Can We Get Up To Seventh

greg

Looking at the forecast for Friday night and Saturday (unbroken heavy rain on top of all the rain we've had), I fear that there might be no game at all

Was at an U20 game a few weeks back at Firhill when the rain had been torrential during the day. The ground was not just playable but in very good nick even over at the much troubled SE side. Looks like there's been improvement to the drainage. Even so it could be a close call.

Walked past the ground yesterday and the pitch looked absolutely perfect. The groundsman was out mowing it, actually, which says something about how mild the winter's been up til now. Very little rain has fallen last night or today so far, so, barring a biblical downpour in the next 24 hours, we should be okay. The forecast IS horrendous for that period, of course, but I'm hoping the worst of the weather will be concentrated to the north of us. Mind you, it's not like the forecasters to get it wrong, eh?...

It would be harsh on Scully but I would much rather see Cerny in goal over the next two games.

I'm not sure it would be overly harsh. I'm glad Ryan got the chance to put the Hearts game behind him, but I don't think many would argue that Cerny is our top keeper on form this season.

I have 22-24 boys coming to the game tomorow from cumbernauld colts (2008's).

Fingers crossed the game is on as trying to arange a day out for 24 boys isn't easy...

many thanks to Ian maxwell and ptfc for their help organising our day out, just need some goals and 3 points to complete the day.

I have 22-24 boys coming to the game tomorow from cumbernauld colts (2008's).

Fingers crossed the game is on as trying to arange a day out for 24 boys isn't easy...

many thanks to Ian maxwell and ptfc for their help organising our day out, just need some goals and 3 points to complete the day.

Well done P-T-118. Hope they enjoy their day.

I'm looking for 24 people for Second Last Jag Standing...

...just saying :happy2:

Memories flood back (pardon the pun) to the midweek St Johnstone game that was abandoned at half time. Should never have started in the first place.

Weather forecast is for constant rain for the next 24 hours. No way the game will be on.

I thought that was a Saturday game - the one where Ozzy got badly injured? Horrible day, horrible game. Never been so eager to get into the motor and head back here. Groan.

I thought that was a Saturday game - the one where Ozzy got badly injured? Horrible day, horrible game. Never been so eager to get into the motor and head back here. Groan.

It was a Saturday. I remember them trying to use one of the advertising hoardings to shovel water off the pitch. That's before we start talking about the bits of the Jackie Husband Stand that literally fell off and watching the PA speakers swing more than Ray Charles.

Don't think there is a chance in hell of the game being on. Got soaked coming up the road from work last night at 5 and it hasn't stopped since. Still pouring as I look out my window, 3 miles from Firhill and with the Beeb weather stating that it won't stop in Glasgow until early on Sunday morning and it being a massive game for both clubs, I reckon both clubs will be happy to see it being called off.

Edited by Lindau