Transfer Deadline Day News... Pogba Offski

Lindau

• Members

Perhaps our style of play and Scottish football as a whole didn't suit Pogba's style of play? Anyway, he's gone now and both us and him will benefit from him leaving. I think we'll be back to one up front from now on. Cant see us having both Dools and Azeez on from the start when we wont have a real alternative on the bench till Kevin comes back from Ayr.

With Fraser due back sooner than expected I wonder if that makes Barton's position in the team more likely to be centreback? I still don't know whether we've signed a defensive midfielder who can play as a centreback, or it's the other way round or someone who's equally proficient in both positions.

With Fraser due back sooner than expected I wonder if that makes Barton's position in the team more likely to be centreback? I still don't know whether we've signed a defensive midfielder who can play as a centreback, or it's the other way round or someone who's equally proficient in both positions.

Answering my own question having read http://www.eveningtimes.co.uk/sport/partick_thistle/14724563.Partick_Thistle_grab_two_for_one_deal_with_capture_of_Adam_Barton/

The end of that piece makes it pretty clear that this wasn't a token transfer fee. Looks like we have forked out a decent amount to get him. If he is as good as he sounds, both him and a fully fit Abs could form a formidable midfield duo

We could also see a back 3, or Barton playing a Davie Irions roll

..............or a Shaggy role?

Didn't really want to mention a three at the back as it's often viewed as negative. In truth if the personnel are right it's no more negative than a back four with two defensive/holding midfielders (sound familiar?). All the same maybe wait till Dumbuya is back at full pace.

Edited by lady-isobel-barnett

According to the media - Madjid Bougherra, the former Rangers central defender, says signing for Kilmarnock is one of a number of options. The 33-year-old is a free agent after leaving Al Fujairah in the United Arab Emirates.

He would have made an excellent signing if we could have afforded it

Edited by MonehJags