Aberdeen Game 19/02/16

Lindau

Getting beyond a joke. Surely they could have done more to make sure it was not called off. Missed out on another sold out hospitality, big travelling support etc that will not be there for a midweek game.

Curious to know what else they could have done. I presume you're aware of everything that the club have done or haven't done re: the pitch? If so please share.

It's times like this that us football fans are at our most irrational. The game has been called off with 4 hours until kick off after two days of almost constant rain. These things happen, it's nobody's fault.

Communication from the club about the pitch is another matter though...

Edited by JesusTejero

What else could they have done? Maybe start by not telling everyone who asked them bare faced lies about the game not being in any doubt.

All tweets asking about pitch inspections were completely ignored, and everyone who phoned the club was told that there were no plans for a pitch inspection and the game was on.

The club are losing absolute fortunes here and they certainly aren't helping themselves.

Can only imagine what the Weirs make of it from a purely operational point of view.

• Like 1

These things do happen but the amount it happens to us is ridiculous. Surely there will need to be work done at the end of the season. Does anyone know what the reason is for the water not clearing, is it as simple as drainage, or is there another reason.

We really don't want to be having to win these games in hand just to catch other teams. I don't want to be too negative, but the games in hand are'nt easy wins.

What else could they have done? Maybe start by not telling everyone who asked them bare faced lies about the game not being in any doubt.

All tweets asking about pitch inspections were completely ignored, and everyone who phoned the club was told that there were no plans for a pitch inspection and the game was on.

The club are losing absolute fortunes here and they certainly aren't helping themselves.

Can only imagine what the Weirs make of it from a purely operational point of view.

My post was in relation to the pitch, not communication which I agree has been rotten.

This.

Why not tell everyone that there was an inspection happening.

And people wonder why people stop going to games

Exactly the same as the Motherwell game, no inspection, then an inspection happened, only this time it was on.

Going with the lack of investment on the pitch and the stands you need to think what's the long term plan with Firhill

To be honest spoke to Ian Maxwell yesterday and he seemed fairly confident that the game would go ahead. Personally, especially given the forecast! To be honest once the park is flooded once there's very little the ground staff can do about future floorings. We're not helped by the geographical location of Firhill, but again c'est la vie.

The state of the pitch must be of real concern to the club, from a financial aspect as much as anything else. However, I doubt that apart from maybe having a morning inspection there's very little else the club could have realistically done.

This is not to sat that once again the club's communication with the fans and also with the Media is oxen again seen as being amateur at best.

Edited by stillresigned

I didn't have any worries about relegation. I now do and it's purely down to the amount of games we will need to play between now and the split, and that's barring any further postponements.

With a squad as light as ours it's really going to be a tall order to play so many games in such a short period.

It does feel a bit like we are sleepwalking in to 11th place at the moment.

Firstly, the communication from the club was abysmal. A long way for Aberdeen fans to travel only to find out the game was called off en-route. Of course the club would not have been able to announce the postponement before the referee made the call, but an indication of a pitch inspection would have been helpful. A complete balls up in communication.

Secondly, I think I would be right in saying we have had more postponements than any other senior team in Scotland this season? The weather can not be helped and any pitch would have taken a battering in these conditions. Having said that, the weather over Firhill hasn't been any worse than Motherwell for example, and they seem to have their pitch sorted out.