperately disappointing performance which had RELEGATION written in capital letters. Last week an ordinary Hamilton side with 10 men comfortably came back to draw and this week an unexceptional Hearts team won 4-0 without having to get out of second gear.

We were probably the better side up up to conceding a soft goal but hadn't really threatened to score...lots of crosses but all easily defended. Another soft goal to go two down and very little energy or cohesion thereafter with the two most cast-iron penalties you will ever see following naive defending.

Dumbuya again looked sharp, Lawless was lively and Seabourne, Booth, Osman and Bannigan were ok but the others didn't look good enough for this level. Scully made some saves but palmed the ball out into dangerous areas and Lindsay was caught out for two of the goals by forwards cutting on to his right foot - he is very left-footed and isn't being done any favours being played on the right side. They are young guys and I'm willing to give them a chance.

Sean Welsh hardly played a forward pass in the whole game - he is one of several of our players whose first instinct seems to turn back and pass sideways or backwards. It's all very well retaining possession but unless you have players like Erskine or Higgy with the ability to beat defenders in tight spaces it won't stretch defences. Only Lawless looked able to make space for himself up front and I thought his substitution was baffling. Amoo has little fire about him and after a bright enough start became the Invisible Man. Stevenson and Muirhead were completely ineffective.

And Pogba? The first time I saw him, I posted that I wasn't sure he was the answer. Now, I think he is a poor man's Armand One...more a Armand Ninety Nine. He's slow and lumbering with a poor touch, doesn't hold up the ball and seems to get smaller on the odd occasion he bothers to jump. There never seemed to be a pass on for our midfield to make.

I have never been in the Archie-Out Camp and to be honest I don't see even Mourinho, who may be available shortly, getting that much more out of this squad. Quite frankly, I don't have much enthusiasm for watching the half-hearted and inept efforts of some of the players currently wearing our colours. We all know the club has budgetary constraints but I would be interested in the difference in the financial packages in signing Amoo and Pogba as opposed to Higgy and Lyle Taylor.

The current side is nowhere near as good or entertaining as the team that won the First Division but our best hope of avoiding the huge financial cost of relegation is that quite a few of the other sides are not that great either.

• Like 4

first half we were going really well very unlucky to concede before half time

second half all over the place so much for the half time team talk

with scully suspended gallagher comes back in

i would rest lindsay and bring in frans or miller at centre back along with seaborne

welsh should also be rested along with pogba

doolan or muirhead up front

bannigan and osman back in midfield

we desperately need someone in midfield pushing the game forwards whether thats stevenson or fraser or another ?

Not much else to say other than pretty disgusted with the gutless second half performance which was on par with the Ross County shambles last season and the continued despicable treatment of the best goalscorer in recent history at the expense of a completely inferior player in every sense.

Players have a lot to answer for after today's performance and so does the manager.

I love Archie; but if his treatment of Doolan forces him out the door at the end of the season, I'd find it very difficult to forgive him.

To bring on a defender, like for like, when being gubbed at home and to maintain a one striker formation is utter lunacy.

Very unhappy with that today. Too many players went into their shell when the second goal went in and that's unforgivable.

First half an hour was pretty impressive but even in that time we created sweet fa.

That;s because in every game we spunk everything in the first 30 min in chasing and closing the opposition down and have nothing left to give the rest of the game. Our final product in the last third is non existent. Pogba , Dools Nisbet, Muirhead , it doesnt matter who is there without service they aint gonna score

• Like 1

Seaborne was injured.

And Archie could've easily brought Doolan on or made some sort of change to try something different. He chose not to, just as his 2 previous subs resulted in players being moved into positions which resulted in us playing the same formation. His lack of willingness to tey anything different is ridiculous.

Starting to lose the enjoyment of going to watch the football. Frustrated with the lack of imagination and lack of fight. Not only is it rubbish, we pay for the pleasure of torturing ourselves with it week in / week out.

• Like 2

Question is, Stevenson was brought on despite being a non sub recently. Why? Surely if any game was a game to not include was today even for 30 minutes.

He was no worse than anyone but being the constant sub at 70 mins that Archie sees him, then why think as first sub he would change the game, not good enough to even come on recently but a game changer?

Question is, Stevenson was brought on despite being a non sub recently. Why? Surely if any game was a game to not include was today even for 30 minutes.

He was no worse than anyone but being the constant sub at 70 mins that Archie sees him, then why think as first sub he would change the game, not good enough to even come on recently but a game changer?

The subs today were inexplicable. And not for the first time this season. Stevenson is done and I agree with a previous poster - he should be moved on in January.

No goals (again)

No points (again)

Opposition keeper didn't have a save to make (again)

Solitary striker (again)

No reactive change in tactics or formation during game (again)

Inexplicable subs (again)

Poor crosses into box (again)

Poor set pieces (again)

Home fans flooding out the ground early (again)

Not good enough. Time for a change.

• Like 1

We need to be realistic and make our target for this season the playoff spot.

Doolan must start against Dundee. Pogba offers nothing IMO he's slow, lacks awareness and his work rate is poor. If I was Doolan I'd be raging sitting on that bench watching this pish. At least Scully has ruled himself out next week with that straight red. Totally at fault for the first goal. Either catch the baw or palm it round the post and out.

Shambles today.

Only Booth and Dumbaya looked interested.

Stevo's done at this level. Welsh is either out his depth or has some off field problems affecting his performances. Either way he needs dropped.

Starting with Galls, Dools, Muirhead next week and we maybe stand half a chance...

I think people forget how toothless we were with Doolan up front also when we couldn't score for toffee for nearly 500 minutes. He isn't the answer either. I'd rather try Muirhead up top before we go back to Doolan.

If we play the system we are playing then it doesnt matter who we play up front, Big high floaty crosses and little back up frpm midfield means no goals for the forwards. Even one of Dools goals against Killie was from a poor pass back from one oftheir defenders. Archie needs a radical change to team and tactics

<p>Muirhead will be returning to our main rival in a few weeks, does Archie really think he is committed to the cause? What kind of signal does send out to Frazer?</p>

<p>Why should our first choice striker get left on the bench??</p>

<p>All these Questions and more will be asked again next week..... </p>

<p>  </p>

<div style="left: -1000px; top: 8px; width: 1px; height: 1px; overflow: hidden; position: absolute;"> </div>