Inverness Game - Free Entry For All Students

Lambies Lost Doo

Have they emailed the students association at GCU, Glasgow, Strathclyde and West of Scotland? Excellent idea but they need to contact the associations to get a great response. I'm happy to pass the info to GCU student association tomorrow if they haven't already been contacted.

even if they have done it mate might be worth you passing on the info again to the student association to help push this great offer further

Brilliant move by the club.

Of course students by nature being lazy, disorganised so-and-sos, the "huge" effort and extreme organisation required to send an e-mail to the club in advance will put off about 95% of those who might just have turned up on the day to take advantage of the offer.

Edited by Jaggernaut

Brilliant move by the club.

Of course students by nature being lazy, disorganised so-and-sos, the "huge" effort and extreme organisation required to send an e-mail to the club in advance will put off about 95% of those who might just have turned up on the day to take advantage of the offer.

Agreed that it's a great move by the club but I can also see it being poorly taken up due to the fact that an email and collection policy is in place.

Would turning up on the day and showing a valid matric card not have been a lot easier? They could have even had a designated window at the cabin.

Anyway, fingers crossed it goes well.

Agreed that it's a great move by the club but I can also see it being poorly taken up due to the fact that an email and collection policy is in place.

Would turning up on the day and showing a valid matric card not have been a lot easier? They could have even had a designated window at the cabin.

Anyway, fingers crossed it goes well.

Even if they'd done it that way, I would reckon no more than several dozens extra in attendance, at a stretch a hundred or two. Hope I'm wrong though, and it's successful.

A very good idea but the way in which it's being implemented could very well let it down.

Students, in general, don't do things "in advance". If they were going to come to Firhill it would more than likely be a spur of the moment decision based on various factors such as the weather, how many of their mates were going, and how much money they had spare for a few pints before and afterwards.

Agreed that this is a move in the right direction for the club, but also that it should be an option to turn up on the day and get a ticket. They could take names and emails as they give out tickets on the day, assuming that is the reason for the 'email and collect' system.

Long said that we should be targeting the student population of the city. Every small bit of publicity and extra revenue is good for the club. A few extra pies sold, a few more pints, even as intangible as students from further away taking home stories of the Jags might result in a future visit and a few extra quid.

When I was a student I'd make plans to go watch football be it Juniors or Thistle with mates most of him were not Thistle fans. In fact it was the half price ticket that got me along and hooked. Folk will talk about it and get it organised before the game if they are really going to go. Main thing is making sure all the students or at least as many as possible know about it.

Two things spring to mind about this. One is that Firhill is surrounded by Student accomodation. It would probably be a good idea to post flyers through all of those flats saying they can go up to the office in advance.2nd - presumably we want to get some income from them via programmes, pies, coffees etc. We would need to have an idea of how many extra would be there, so that there is enough ?

I emailed asking about flyers and happy to help co-ordinate and deliver.

I've also got a friend who works in international student office of Glasgow Uni so she is going to send an email round to the international student group. There are a lot of Chinese students from wealthy families over studying. Maybe we'll get a rich benefactor out of it! . I told her to stick a pic of David Beckham on the advert.

• Like 1