Just In ...

MerryHell

• Replies 62
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'm taking that he's transferred the number plate from the TOTAL drug dealer Range Rover sport job that he used to have..

It's just another aspect of the board and McCall's failings on the transfer front that Liam ends up with an Aston Martin Vantage with a personalised number plate and poor Paddy Boyle (1 more goal than Liam) ends up with some kind of weird Ford Zetec hybrid thing with a slightly personalised number plate..

I'm taking that he's transferred the number plate from the TOTAL drug dealer Range Rover sport job that he used to have..

It's just another aspect of the board and McCall's failings on the transfer front that Liam ends up with an Aston Martin Vantage with a personalised number plate and poor Paddy Boyle (1 more goal than Liam) ends up with some kind of weird Ford Zetec hybrid thing with a slightly personalised number plate..

If you're only "taking that he's transferred" the plate from his old car, how come you know it was a Vantage? :thinking:

Quite.

Another example of tactical ineptitude by our manager that he (just) got away with.

Another team would have ripped us a new one.

Still we were due a bit of good fortune.

Slainte.

Let's have a serious look at the game for once instead of mindless reaction (which is really a reaction to previous results and not to what happened today.

The manager played a youngster from the under-19s plus a guy (Hodge) who has still to prove himself ... giving them a chance to see what they could do. He also gave a player who's just back from injury a run out. All in a game which it would be nice to win but wasn't too important that we did.

I'd say he figured we'd be good enough to beat them even with a team that wasn't the strongest we could put out and despite a few scares we did.

We also got a few positives from the game. Doolan's in good form, the young lad Bannigan looked comfortable in the first team and we'd decent performances from a few players, at the same time progressing to the next round.

Downside was Buchanan's inability to get into scoring positions (though did well to set up Doolan) and the injury to Robertson.

Edited by Mr Bunny

Let's have a serious look at the game for once instead of mindless reaction (which is really a reaction to previous results and not to what happened today.

The manager played a youngster from the under-19s plus a guy (Hodge) who has still to prove himself ... giving them a chance to see what they could do. He also gave a player who's just back from injury a run out. All in a game which it would be nice to win but wasn't too important that we did.

I'd say he figured we'd be good enough to beat them even with a team that wasn't the strongest we could put out and despite a few scares we did.

We also got a few positives from the game. Doolan's in good form, the young lad Bannigan looked comfortable in the first team and we'd decent performances from a few players, at the same time progressing to the next round.

Downside was Buchanan's inability to get into scoring positions (though did well to set up Doolan) and the injury to Robertson.

I'd disagree it wasn't important we won today. In the normal course of events it wouldn't have mattered particularly much, but the recent results have heaped so much pressure on the manager, that another loss would have racked up that pressure to another level.

Your other points I agree with. Good to see an under 19 playing, something he promised we would see this eason more often. Good to see MacNamara get a run out and show his class. Understand the logic with Hodge, but who just showed once again why he isn't up to the job.

I'd still say his reorganisation once Robbo was injured was poor and he was lucky to get away with it.

Anyway a win is a win and I'm going to have a sore head in the morning!

OK. I am going to disagree with a few points, I thought we were tactically okay today, I think the manager called it reasonably well. Thats with the exception of playing Hodge, I'd have started with Flannigan. We did let it slip after the break, Ayr went gung-ho, but we were not without chances either, if Doolan had not been on a hat-trick Erskine would have shot on a few occasions rather than teeing it up for him. Also we were denied a stone wall spot kick in my opinion, aswell as SID missing a good opportunity.

However it was a good win, and Doolan had a very good game aswell. It was important to stop the rot, but I hope the players know that this win in no way compensates for the atrocious start to the campaign. However we needed to get the confidence up. Bring on Saturday and lets hope we can start our charge out of the play-offs with a win against Albion.

C'mon The Jags!

Some of the criticism on here is rather harsh today i feel. Sure we looked nervy on occasions but thats due to the low confidence that comes with the recent criticism the players have recieved. Today we saw all the players busting a gut and thats all we can ask for and hopefully they can transfer that attitude into away games soon. Jackie will be a big bonus in the games to come as we are a completely different outfit with him in the team as we were able to build play from the back on many occasions at a good tempo with his organisation and movement

Would like to add imo Paul Paton had his best game in a Thistle jersey for well over a year! He crossed well, tackled well and was willing to get up and down the wing to be involved in the play. I am normally a big critic but credit where its due he seemed to be a completely different player today and hopefully he can keep it up and prove the critics wrong :thumbsup2:

Some of the criticism on here is rather harsh today i feel. Sure we looked nervy on occasions but thats due to the low confidence that comes with the recent criticism the players have recieved. Today we saw all the players busting a gut and thats all we can ask for and hopefully they can transfer that attitude into away games soon. Jackie will be a big bonus in the games to come as we are a completely different outfit with him in the team as we were able to build play from the back on many occasions at a good tempo with his organisation and movementWould like to add imo Paul Paton had his best game in a Thistle jersey for well over a year! He crossed well, tackled well and was willing to get up and down the wing to be involved in the play. I am normally a big critic but credit where its due he seemed to be a completely different player today and hopefully he can keep it up and prove the critics wrong :thumbsup2:

Completely agree with everything. Too much criticism of today's performance I think. WE WON! We are not going to win many this season, so belt up with the criticism and go get pissed and enjoy it when you can :thumbsup2:

Edited by Yellow & Redneck

Can I just say that, since Kilmarnock away in pre-season last year, I have been saying Kris Doolan is a good goal box predator with a good attitude and would get a decent amount of goals if played. I reiterated this after Morton away 2 weeks back and now he has 3 goals in 2 games since. I'm better than McCall. There, I've said it.

Can I just say that, since Kilmarnock away in pre-season last year, I have been saying Kris Doolan is a good goal box predator with a good attitude and would get a decent amount of goals if played. I reiterated this after Morton away 2 weeks back and now he has 3 goals in 2 games since. I'm better than McCall. There, I've said it.

My radiator is better than McCall.

Kinda looks like Peterhead will be the fourth team in the draw. They're 2 up on Stenny at half time.

I really hope we get a home draw in the semi. Our next two away games are in Dumfries & Dingwall as it is and Peterhead away would cost the club dearly. I've got very fond memories of our last visit but it's a nightmare of a place to get to and fairly cold & unfriendly once you're there.

Kinda looks like Peterhead will be the fourth team in the draw. They're 2 up on Stenny at half time.

I really hope we get a home draw in the semi. Our next two away games are in Dumfries & Dingwall as it is and Peterhead away would cost the club dearly. I've got very fond memories of our last visit but it's a nightmare of a place to get to and fairly cold & unfriendly once you're there.

With the other 2 teams in the semis being Queen of the South and Ross Co a home draw is essential, 2 visits to the north of Scotland or 2 to the south in quick succession does not fill me with joy.

Without connecting McCall to a flow and return, with a decent TRV, I just don't see how you can make such a ridiculous claim

You incorrectly assume I was suggesting that my radiator is better than McCall at being a radiator.

I actually meant that my radiator is better than McCall at being a football manager. This is fact.

Stop being.

Played better than last week (it wouldn't have been difficult huh?) and we deserved the win. Hopefully a little confidence will return to the side.

Thought Jackie played very well yesterday considering how long he's been out injured. I hope that Doolan will now get a start for next few games as that is richly deserved.

I also noticed that Ami had a lovely big pearl necklace - has someone splashed out on her? ;)