Dundee United

allyo

Think they are definitely gone now. Their next 3 games are Hearts (H), County (A) and Aberdeen (H), potentially could get nothing out of those games and could be down by the split.

Common sense would now say that perhaps Erskine could come to us, it would need to be on loan until the end of the seaso, however I don't see Mixu allowing this to happen, I think he wants to stick it to big CE big time.

Think they are definitely gone now. Their next 3 games are Hearts (H), County (A) and Aberdeen (H), potentially could get nothing out of those games and could be down by the split.

Common sense would now say that perhaps Erskine could come to us, it would need to be on loan until the end of the seaso, however I don't see Mixu allowing this to happen, I think he wants to stick it to big CE big time.

Don't think you can loan within your league.

Schadenfreude has a way of biting you on the bum. I'd rather DU had continued to take points off the teams around them (except us of course). Every time someone beats them it slides us further towards the play-off spot and TBH I worry about our chances against either Hibs or Rangers.

• Like 1

Schadenfreude has a way of biting you on the bum. I'd rather DU had continued to take points off the teams around them (except us of course). Every time someone beats them it slides us further towards the play-off spot and TBH I worry about our chances against either Hibs or Rangers.

Either of those two would pump us. But I believe we will survive relatively comfortably.

To be fair we're only sliding towards the relegation zone by not playing games. Since we reached the top six we haven't done too much wrong, results wise.

Makes for much less comfortable reading though.

As for the playoff, I don't that's a formality at all. A lot people wrote off motherwell last year and look what happened. I think The premier team will have a real chance, whoever it is.

Either of those two would pump us.

Sevco scrambled a win with (cough, splutter) a penalty and a 93rd minute winner against Killie. We went there and humped them 5-2. Sevco got trashed by St Johnstone at Ibrox, we beat them away from home.They drew with Alloa on Saturday couretesy of a late goal. Don't believe the hype.

Edited by Lindau

Pumped by a Mark McGhee team and we couldn't lay a glove on them?. Sigh!

A win for United would have been much better for us. DU are so far behind they will never catch us whereas Motherwell are now above us. Need to win at least 2 of our games in hand and hopefully Killie and Hamilton continue to struggle. Either that or hope we meet super-bottlers Hibs in the play-offs.

Edited by Mr Bunny

Schadenfreude has a way of biting you on the bum.

That's the typical German footballer for you. Escapes a yellow every time.

Btw yon hill up to Cleppington Rd from the two Dundee grounds was getting steeper every year. Be glad to only have to ascend it once or twice for a wee while.

eta Stephen Thompson is taking things very well http://dufc.co/news/statement-from-the-chairman/ Third highest player wage bill :)

Edited by lady-isobel-barnett
  • Like 1

They got a draw at Hamilton and Motherwell beat them playing 3 at the back in a formation which when ask about McGhee answered " ....It'll get football stopped..." .

They lost the first from a set piece in the last minute of the 1st half. They hit the bar and had other good chances after going 1 down, motherwell's 2nd and 3rd were in the last 20 minutes of the game.

Looks like D.U. are doomed, and that's great. But there is still alot of games to be played. They just knocked us out the cup, and we'll play them again twice.

It's a tight league and D.U. are a team capable of doing damage to others.

They are 13 points adrift of the pack. However, as it stands, the pack has 8 teams separated by 6 points. Several, have games in hand over others, but I would not be overly surprised to see D.U. taking points off anyone up to fourth place.

To emphasise that point. D.U. have only won 3 league games all season. Motherwell, Killie, and current leaders of "the pack" Ross County ( R.C. were 4th at the time) .