Ross County V Thistle @ Dingwall

Knightswood Jag

Think we need to win this to try and get our season up and running as the longer we go without winning the more it'll affect the team's confidence. I'll excuse the first four games as the only game I was expecting a point off of was St Johnstone, we've been playing well now we just need to turn it into points.

Edited by Knightswood Jag

A poll on who'll win a Thistle game on s Thistle website? I'd like to think we might get a majority for the Jags here.

You'll get the pessimists though, need to let them express their opinion. I mean we already have two 'County Win' votes. Most people on here will go for a Jags win, I think...

Edited by Knightswood Jag

Possibly worth pointing out less than a year and a half ago we would've been celebrating a draw up there big time. It wasn't to be on that occasion. So even if the table won't make great reading I feel we should be happy enough with a point. We are tho' well capable of winning. Long way to go and come back empty handed.

Forecast: 2-1 For the Jags. Attendance reported: 3247. Actual attendance: 2344.

What's our thoughts on team selection for Saturday.

With Keown Suspended does Devine Slip in or do we move Barton Back or play both in defence.

Does Mcginn get a start or has Nitriansky done enough to stay in the team.

Who takes the attacking slots Erskine,lawless,Spittal,Sammon,Storey or Dools

Can we tag our 5th league game as a must win?

I'm guessing but the signing of McGinn is seen as a more attacking option from full back with Nitriansky more as a utility defender. So I reckon McGinn and Elliott are seen as the full back pairing in the short term at least. If Milan starts I'd put that down to match fitness issues.

More than likely Devine will come in as a straight replacement. The only way Barton will go to centreback will be in either an injury crisis or the centre of a back three. Archie will only play three centrebacks if tactics warrant a change, not simply to suit Barton. Gotta feeling that Spittal will be a big player for us this season and he's unlikely to start in a 3-5-2. He's simply not got the pace to play wingback.

Edited by lady-isobel-barnett

I'm guessing but the signing of McGinn is seen as a more attacking option from full back with Nitriansky more as a utility defender. So I reckon McGinn and Elliott are seen as the full back pairing in the short term at least. If Milan starts I'd put that down to match fitness issues.

More than likely Devine will come in as a straight replacement. The only way Barton will go to centreback will be in either an injury crisis or the centre of a back three. Archie will only play three centrebacks if tactics warrant a change, not simply to suit Barton. Gotta feeling that Spittal will be a big player for us this season and he's unlikely to start in a 3-5-2. He's simply not got the pace to play wingback.

I'm hoping for a 3-4-3 with Cerny in goal(obviously), a back three of Devine, Barton and Turnbull, Nitriansky and Elliott at wing back as I don't think McGinn will be match fit yet, Banzo and Abdul as the two centre mids and a front three of Erskine, Doolan and Spittal.

• Like 1

I'm hoping for a 3-4-3 with Cerny in goal(obviously), a back three of Devine, Barton and Turnbull, Nitriansky and Elliott at wing back as I don't think McGinn will be match fit yet, Banzo and Abdul as the two centre mids and a front three of Erskine, Doolan and Spittal.

That looks like a decent line-up, leaving plenty of options to come on at the right time (i.e., when we're cruising 3-0 and looking to improve our goal difference).

I'd be astonished if Archie went with that formation. Personally I'd play 5-3-2.

Cerny

McGinn,Turnbull,Devine,Baron, Elliott.

Erskine,Osman,Spittal

Sammon,Storey

• Like 1

Four of us going to this one, always a great trip but as LIB says it's a long road back if you get nothing from the game. I'm told by a county man that since boyce left they are less direct and try to play on the ground which might suit our style.

I sure hope Fox plays

Analysis of the list on his 50 goal thread indicates that Chis Erskine has scored more goals at Dingwall than at any other ground apart from Firhill. All 4 were I believe scored at the traditional Thistle end. To add to that he netted at the other end in a Challenge Cup penalty shoot out.

I am expecting that record to be improved today. Go Squiddy!