Betfred Cup

elevenone

Stranraer good memories. Play off victory. Fight back from 1-3 to win 4-3. Quinton debut. Ground in middle of play park. Excellent for young kids' prematch entertainment if anyone thinking of family trip (assuming that it is a Saturday).

Is that the match when Paul Walker ran riot against us? We signed him on the strength of that performance!

Memories of Stranraer: season 70-71 Wednesday .... left home to go to school as usual, but ended up on the north-west supporters bus heading for Stranraer. Spotted at the game by non other than Robert Reid, my teacher, who should also have been at school that day! Charlie Smith and Frank Coulston combined to make sure that our title winning team stayed on track.

Another memory: Paul Walker terrifying our defence throughout an entire match..... after which we signed him!

Is that the match when Paul Walker ran riot against us? We signed him on the strength of that performance!

Yes that was the 4-3 game. My recollection was that the weather was crazy too, with bright sunshine interspersed with heavy thunderous showers. The sudden influx of water was too much for the guttering on the old stand and resulted in a spectacular waterfall with jags fans dancing under it as the goals went in!

Ten

I loved the Stranraer playoff game, are there any highlights of it? I remember ptfc tv had highlights, the scenes in the terrace/stand were epic!

Talking of TV highlights (and prompted by tonight) has anyone any film of Dorrans's goal v Peterhead? I reckon yon goal was the greatest meaningless goal I've ever seen us score. When discussion arises about goals that ultimately had no effect on the final result I reckon tonight's goal from Mandzukic, both from a team and individual effort, will be hard to surpass.

Ten

Talking of TV highlights (and prompted by tonight) has anyone any film of Dorrans's goal v Peterhead? I reckon yon goal was the greatest meaningless goal I've ever seen us score. When discussion arises about goals that ultimately had no effect on the final result I reckon tonight's goal from Mandzukic, both from a team and individual effort, will be hard to surpass.

I'm sure it's on the DVD for the Peterhead playoff season; if you can get your hands on a copy.

Ten

Dorrans' was better.

I think we're looking at something like this. Eminently winnable but uninspiring in terms of away days.

Group H

Stranraer v St Mirren

Livingston v Partick

St Mirren v Livingston (Midweek)

Airdrie v Stranraer (Midweek)

Partick v St Mirren

Livingston v Airdrie

Airdrie v Partick (Midweek)

Stranraer v Livingston (Midweek)

St Mirren v Airdrie

Partick v Stranraer

I think we're looking at something like this. Eminently winnable but uninspiring in terms of away days.

Group H

Stranraer v St Mirren

Livingston v Partick

St Mirren v Livingston (Midweek)

Airdrie v Stranraer (Midweek)

Partick v St Mirren

Livingston v Airdrie

Airdrie v Partick (Midweek)

Stranraer v Livingston (Midweek)

St Mirren v Airdrie

Partick v Stranraer

Who is this Partick?

• Like 2

Saturday 15 July- Livingston v Partick Thistle, kick-off 3.00pm

Saturday 22 July- Partick Thistle v St Mirren, kick-off 3.00pm (Live on BT Sport)

Tuesday 25 July- Airdrieonians v Partick Thistle, kick-off 7.45pm

Saturday 29 July- Partick Thistle v Stranraer, kick-off 3.00pm

Edited by lady-isobel-barnett

Ten

Was posted on the Facebook page 'Old Partick Thistle Pictures' in September last year, and yes it's as tremendous as you remember.

Saturday 15 July- Livingston v Partick Thistle, kick-off 3.00pm

Saturday 22 July- Partick Thistle v St Mirren, kick-off 3.00pm (Live on BT Sport)

Tuesday 25 July- Airdrieonians v Partick Thistle, kick-off 7.45pm

Saturday 29 July- Partick Thistle v Stranraer, kick-off 3.00pm

When I'm good, I'm very good :