Dungdee 28/12/2016

Lindau

Superb team effort last night, solid at the back, more than matched them in midfield and creative up front. Edwards, Barton, Welsh, Doolan were the stars and really pleased for Devine and Gordon, neither of whom put a foot wrong tonight. Great atmosphere with a decent away crowd and the Northy in great voice. Well done to Archie, Shaggy and all the boys on the park for batttling this one out.

The only spoiler was having to listen to my brother in law complaining all the way back to Dundee about getting 3 out of his 4 always up, with guess who letting him down. Do you share my heartache?

Now one more great performance on Saturday and we can all enjoy the break.

• Like 1

Reading harterlys comments after the game I noticed he was moaning about the free kick for the second, however the point is Dundee has numeous soft free kicks slightly further out from goal and made nothing of them. Maybe he should look closer to home before moaning about possibly the one decision (or two) in the whole game that actually went in our favour.

Another example was the challenge on azeez in the box that looked possibly a penalty but twenty seconds later the ref gave a foul to Dundee 50 yards up the park for exactly the same challenge.

Also a shout out to big Darren odea who must need an entire pack of strepsils this morning after the moaning he did last night about EVERY decision. Just what on earth was he moaning about when he played the early taken free kick out of the park?

Reading harterlys comments after the game I noticed he was moaning about the free kick for the second, however the point is Dundee has numeous soft free kicks slightly further out from goal and made nothing of them. Maybe he should look closer to home before moaning about possibly the one decision (or two) in the whole game that actually went in our favour.

Another example was the challenge on azeez in the box that looked possibly a penalty but twenty seconds later the ref gave a foul to Dundee 50 yards up the park for exactly the same challenge.

Also a shout out to big Darren odea who must need an entire pack of strepsils this morning after the moaning he did last night about EVERY decision. Just what on earth was he moaning about when he played the early taken free kick out of the park?

Think he was saying that the ball came off a jags player (Doolan?) As for niggly, wee moaners, can anyone hold a candle to McGowan. He needs a slap!

Archie says on Jagzone that Callum and Abs out for Inverness game. Liam hurt his nose last night. I had no idea what had happened to him after we scored. The way he hobbled off seemed to indicate a leg injury. Archie just saying on SSN that we are looking at a few players from down south in the January window!

Guy beside me claimed it was an elbow to the nose. Certainly looked like a head injury the way he was carrying himself for the few minutes prior to the goal, I was really surprised we didn't put the ball out for him to get treatment.

If Edwards keeps this type of form up, he is undroppable. Where would that leave a fully fit Banzo next season. Really thought we would miss Bannigan this season but Ryan Edwards has been a revelation! Can't think of ever seeing a jags player that has the boundless energy he has.

I think Bannigan is also pretty much undroppable as well. Archie has nearly always played him when fit.

We have absolutely ridiculous options in central midfield when everyone's fit; Osman, Bannigan, Fraser, Welsh, Edwards, Barton.

I'd say pretty much all of them on the top of their game would probably be regulars for a bottom 6 team.

Guy beside me claimed it was an elbow to the nose. Certainly looked like a head injury the way he was carrying himself for the few minutes prior to the goal, I was really surprised we didn't put the ball out for him to get treatment.

Think that would make 3 times one of our players got elbowed in the face/head by a Dundee player. I can't remember if he even yellow carded any for it.

McDonald is a bigger moaner than McGowan.

But he's a much better player and not so ugly. I don't think he's been inside either. Although I wouldn't be surprised.

So McGowan wins the prize for the most detestable premier league player.

This used to be the domain of the Old Firm players - Alex MacDonald, Tommy McLean, Durie, that Aussie thug that Rangers had. Oh, that's strange, they all played for Rangers.

But he's a much better player and not so ugly. I don't think he's been inside either. Although I wouldn't be surprised.

This used to be the domain of the Old Firm players - Alex MacDonald, Tommy McLean, Durie, that Aussie thug that Rangers had. Oh, that's strange, they all played for Rangers.

No mention of 'Broony'?

Novo

Just re-watched the highlights on Alba and was wondering if Thistle need to become more, how should I put it? "professional" in our play. If you contrast the free kick when Booth scored and the similar one at the other end. The referee sprayed the line and immediately his back turned, the Dundee line stepped over it then shuffled forward 'till they were at least a foot in front of it when the kick was taken. The thistle line stayed put.

Then there were numerous free kicks given against us when the Thistle player hardly touched the Dundee player before he went down. If you think you are getting away with it, should you go into every tackle with elbows raised?

Dundee tried to steal yards at every throw in and were only really pulled back when it was really obvious.

Personally I don't think I want Thistle to adopt some of these tactics but when you're playing a team which seems coached in them should we or do we need to?

Edited by scotty

Just re-watched the highlights on Alba and was wondering if Thistle need to become more, how should I put it? "professional" in our play. If you contrast the free kick when Booth scored and the similar one at the other end. The referee sprayed the line and immediately his back turned, the Dundee line stepped over it then shuffled forward 'till they were at least a foot in front of it when the kick was taken. The thistle line stayed put.

Then there were numerous free kicks given against us when the Thistle player hardly touched the Dundee player before he went down. If you think you are getting away with it, should you go into every tackle with elbows raised?

Dundee tried to steal yards at every throw in and were only really pulled back when it was really obvious.

Personally I don't think I want Thistle to adopt some of these tactics but when you're playing a team which seems coached in them should we or do we need to?

I think you'll find Booth/Welsh moved the ball back a bit in the "D" (as is common) to give a better scoring opportunity. Don't know if the Dees wall moved accordingly or not. Agree tho' in principle, as long as you're not getting punished you can't ever be too professional.

Thought tho' in general the lads saw the game out professionally and if the defending looked a bit deep at times it was more be choice to stifle any Dundee attack. The number of times they resorted to speculative shots kinda back that up.

I think you'll find Booth/Welsh moved the ball back a bit in the "D" (as is common) to give a better scoring opportunity. Don't know if the Dees wall moved accordingly or not. Agree tho' in principle, as long as you're not getting punished you can't ever be too professional.

Thought tho' in general the lads saw the game out professionally and if the defending looked a bit deep at times it was more be choice to stifle any Dundee attack. The number of times they resorted to speculative shots kinda back that up.

By "professional" I meant "cheat"! :)