Hallowe'en Horror Show - Partick Thistle Vs Heart Of Midlothian

jagfox

Another home game and a chance to put our horror show at Tynecastle to bed. Hearts will be missing their first choice central defensive duo (Ozturk and Augustyn) and we have a near full strength squad to pick from.

With Edwards apparently having a pretty lame starting debut Stevo and Robbie Muirhead may come into the equation to assist Pogba to grab the ghouls that can fire us to victory.

Hopefully Tomas Cerny comes back into the custodian role he has filled with aplomb this season.

I'd go with the following line up:

Cerny

Muzzy Lindsay Seabourne Booth;

Osman © Bannigan;

Amoo Stevo Lawless;

Pogba

Official jagfox prediction: Jags 2 Jambos 1

I'd go with the following line up:

Cerny

Muzzy Lindsay Seabourne Booth;

Osman © Bannigan;

Amoo Stevo Lawless;

Pogba

My only concern with above is Wee Stevie out left. He's at his best behind the striker or failing that cutting in from the right. And a switch ain't too great either as Amoo, despite his assist last Saturday, is rather lost out left.

Cerny is a massive loss. Scully proved last week he is a good shot stopper but I have my doubts about him commanding his area and Hearts are a pretty big side. A lot might depend on Dan and Liam. Would happily accept a point on Saturday, but at the moment we tend to be winning games when we are not expected to, so hopefully that will be the case tomorrow. They will bring a big crowd through so it should be a cracking atmosphere

I get the concerns about Scully,I have them myself, but if he isn't up to stepping in when Cerny's out, he shouldn't be on the books. He's 23, been in and about first team football with us and Dunfermline for a few years, time to find out if he's up for it. Who knows maybe we'll not want Cerny back in in a few weeks!

• Like 2

Scully

Dumbuya - Lindsay - Seaborne - Booth

Fraser - Osman

Doolan - Lawless - Bannigan

Pogba

I recall Doolan's attempt on goal at the very end of the Accies game. He deserves a start and might play well off Pogba.Amoo needs to be more decisive before he justifies a start ahead of Doolan. Doolan also tracks back pretty well.

Looking forward to it.

We definitely need to be more motivated than was the case last week. I'd like to see something along these lines:

Scully

Dumbaya Lindsay Seabourne Booth

Osman Bannagan

Stevenson Welsh Lawless

Pogba

Shoving Stevo out wide is a bit of a risk, but with Dumbaya providing pace on that flank it might work. Scully, Dan and Liam would have targets to hit centrally (Pogba) and out wide (Stevo), should we have to play it long. I've gone with Welsh in the centre to provide a bit more solidity, with us reverting to a 4-3-3 / 4-5-1 when not in possession. I'm not at all convinced by Amoo, so I would have him warming the bench this week.

lineup and play like we did at tynie, stand off them, give them respect, we will lose this no question.

no stevo no welsh no amoo

lineup similar to douglas clark one two posts above

in their faces from the off, play with pace and zip, snap at their heels, stick close and give them no room or respect, we will win this no question.

need both stands singing loud and sustained. make sure these gorgie gits are drowned out too.

kingsley must do better too, windup the hearts players and supporters, get under their skin, even if it requires a few dirty tricks, he's been relatively ineffective on that side of his performances so far, expected better from him when he signed.

don't switch the heating on in their dressing room before kickoff. have the ventilation system blowing icecold air into it until they arrive. then once kickoff comes, crank temp to maximum, make it like a sauna for halftime.

also, after last weekend's stramash and handbags after the game by accies fans, keep an eye on the wee neds yoof team from dalkeith, they were daft enough to steal a drum from the travelling dingwall supporters by jumping them and attacking their bus last weekend.

wouldn't get away with that in glasgow. or more to point, walk away unscathed.

not first time either accies or jambo neds had been instigators of trouble this season either.

but they probably won't be able to afford the bus fare through to scotlands real capital and better city thinking about it anyway. or they'll be grounded by their mummys.

lineup and play like we did at tynie, stand off them, give them respect, we will lose this no question.

no stevo no welsh no amoo

lineup similar to douglas clark one two posts above

in their faces from the off, play with pace and zip, snap at their heels, stick close and give them no room or respect, we will win this no question.

need both stands singing loud and sustained. make sure these gorgie gits are drowned out too.

kingsley must do better too, windup the hearts players and supporters, get under their skin, even if it requires a few dirty tricks, he's been relatively ineffective on that side of his performances so far, expected better from him when he signed.

don't switch the heating on in their dressing room before kickoff. have the ventilation system blowing icecold air into it until they arrive. then once kickoff comes, crank temp to maximum, make it like a sauna for halftime.

yip, what yoda says,

Getting a result today is as much about mental attitude and application as it is about tactics and team selection . No more bending over for the opposition.

I share some of the concerns re David Amoo and his apparent timidity when opportunity presents itself. Yet he is the guy who always seems to be involved when goals are being scored or made. In one of his interviews Archie made comments about Amoo having to be bolder in using the space he finds so well. Hopefully these words have been taken to heart and worked on in training. A supercharged Amoo attacking the box from the side or the front (if cutting in)would be some player. I think (and hope) that he will start today.

• Like 1