Sellik 09/12/16

Lindau

Theres an ominous feeling about tonights game. I don't think anyone truly believes we can do anything. Its probably the first home game in a very long time that I wasn't looking forward to. Ill be watching on TV at work with a few tims, one of which is giving me 2 goals of a start with me getting the draw as well for a tin of juice and a mars bar. Even for those high stakes, I was wanting a 3 goal start.

No shocks tonight. A very ordinary 2-1 result for the Patrick Thistle. This shouldn't be any sort of a shock - it's massively overdue.

It will, of course, require every last droplet of adrenaline being spent on the hallowed turf. We absolutely must get at them from the word go - to think we can go with something like a Leveinesque 4-6-0 and come away with something is thoroughly ludicrous. I would much rather we committed fully to a win and lost than sat back like meerkats in their dens hoping the tigers will pass by and get grubbed anyway.

Mon Thistle. Belief, commitment, sweat, toil and hunger are the ingredients of victory tonight.

Always believing.

• Like 2

Watching from afar with little expectation but always with hope.

21 losses on the bounce against this mob has to end sometime.

Against a good team that has a back-up team that we would cream our collective pants for, plus an absolute incompetent for a referee in the middle, then we are not well placed tonight.

BUT

Sod all of that.

C'MON THE JAGS!!!!!!!!!

Edited by Barney Rubble

Disappointing goal to lose. I'm afraid that once again I feel young Liam had to be sharper and quicker of thought there, slide in and put that out for a corner instead of standing off hoping the keeper gets it.

Not a total excuse but the passage of play should never have happened. Celtic player hit the ball out of play but referee Craig Thomson cleverly kept the ball in and passed it to another Celtic player. It makes it harder when you are playing 12 men!

Our quality in possession if woeful to say the least. Everyone is culpable for it apart from barton. The defending for the goal was shocking, gordon first, then barton and lindsay dont read the danger and are in poor positions to deal with it. How many times can we get caught with a long ball over the top?