Hearts 23/9/17

Auld Jag

Absolutely crap. Blown another lead in the last 10mins against one of the weakest Hearts teams I've ever seen. What's that now, 13 league games without a win? Needs to improve in the coming weeks, because this is hopeless. That wasn't a good point, it was two dropped.

Do you think they just ran out of steam after Tuesdays game?

Do you think they just ran out of steam after Tuesdays game?

No. I don't think professional athletes should run out of steam after having 3-4 days rest. Plus we have a full time fitness coach now who does god knows what, since we seem to be picking up more injuries than we prevent. I put the two dropped points down to the usual thing we do: sit too deep, don't take our chances, and let our arse collapse.

No. I don't think professional athletes should run out of steam after having 3-4 days rest. Plus we have a full time fitness coach now who does god knows what, since we seem to be picking up more injuries than we prevent. I put the two dropped points down to the usual thing we do: sit too deep, don't take our chances, and let our arse collapse.

Pretty much this.

Dumbuya, Fraser and Cerny are regular or long term injuries that never seem to clear up. Why is that?

Booth, OK that one's unlucky, but he's a way better left back than some on this forum want to admit.

Hearts, like Sevco, were absolutely there to be taken today, but we seem unable to add that killer poison when we have teams by the throat.

Why is that?

Frustation is the only emotion after that one.

First half was decent, both teams having a go with Thistle having the better of it.

Spittal's goal was a great run followed by a dreadful finish followed by even worse goalkeeping!

Had Barton's header gone in just before half time then we'd have been looking at a different game.

We started the 2nd half ok, Spittal took one off Barton's toe when he looked in the better position.

After that we did what we seem to always do and dropped deeper and deeper.

Once Archie took Doolan off for Bannigan we were effectively admitting that holding out for 1-0 was our aim.

The most annoying thing was that it took Hearts to score before we awoke from our slumber and started attacking them again. We could have nicked it at the end if the final ball/decision making was better.

Motherwell showed against Aberdeen in the cup on Thursday that the best form of defense is attack. Until we learn this then we'll keep dropping points.

We have the players but we need to start turning these draws in to wins.

Lastly, I hope Elliot's injury isn't too bad.

Elliott was targeted and taken out, and it seemed to knock the stuffing out of the team. The substitutions were made too late: on losing Elliott, we should have gone to 4 at the back and stiffened up the midfield with Bannigan. Eventually, the midfield was overrun, with Edwards and Barton running out of energy. Of course, our shooting should have been better in the first half, but we ended that half in control of the game, and then fell back, conceding control of the midfield to a poor Hearts opposition. Poor game management.

• Like 1

Absolutely woeful stuff from Thistle 2nd half up until the equaliser. In this league you need to be fit to play for 90 mins I'm afraid.

As professional athletes, they should be capable of playing 120 minutes and then taking penalties accurately - twice or even three times a week, if necessary. The lack of stamina and the long-term injury list together pose a problem that needs to be looked into.