Killie 18/03/17

Lindau

I'd say the point was good (though disappointing to lose a late goal through a mistake rather than their good play) as all the other results were OK for us. Now 10 points clear of play-off/relegation spots and 2 home games against teams below us to establish top six spot.

Ross County (h)

Celtic (a)

Motherwell(h)

Rangers (a)

Don't think there's a huge difference in the upcoming games to be honest, except we have County at home while they are away to Inverness. We really need a win from the game next week after throwing away points today and last week.

Edited by soulful_jag

Can't say I'm too disappointed. A very uncharacteristic mistake from Cerny. Even the best keeper in the division makes a mistake now and then.

Indeed. The bigger picture needs to be looked at - it's not that long since PTFC were at the bottom. Fast forward to now and even the biggest Jags pessimist would struggle to make a case for relegation.

Awesome? U American? That wis pish. I wis gutted we couldnt haud oan tae a goal fae hee haw. That wis shockin. Osman wis chasin shadows aw day. There goal wis incompetence. It shouldnt have been near cerny. The only bonus, everyone wis singing Sabbath's song "he wears number 9, scores aw the time, Kristopher Doolan"

Edited by MonehJags

A fantastic second half display that was more than deserving of the three points. Erskine's goal was the most enjoyable for me since Abdul's at Perth. Gutted isn't the word.

Cerny has cost us the game and you can't help feel for the guy, he will be devastated. He hadn't done anything wrong the whole game.

• Like 1

Well I never thought I would ever see Cerny lose a goal like that! These things happen, even to great keepers like Cerny. He has hardly put a foot wrong since he came to the club, so we need to cut him a bit of slack today. You could tell the way he trudged off the park at the end, that he was gutted. That was as sore as last week. In reality we should have had another 4 points on the board over the last two games. We are causing ourselves problems by not burying our chances and as a result the defence is coming under pressure in the latter stages of games. After the first 25 minutes we dominated up till the last 10 minutes and the game should have been out of sight.. It's good to get a break now and hopefully get some half fit players back for the County game. Top 6 is still in our hands but we now probably need to take full points from our two home games!

Edited by Lindau
  • Like 1

Well I never thought I would ever see Cerny lose a goal like that! These things happen, even to great keepers like Cerny. He has hardly put a foot wrong since he came to the club, so we need to cut him a bit of slack today. You could tell the way he trudged off the park at the end, that he was gutted. That was as sore as last week. In reality we should have had another 4 points on the board over the last two games. We are causing ourselves problems by not burying our chances and as a result the defence is coming under pressure in the latter stages of games. After the first 25 minutes we dominated up till the last 10 minutes and the game should have been out of sight.. It's good to get a break now and hopefully get some half fit players back for the County game. Top 6 is still in our hands but we now probably need to take full points from our two home games!

Yep Cerny has been immense for us. IMO the best goalkeeper in the Premiership.

Shut it. Awesome? U American? That wis pish. I wis gutted we couldnt haud oan tae a goal fae hee haw. That wis shockin. Osman wis chasin shadows aw day. There goal wis incompetence. It shouldnt have been near cerny. The only bonus, everyone wis singing Sabbath's song "he wears number 9, scores aw the time, Kristopher Doolan"

Not understanding your Osman comment. I thought that Abdul had one of his best games today.

Indeed the second half performance by the whole team was generally excellent.

• Like 1

Sore one due to the timing and nature of the goal.

We were great in the 2nd half, as always we should have been comfortable before the error.

Cerny has been great and all goalkeepers have a balls up now and again.

Top 6 is still in our own hands, can't ask for more than that.

With the break now coming we can get the squad rested and come back firing.

Annoyed at the late goal but not disheartened, this team has more than enough to secure that top 6 place.

Yep Cerny has been immense for us. IMO the best goalkeeper in the Premiership.

We don't agree on much, but we will on that. You get the feeling that if he was Scottish he still wouldnt get anywhere near the Scotland set up. Guys like Gilks would be in front of him!! Talking of Scotland, I thought Lindsay was immense today again!

Gutted not to win that given the amount of chances we created in the second half. Barton's shot of the post could have bounced anywhere as could Stevies shot off the bar but such is our luck.

Thought big Abdul had a really good game, along with erskine and Lindsay and keown at the back were superb.christie had a poor first half but played well second as the wing back.

Only criticism i felt was that Archie should have made the subs a bit earlier as erskine was tiring and big azeez could have held the ball up and taken some of the pressure off but I think the only way Killie were going to score was a freak goal as they offeredpretty much nothing up the goal. To be fair to cerny he did make a great stop in the first half and as said by other posters is a cracking keeper so can't criticise him too much.

There was certainly only one team deserving of a top 6 place based on the quality of football. Killie just lump it high and long to fatty Boyd and salmon, dreadful to watch.

Beaton had a stinker of a game, countless fouls not given (majority made by Boyd) yet free kicks for nothing at other times. The standard of refereeing over the last few weeks has been just appalling.

Edited by kennymac29

We don't agree on much, but we will on that. You get the feeling that if he was Scottish he still wouldnt get anywhere near the Scotland set up. Guys like Gilks would be in front of him!! Talking of Scotland, I thought Lindsay was immense today again!

I was one of Lindsay's biggest critics at the start of the season. He has come on in leaps and bounds since then. Having Cerny back has helped. Devine has come onto a game and Keown has been excellent. These factors have allowed Lindsay to blossom. All credit to him for taking all the coaching and advise on board. I suspect we shall lose him soon. Best of luck to him.

I was one of Lindsay's biggest critics at the start of the season. He has come on in leaps and bounds since then. Having Cerny back has helped. Devine has come onto a game and Keown has been excellent. These factors have allowed Lindsay to blossom. All credit to him for taking all the coaching and advise on board. I suspect we shall lose him soon. Best of luck to him.

Cerny is the X factor for the defence and the difference in Danny and Liam since he came back in has been incredible. Makes today's blip all the more baffling!

Shut it. Awesome? U American? That wis pish. I wis gutted we couldnt haud oan tae a goal fae hee haw. That wis shockin. Osman wis chasin shadows aw day. There goal wis incompetence. It shouldnt have been near cerny. The only bonus, everyone wis singing Sabbath's song "he wears number 9, scores aw the time, Kristopher Doolan"

Hard to believe a super fan like you travels to away games but hey never judge a book eh!! Thankfully for you though the match is just an hors d'oeuvres for the real fun to be had trolling afterwards. Enjoy you must have had a hard day watching that performance.

• Like 1