What's Going On With Erskine?

Firhillista

Not in the team today nor on the bench. Is he going to be frozen out for the rest of the season because he signed the pre-contract?

That's football mate.

Was surprised that his agent (or whoever) went live with this when they did.

I doubt he'll feature much for them for the rest of the season.

In the circumstances, we would do the same, so let's not get all high and mighty.

That's football mate.

In the circumstances, we would do the same, so let's not get all high and mighty.

We wouldn't. We didn't. United are a scumbag club. Always have been.

• Like 2

When Erskine came on against us in December he was more or less making his way back from his serious injury. Not sure if he was subsequently given the opportunity to regain complete match fitness. Not surprised he's been frozen out or the effective equivalent.

It's quite a strange situation a player signing a pre contract for a smaller club. I think that could be interpreted as the player himself believes his present club is doomed. I doubt that's the situation as I can't imagine Chris not giving his all for United if given the chance. Others at Tannadice may well think differently.

Anyway as I see it it's good news for us. Less chance Erskine will have a pre season delayed thru recovering from an injury picked up late this season.season.

Was also told he was frozen out, not really sure what Chris Erskine was meant to do, wasn't been offered a new contract and obviously with a young family had to go where the security of a 3 year contract is.

Think Paataleinen is either questioning Erskines professionalism of maybe not giving his all to the end of the season or alternatively maybe just thrown the toys out of the pram. Big gamble from Mixu , you would think in a relegation battle you would want your better players on the park.

That's football mate.

Did we do it with ATS when he made it clear he was going. Or O'Donnell. Or Paton or Erskine when they signed for United? And are we doing it with Bannigan? Or did we do it with Balatoni? You know the answer. You are talking nonsense Barney.

• Like 2

There is so much nonsense being talked throughout this whole thread. A blank Saturday and Jags fans' minds go into overdrive.

We could speculate until the next transfer window opens and it would be nothing more than that.

Who knows why Chris hasn't been in the line-up for United. Maybe since his injury he just hasn't found the form to warrant being chosen. Maybe Mixu is in the huff because Chris has signed a PCA.

All we can do is wait and see which Chris Erskine comes back to us. To be realistic Chris was never the most consistent when he was at Firhil.

Another thing that surprises me about them as well is that Mixu was gushing about getting Robbie Muirhead back from us in January and unless I am mistaken he doesn't appear to have featured for them at all since he went back. I know he cost around £150,000 but if they are casting him adrift I wouldn't mind seeing him back in Maryhill

• Like 1

Did we do it with ATS when he made it clear he was going. Or O'Donnell. Or Paton or Erskine when they signed for United? And are we doing it with Bannigan? Or did we do it with Balatoni? You know the answer. You are talking nonsense Barney.

The difference being that not one of the five examples you quote had signed for a team in the same division as us, GRE. Banzo hasn't signed for anyone yet (officially at least) and Conrad signed for Kilmarnock long after he had left us.

To suggest we wouldn't adopt a similar approach in similar circumstances is disingenuous.

• Like 1

The difference being that not one of the five examples you quote had signed for a team in the same division as us, GRE. Banzo hasn't signed for anyone yet (officially at least) and Conrad signed for Kilmarnock long after he had left us.

To suggest we wouldn't adopt a similar approach in similar circumstances is disingenuous.

I think you do Archibald a disservice to say that he would be such a petulant manager to do such a thing. Disingenuous? I don't think so. The principle is the same. Archibald would not put at risk the needs of the side so as to try and freeze important players out.

• Like 1

I think you do Archibald a disservice to say that he would be such a petulant manager to do such a thing. Disingenuous? I don't think so. The principle is the same. Archibald would not put at risk the needs of the side so as to try and freeze important players out.

For the record, I haven't mentioned Archie anywhere in this thread, GRE.

I fully agree with the moral point you are making. My point is that it would be disingenuous to assume that football decisions are always based on their moral validity. Football as an industry does not have a exemplary track record in that regard.

• Like 1

For the record, I haven't mentioned Archie anywhere in this thread, GRE.

I fully agree with the moral point you are making. My point is that it would be disingenuous to assume that football decisions are always based on their moral validity. Football as an industry does not have a exemplary track record in that regard.

But by association you are saying that Arcibald would do this. I agree that football is littered with it, but to say we would be the same under our present manager is just wrong.

Another thing that surprises me about them as well is that Mixu was gushing about getting Robbie Muirhead back from us in January and unless I am mistaken he doesn't appear to have featured for them at all since he went back. I know he cost around £150,000 but if they are casting him adrift I wouldn't mind seeing him back in Maryhill

I don't think it's too surprising he's not featured for United. Perhaps the reason he didn't play much for us is the same reason that he's not getting played at the moment? United are no strangers to fielding young players.

Undoubtedly a talented player, as witnessed in that second half at Rugby Pk, but I don't think many of us would've been either upset or shocked if he'd been subbed at half time. Sure I'd like to see the guy that came alive for 30 minutes that day return. He's not yet 20yo and his best days should be ahead of him but we've all seen plenty of young players that could've applied to.