Motherwell 19/11/16

Lindau

Pretty vital we get something from this game and the Hamilton game, given our other fixtures in the run in to the break. Can't see any changes in the team, though Erskine might be fitted in somewhere. Gonna be hellish getting to and returning from this match if going by bus or car. Still, won't stop me having a nice swally pre and post match in the Electric. Let's hope for once, I have something to celebrate in there come 4.50 on Saturday!

I do worry that a lot of our support might just not bother due to the closure of the M74. I also sure hope that what's left of the Supporters Buses are leaving a bit earlier than usual for this one.

Train really is the best bet on this occasion.

The Electric is a decent wee boozer, enjoyed the Jack Daniel's through there as well.

• Like 1

I do worry that a lot of our support might just not bother due to the closure of the M74.

In a daft sort of way the closure may be no bad thing. Normal traffic round the Raith Interchange has been horrendous and the Motherwell turn off really getting the knock on effect as well. If it wasn't closed and I was coming out of Glasgow I'd most likely still be looking for an alternative route.

In a daft sort of way the closure may be no bad thing. Normal traffic round the Raith Interchange has been horrendous and the Motherwell turn off really getting the knock on effect as well. If it wasn't closed and I was coming out of Glasgow I'd most likely still be looking for an alternative route.

You've lost me...

You've lost me...

Me too, if your heading from Glasgow to Motherwell in normal circumstances on a Saturday the M74 flows ok.

If I was going from Glasgow on Saturday I'd go M8/A8 to Shawhead (Coatbridge/Bellshill) then down the A725. Take your pick after that, all the way to the Raith and join the M74, or through Bellshill straight in to Motherwell. For me it'll be the back road to Hamilton then to Motherwell.

Either way it'll be a mess

I would do a Christie Elliott and avoid the congested Raith (Rovers) midfield by taking a long run down the right wing over the Kingston Bridge/M8 to the M77 past Newton Mearns, then left on the A725 to East Kilbride through Stewartfield, on to the road towards Blantyre, turning right as though going to Hamilton's ground but carrying on round the ring road to come out at the other end of the Town Centre and ducking under the M74 to join the familiar road to Motherwell at the south end of Strathclyde Park. No doubt will be the odd queue at traffic lights etc, but would not have thought that it would block up totally.

You've lost me...

Recent info from an Accies mate who avoids going out that way at all cost. Previously he'd been skipping his normal turn off and cutting back at the M'Well/Hamilton turn off but found the tailback pretty bad. Depending of course where you're coming from but from City Centre I'd head out these days M8/A8 regardless if M74 shut or not.

Edited by lady-isobel-barnett

I go out to Motherwell pretty regularly as my brother in law stays there and it has been hellish for the last few months due to the non stop roadworks. The usual 20 minute journey from Glasgow City Centre to Motherwell is now taking nearly an hour. My intention is to go there early on Saturday morning, stay at my BIL and come back on Sunday morning. The pain will be eased by him getting me freebies for the main stand and a few drinks pre and post match in the Electric......and 3 points as well hopefully!

Slightly off topic but I notice the Motherwell manager, McGhee, has been charged with "mis-conduct" over his reaction to the incompetence of a referee and linesman at a recent game featuring his team against Dundee.

Seems a bit harsh when you see the footage of the incident and it's perhaps only natural to complain when a blatant error has been made albeit it is perhaps easy to get carried away with righteous indignation - I wonder if the referee/linesman have had any sanction imposed upon them?

As regards a helicopter - never really contemplated taking a helicopter to a match - have walked, cycled (to Cappielow but got puncture at Bridge of Weir and missed game which we won!), car, train, bus, even paddle steamer (Helensburgh-Greenock) and ferry (Rothesay and train to Paisley for away game, as well as ferry to Stornoway!), but helicopter and plane have eluded me.

Edited by JeanieD