Aberdeen Game 19/02/16

Lindau

Tomorrow night could be our fourth postponement this winter due to the adverse ,horrendous weather that seems only to have

hit the Maryhill area. The state of the playing surface is down to the board being rather shortsighted and no doubt lacking in funds.>Due to previous problems with drainage in certain areas of the surface a blind my man could have told you that the park would be

in trouble due to the recent and continuous Maryhill dounpours. It does nothing for the club,s image when tail of the bank Morton have had

one game off due to flooding, which was outside the ground[ the park I was told was playable] and motherwell along with the old firm , having zero league postponements up

to date

I thought Celtic have had a home postponement this season.

I think the worrying thing is that if the water is not draining or slow in draining any downpour or sustained rainfall will put a game in danger. In fact even if a game goes ahead in damp conditions the pitch will have difficulty recovering and that could have a knock on effect.

I doubt we'll be near the stage where the SPFL will force us to play our home games elsewhere. That would probably only come if the pitch became unplayable when there was no significant weather reasons. I guess we're in the hands of the Gods till the end of the season and even the close season is relatively short to carry out drainage repair and reseeding.

I thought Celtic have had a home postponement this season.

I think the worrying thing is that if the water is not draining or slow in draining any downpour or sustained rainfall will put a game in danger. In fact even if a game goes ahead in damp conditions the pitch will have difficulty recovering and that could have a knock on effect.

I doubt we'll be near the stage where the SPFL will force us to play our home games elsewhere. That would probably only come if the pitch became unplayable when there was no significant weather reasons. I guess we're in the hands of the Gods till the end of the season and even the close season is relatively short to carry out drainage repair and reseeding.

Anticipate club statement in May, "No choice but to lay plastic pitch"

Tomorrow night could be our fourth postponement this winter due to the adverse ,horrendous weather that seems only to have

hit the Maryhill area. The state of the playing surface is down to the board being rather shortsighted and no doubt lacking in funds.>Due to previous problems with drainage in certain areas of the surface a blind my man could have told you that the park would be

in trouble due to the recent and continuous Maryhill dounpours. It does nothing for the club,s image when tail of the bank Morton have had

one game off due to flooding, which was outside the ground[ the park I was told was playable] and motherwell along with the old firm , having zero league postponements up

to date

A few years ago we had the same problem and others may remember we found an old drain and did some work, but clearly there is a drainage problem we need to resolve

Under global warming it's only going to get wetter !

County and test cricket grounds in England and elsewhere have a large machine called a CMS Blotter. It's a machine that is driven around the outfield after rain to soak up excess water. The company advertises them for football pitches - and mention reducing the risk of cancelled games. It is 3m wide and removes up to 4000 gallons per hour. Worth looking at don't you think?

• Like 1

*Fantasy land*

New 10k stadium shared with Glasgow Warriors near Clyde at land next to Transport Museum with modern facilities, retractable roof, natural & synthetic pitch combo with really good coffee.

*End fantasy*

Only 10k? We will need at least 60k for when Barcelona and Messi come calling after Archie has taken us into the Champions League.

County and test cricket grounds in England and elsewhere have a large machine called a CMS Blotter. It's a machine that is driven around the outfield after rain to soak up excess water. The company advertises them for football pitches - and mention reducing the risk of cancelled games. It is 3m wide and removes up to 4000 gallons per hour. Worth looking at don't you think?

We could buy an extra one for on here when the knicker-wetting commences :D

Edited by The Earl of Hathaway

*Fantasy land*

New 10k stadium shared with Glasgow Warriors near Clyde at land next to Transport Museum with modern facilities, retractable roof, natural & synthetic pitch combo with really good coffee.

*End fantasy*

Strip away the pie in the sky aspect of the roof and this would be ideal. When / if Glasgow Warriors announce new stadium plans we should be over it like a rash.

Edited by Vaila Street

Mental, but let's talk hypothetically here. If we played a game tonight, what formation would we go with? Let's say we're playing Aberdeen, at home.

Will we see 3 CBs at home? If so, will Miller be asked to play the wing back role? I don't think he will be overly comfortable there. Elliot instead in there. I'd expect to see Fraser start, with one or 2 of our January additions on the bench. Wouldn't be against seeing Nesbitt from the start, to see if he does fill that space we've been lacking in up to now.

Mental, but let's talk hypothetically here. If we played a game tonight, what formation would we go with? Let's say we're playing Aberdeen, at home.

Will we see 3 CBs at home? If so, will Miller be asked to play the wing back role? I don't think he will be overly comfortable there. Elliot instead in there. I'd expect to see Fraser start, with one or 2 of our January additions on the bench. Wouldn't be against seeing Nesbitt from the start, to see if he does fill that space we've been lacking in up to now.

I think we will. A further argument for playing a bit narrower could be the state of the pitch and that in turn could mean Miller staying in the side with Booth being the main source of attack from width. I'd be more concerned about a front two of Doolan & Lawless on a heavy pitch but German doesn't look ready to start and I'm never sure of Pogba's fitness.