Tickets St Midden Scottish Cup

topcat

• Administrators

1,500 in the North, 800 in the West, plus whatever support we have in the South Stand - I was told we had sold our allocation for that section.

There will be at least 3,000 jags fans there, in the stadium, on the night Div.

I think you're getting a bit carried away fella. I spoke to St.Mirren at tea time last night and both clubs had sold around 1500 tickets each at that point. Thistle maybe slightly more as the last update they had from the Jags was mid afternoon.

The "South Stand" allocation being sold out is a bit of a joke. I can see the live ticket situation in the South, there are 5 blocks in that stand, three are showing 50% sold, one is showing 25% sold and the other is showing less than 25% sold so if Thistle have sold out their allocation for that stand then it must have been very small.

The North Stand is "sold out" but they haven't sold the first few rows. The stand only has 22 rows so not selling even the first 3 rows reduces the capacity by 13% !

Either way it's clear the Jags are bringing a good support, which is terrific but it won't be anywhere near 3,000.

My guess would be 2,200 Jags on the night, with maybe the same from St.Mirren giving a gate of just short of 4,500. Time will tell !

Sit in the seat your ticket states!

It's all really very simple. If it's an all ticket game or a pre-sell out for any particular stand you sit in the seat allocated. If it's a game where you can still purchase a ticket at a booth on the day like at Tynecastle, Dens, Dingwall, ICT etc it's effectively sit where you want to. Has worked fine for years. Anything else would be just plain daft.

Are there any pubs people would recommend? Was thinking about going early to Gilmour St and having a pint. Something to eat would be even better but that's probably too American.

If you're okay with Weatherspoons the Last Post right outside Gilmour Street does the usual fare and some decent pintage.

• Administrators

Best bets for pints if you are arriving by train are;

The Last Post - right outside the door of the station (town side). Huge, cheap, standard Weatherspoons

The Bankhouse - just across the square from the station and up on the right on Gilmour Street. Lively atmosphere, sports bar, will be full of Saints fans

Saporito Wine Bar - outside the station and under the bridge. Bit more for the upper class Thistle luvvies

Argyll Bar - out the station on New Sneddon Street - head left - Argyll is on the left hand side a few hundred yards - reasonable traditional pub

Court Bar - a bit further along - directly opposite the sheriff court funnily enough - another more tradtitional boozer

If you are drinking at Gilmour Street you are about 15 mins walk to the stadium. If you are feeling lazy you can catch the Paisley St James train at 1922 from Gilmour Street which gets to Paisley St.James at 1924 which is right outside the stadium.

Enjoy the game.

ps: The Bull Inn as mentioned is a great pub but it's a fair hike in the wrong direction from the station and then along to the stadium so personally I'd stick with the above

• Administrators

You feeling confident Div? As Rae improved things as far as you can tell?

I'd be more confident if the game was at Firhill. Our home record is abysmal, we won only 3 league games there in the whole of 2015 spanning two divisions and 2 of those were after we had already been relegated.

I think Rae & Farrell are making all the right noises and by all accounts the players are much happier with training but we've no new recruits in and as the saying goes, you can only piss with the c0ck you've got.

Hopefully we can give you a game but Thistle seem to be playing very well and I expect they will be a bit too strong for us. I'd love a win, but I think for us anyway the league has to priority, only a real cluserfu*k of a club could manage back to back relegations :thumbsup2:

The North Stand is "sold out" but they haven't sold the first few rows. The stand only has 22 rows so not selling even the first 3 rows reduces the capacity by 13% !

I am in row 3 at the corner flag despite buying tickets online nearly two weeks ago and requesting seats at the rear of the stand. If you are correct someone at the ticket office needs a rocket up their arse.

Which one is that?

Well the guy that sold them to me in the office said that it's a St Mirren stand but we have been allocated a certain amount of rows because of the demand and the fact that we have sold out our allocated stands

Edited by Lindau

If you are unable to make the game due to living abroad then St. Mirren TV are streaming the game live for non-uk customers. Think its about £6 for a one-off game. Don't imagine for 1 minute that anyone in the UK would use a VPN blocker to also watch it.

How could you importune the honor of fellow Jags fans������

Edited by stillresigned

• Members

see this new admin fella div? ..... very helpful and informative he seems to be.

be as equally informative and of assistance for all other away matches this season and we may keep the young fella on after his work experience ends :wacko::D

Div was 'Admin' even on ptfc.net. :D
  • Like 1

It's all really very simple. If it's an all ticket game or a pre-sell out for any particular stand you sit in the seat allocated. If it's a game where you can still purchase a ticket at a booth on the day like at Tynecastle, Dens, Dingwall, ICT etc it's effectively sit where you want to. Has worked fine for years. Anything else would be just plain daft.

What's tonight's game ? Is it a pre sellout or are tickets still available.

My take on whether you can sit where you want or sit in allocated seat is dependent on whether you choose the seat or it is random allocation. In this case it is random allocation - so you sit where you want and if you want a good seat you get there early.

My take on whether you can sit where you want or sit in allocated seat is dependent on whether you choose the seat or it is random allocation. In this case it is random allocation - so you sit where you want and if you want a good seat you get there early.

em surely not. so i am going as a group. the tickets are together but because you fancy sitting where you want i have to go somewhere else?

• Like 1

If it's an all ticket game then surely folk should sit in their allocated seat. If that's not the case then they shouldn't print seat numbers on the tickets.

The big problem with St. Mirren away games are the stewards. They are by the most incompetent I've ever encountered at any ground in the UK. Last time I was there I was told 3 different things by 3 different stewards in the space of 5 minutes. This has been the case every time I've been to the ground.

If they did their job properly there would be no confusion.

People on here said they were able to request where they wanted to sit.

If you go up to firhill and ask for a seat in the back row, you are requesting a seat, no?

Why is it so difficult for people to sit where they are supposed to? Our support are like a bunch of wean's, sometimes!

• Like 1