Stephen O'donnell

jaggy

unfortunately while he was on fire when he first joined Dumbaya had spent more time off the pitch than on it sadly and therefore I would have to say yes he would add more

O'Donnell had his fair share of injuries whilst at Thistle and at Luton. Not saying we shouldn't sign him, but would it be at the expense of a more valuable player?

Was watching the wee snippet of Luton's play off game and their right back/rightwingback seemed to have a good game and was clearly rated. So no real surprise SOD been released.

Given I only watch highlights, and besides any TV coverage is always flawed, but I get the distinct impression our standard of football is well ahead of that of the 4th tier in England. Perhaps the style of play SOD provided was not in tandem with the kick and rush style of the 4th tier in England? Whatever, I doubt O'Donnell's gone backwards and I reckon he'd be a useful signing. Whether we need him is of course another matter.

Unless he can replace one of likely to be departing centre backs, its hard to see how he would be needed.

he would be needed because sadly Muzzy has not for at least half of his career with us been able to stay injury free, though if he was Muzzy would possibly be at an even higher level.

Also in a tougher league looking to challenge or indeed survive and SOD is a considerable improvement on Booth, Elliot(who can be utilised elsewhere anyway) and Muzzy(referring to his form this year) and also additionally while not a necessity carries a very real goal threat

Personally I would take both of them back in a heartbeat. Love Christie, but he is nowhere near a fully fit SOD and ATS as far as talent goes and with doubts over Muzzy's fitness and Callum Booths recent form and maybe just a year too early for Penrice, it would be a no brainer for me.

Personally I would take both of them back in a heartbeat. Love Christie, but he is nowhere near a fully fit SOD and ATS as far as talent goes and with doubts over Muzzy's fitness and Callum Booths recent form and maybe just a year too early for Penrice, it would be a no brainer for me.

Would take ATS back if Penrice is nowhere near the first team but we have no place for SOD our budget could be best placed in either the centre back or centre forward areas.

Would take ATS back if Penrice is nowhere near the first team but we have no place for SOD our budget could be best placed in either the centre back or centre forward areas.

we do have a place when he is an improvement on a number of defenders and when for the last year and a half our best right back has been unable to play more than a few games before unfortunately having to deal with injury

living in the past. must look to the future. Best memory, the four touch goal against the Arabs. What next Roughie as back up.

just like your theory on a flat earth you are once again so correct. In fact seeing how disastrous it was for the club in going back for Lambie, Archie and Erskine really does show how spot on you are
  • Like 1

living in the past. must look to the future. Best memory, the four touch goal against the Arabs. What next Roughie as back up.

Not sure what the Roughie comment is about as he is in his 60s!! Both these guys are still young. SOD is 25 and ATS is 26. Thought we were well covered at full back this season however Muzzy appears injury prone and Callum Booth has hit a real period of bad form. That leaves an ex centre forward (who admittedly has been playing well at full back) and an untried youngster ( who has bags of talent but probably still a season away from first team football) Don't think they will come back but if they were willing, I for one, would be delighted to see them back

Chances are they will get better offers down south.

Agreed, but if they were willing to come back, we shouldn't be dismissing it. These two guys are still young, it's not as if they are winding their careers down. They are 4 and 5 years older than Liam. Be happy to see one, or indeed both, of them back.