Dundee 01/03/2017

Lindau

magic result :fan:

an avalanche of clean sheets (well done to the defence/keeper) ... fourth place in plain sight ... and 2 games away from the Scottish Cup Final with a trip to Europe for just being the finalists!

'Mon the Jags!

We need to win the cup to get into Europe. If Celtic win the cup then 4th place team gets it I believe.

We need to make the most of this because if we do win on Sunday and continue this run in the league, Archie, Scott and players like Cerny, Lindsay, Edwards etc are going to be attracting attention. We have flown under the radar up till now, that won't be the case if we continue the way we are playing just now. It's a great time to be a jags fan, let's hope we can top it off on Sunday!

• Like 1

Another magnificent performance from the team.

Elliot came in and did a terrific job on the right hand side. Dools and Erskine once again causing absolute havoc in the opposition half and to be honest we deserved at least another goal. Doolan outmuscling O'Dea for the goal was just a marvellous sight to see.

The back 3 once again, absolutely outstanding. Real backs to the wall stuff towards the end as you would fully expect, but I really never thought they were going to score, and that's down to how good we've been defensively recently.

The continued success of the team must be getting extremely awkward now for a good few people on here.

We now go up to Aberdeen on Saturday with a real chance. Absolutely nothing to lose, full of confidence at both ends of the park. We couldn't ask to be in better shape or frame of mind for this game.

• Like 2

Watched the game on DeeTV(nowhere near as good as JagZone coverage), Not the highest quality of game but actually enjoyed seeing us defend a lead. Previous games like this we would have lost a last minute goal or worse. Back 3 really suits us and Keown has lifted both Devine and Lindsays performance.

• Like 1

We need to make the most of this because if we do win on Sunday and continue this run in the league, Archie, Scott and players like Cerny, Lindsay, Edwards etc are going to be attracting attention. We have flown under the radar up till now, that won't be the case if we continue the way we are playing just now.

The improvement Edwards has shown is fantastic. If players move on to better things and PTFC are well compensated so be it. Is there a better keeper than Cerny in the league?

All I've seen is the goal, but Doolan didn't need to do much to brush O'Dea off the ball, just a simple shoulder challenge. O'Dea went down as he knew he had lost the race for the ball, but had to have a go at the referee to convince himself he wasn't to blame.

What a signing Keown has been, solid as a rock.

Devine deserves tremendous credit for bouncing back from a ropey start to his Jags career, he has been terrific lately as well.

The back 3 of Keown, Devine and Lindsay showings signs of being up there with Craigen, Paterson and Archibald!

Hats off to the management team as well. No panic when we were shipping daft goals, stuck by the guys they had signed and have obviously worked wonders with them in training.

Doolan double on Sunday to take us to Hampden?

• Like 2

The back 3 once again, absolutely outstanding. Real backs to the wall stuff towards the end as you would fully expect, but I really never thought they were going to score, and that's down to how good we've been defensively recently.

The backs to the wall stuff is difficult to avoid, a side effect to a back three, but they soaked up everything. It wasn't tho' just about them last night. Archie's got everyone singin' from the same hymn sheet and we can defend all over the park. As Ian says magnificent team performance.

Been said many times before but Elliott must be a manager's joy to work with. Apart from his sending off recently, which was certainly out of character, I can't imagine Christie ever being torn apart by the management for not following orders. He goes far in making up for what he lacks in sheer skill. Every successful team, well the ones who don't have a bottomless pit of dosh, benefit from having a player like Elliott who can slot in to various positions and give his all.

• Like 7

The continued success of the team must be getting extremely awkward now for a good few people on here.

Squirming is the word I would use Ian. Still, the vast majority don't post anymore which is a result for most on here!

Edited by Lindau

I remember at a meet the Manager night with MacNamara a few years back , and was asked why w didn't sign Tam McManus and the answer was we had funds to sign either McManus or Christie Elliot and he felt in McManus we might get a season out of him but felt Elliot would develop and we could get a good few years out of him . That's has certainly proofed true. A vey underrated player and valuable team member

Christie Elliott is our version of John O'Shea/Park Ji Sung from that Manchester United team.

He's maybe not your first choice, but guaranteed to play well in 20 odd games a season, and never lets you down when he comes in.

I'd be pretty happy going forward with Dumbuya, Booth and Elliott as our full backs for the next few seasons. Penrice will probably come into the mix at some point too actually.

Why would a person squirm for offering their opinion? Right or wrong. Oops! I forgot. You aren't allowed an opinion if it doesn't match yours.

You seem a bit upset, despite us winning regularly, keeping clean sheets, in the Top 6, one game away from Hampden. Not a shock really!

Edited by Lindau