Sellik 09/12/16

Lindau

Hope we go into this game with the thoughts that Motherwell ran them oh so close on Saturday and that ICT took points off them. Everyone expects us to get a drubbing, so we have nothing to lose. Hope to see them getting a few injuries and a drubbing tomorrow and that Kolo Toure is back at centre half. Gonna be difficult to get anything from this game, but not impossible!

• Like 1

Our consistent tepidness against the Old Firm to continue. Lose 1-0, to an 89th minute goal from a Celtic substitute who will score his first (and last) goal for the club. Moan ra Jags!

Either that or we'll lose a goal very early on and then more or less match them, but with nothing to show for it.

What did we learn after motherwell running them close? If we take the game to them and don't allow them time or space on the ball is our only chance. If they start running at our defence we've had it. We cant deal with that at all. The midfield battles need to be won. We need to take any chances that come our way. Expect the unexpected however with our appalling record, at 10pm on friday i think it will read P40 W0 D2 L38 v OF.

ETA

Is the Star and Garter welcoming Celtic fans in or is it just the union jack wavers that are (quite correctly) barred?

Edited by MonehJags

Their game against Man. City was effectively a glorified friendly but loathsome as they are they did play extremely adequately. As is said above if they play like that on Friday it might be a case of damage limitation (3?, 4?, 5?) - let's hope we get a magic bullet combination of complacancy, fatigue and us playing out of our skins - even then though................................................................

Their game against Man. City was effectively a glorified friendly but loathsome as they are they did play extremely adequately. As is said above if they play like that on Friday it might be a case of damage limitation (3?, 4?, 5?) - let's hope we get a magic bullet combination of complacancy, fatigue and us playing out of our skins - even then though................................................................

We can also count on getting some "wrong" decisions in our favour by the match officials, of course. Just as always.

If Azeez scores against celtic never mind a hat trick it will be the modern day equivalent of Moses parting the red sea. Further more, I will put an additional £20 into the PAWS should he achieve that remarkable feat.

ETA. It will more likely be a hat trick of misses DD

Edited by MonehJags

If Azeez scores against celtic never mind a hat trick it will be the modern day equivalent of Moses parting the red sea. Further more, I will put an additional £20 into the PAWS should he achieve that remarkable feat.

ETA. It will more likely be a hat trick of misses DD

I'll join you. Would be worth every penny. :)

Genuinely in 2 minds about Friday night. Lose an early goal and it really is a case of keeping the score down. That said, they need to lose at some point so you just never know. Our attitude going in to the game has to be absolutely spot on. We need to believe we can match them and beat them - this for me is the biggest problem when we come up against the bigger clubs.

Getting the keys to my new house on Friday so not even sure if I will make it, but knowing my luck we will win if I don't and lose 5-0 if I do.

Celtic have firepower, undoubtedly. But Motherwell proved that if you are willing to have a go at them they will concede goals. Unfortunately in my opinion, Archie has shown a lot of trepidation in approaching games against Celtic, Rangers, Aberdeen, Hearts etc. As much as I think that our performances this season have been as bad as I have seen us in the SPFL over the past four seasons, I do think we are far better going forward than defending. Proof of this is simply in our conceding last gasp goals. Put some pressure on our back line and sooner rather than later you'll score. Hope we approach the game like we did in that 1-0 loss at Celtic Park last season (despite losing a last minute goal again), in that we try and control the game, and are not content to simply absorb pressure.

Edited by Yellow & Redneck