Agm

javeajag

Excellent. The weir cash has taken out the bank with the knock on effect to profit of not being burdened with bank interest and charges.

The club have then run a balanced budget, but have managed to make a profit due to player sale. Without that, the really important thing is we would still have broken even at worst.

The write have transformed the finances and this board are showing a balanced budget can be run.

Well done all concerned.

Full credit for this must go to Alan Archibald.

Make a change from Archie must go!!

Defo the most comforting set of accounts I have seen since becoming a shareholder. Yes, the Weirs are the big thank you here but also credit to all who have contributed. Struth we are even due to pay some (but not too much) CT!

It is perhaps fitting the accounts are being issued in a week that there is a feel good factor around with all of a Jaggy persuasion.

Here's to a continuation on Friday night!

Excellent. The weir cash has taken out the bank with the knock on effect to profit of not being burdened with bank interest and charges.

The club have then run a balanced budget, but have managed to make a profit due to player sale. Without that, the really important thing is we would still have broken even at worst.

The write have transformed the finances and this board are showing a balanced budget can be run.

Well done all concerned.

Very pleasing figures.

Do the accounts show what the transfer fee was for Jack Hendry?

I would if I knew how to do that !

It's ok, one of our fellow forum members kindly sent me a copy.

Will have a wee look properly later. But did notice a couple of things - we have changed bankers completely from Bank of Scotland to Santander, and it does look like we also changed auditors and lawyers as well in last few years. Not seen accounts for a couple of years so might have happened previously.

It is just me who finds it a bit strange that the Rangers and Aberdeen accounts have barely landed on the doormat of their shareholders before the BBC are doing pieces about them on the website but a good news story involving a debt fee club making a profit without getting to a cup final does not warrant even a mention?

Anyway for those who are in that line of work and have seen the accounts any chance of a nice simple breakdown of them for people like me?

• 3 weeks later...

Even being away during the week word reached me that a Glasgow based football club was having its AGM - unfortunately the reports focussed on a newly formed club and not the city's oldest professional club.

Did anyone on this forum actually attend our AGM and if so would they be kind enough to give a brief summary?

Thanks in advance.

Wages are 58% of our income which, I think, is in the recommended level.

Aye, I think that's acceptable. Seem to mind last time we were in the top league Dundee were forking out just over 150% wages to turnover, Dunfermline 130% followed by a few others. I don't imagine you have to be a financial whizz kid to know that sort of madness was unsustainable.

These days as long as other clubs aren't doing the crazies we might not be totally out on a limb paying out circa 60% of an albeit comparatively low turnover. I suppose over the longer term a lot will depend on us bringing thru younger players on relatively low wages to compensate for more competitively paid established players. I don't see us being able to significantly increase turnover and paying out a considerably higher wage to turnover percentage is reckoned to be imprudent.