Just Sme Things To Ponder As We Await Our First League Win.

Auld Jag

If Archie thinks he would not be sacked even if we were relegated,does that mean he isn't under pressure and does that then mean the players also don't feel under pressure ? Just over 3000 home support today.How many will be back after what was a terrible game and embarrassing performance from us? We have been ahead in 5 games this season and only managed 3 draws from them. Is this bad game management ? For those that think if we are relegated, that next season would be a championship winning season,it has taken us at least nine seasons to get back to the Premier league when we have been relegated in the past.

We have major injury issues there's absolutely no question about that but it seems to be a common occurrence at firhill so maybe that has to be looked into. How ever we still started today's game with 11 players who are all experienced enough to know that putting a shift in and doing your job (following runners, fighting for the ball rtc ) should be straight forward enough but they lacked the basics today and never really looked comfortable in the shape we were playing? Answer ? Go back to the things that actually worked last season ? Don't play Barton the ******* in midfield? Maybe give a few of the promising young players a chance to impress especially in midfield! It's not working yet from the Motherwell game we made 1 change and it was pretty unexplainable to drop Turnbull imo.

The really worrying thing is that we just went out and repeated the tactics and performance of the Motherwell game.We have vital players missing so why try to play in the same style as if we have them? We had a fortnight to come up with something different and came up with the same.Why is every time we sign a forward they end up stuck out on the wing? The one definite thing we can fix just now is getting Barton to feck out of the middle.He is a major problem in terms of turnover to the opposition. Archie needed a major rethink in terms of how the team play and came up with nothing , very worrying . Falling attendances might cost Archie his job . Can't see where a win is coming from.

Less than 3,000 Jags fans today.

However, that isn't really a surprise. Even when we're winning we rarely pull in more than that.

To say Archie isn't feeling the pressure is ridiculous. Nobody is more aware about the dangers our current situation brings than him.

He's a smart guy, he knows how football works and will know loyalty and sentiment count for nothing.

Personally, I'd stick by him. I think he is a great leader for our club in the dugout and the media.

Perhaps I'm showing too much sentiment but I still believe he'll turn it round.

• Like 3

Less than 3,000 Jags fans today.

However, that isn't really a surprise. Even when we're winning we rarely pull in more than that.

To say Archie isn't feeling the pressure is ridiculous. Nobody is more aware about the dangers our current situation brings than him.

He's a smart guy, he knows how football works and will know loyalty and sentiment count for nothing.

Personally, I'd stick by him. I think he is a great leader for our club in the dugout and the media.

Perhaps I'm showing too much sentiment but I still believe he'll turn it round.

in plenty of home games last season there was less than 3000 jags fans to be fair

Admirably demonstrated at Easter Road for our first league game, when after their third goal went in early second half him and his assistant remained seated in the dugout for the rest of the half.

It doesn't strike you as odd, that rather than watch a game of football, on the first game of the season, you spent 40 minutes watching a motionless dugout?

My eyes weren't glued to the dugout, but the line of sight I had meant I could see both the pitch and the dugout. Not that there was much action to enjoy in the pitch anyway unfortunately. What about the point raised though, rather than my range of vision. Do you not think there should be more animation and passion in the dugout?

Edited by Big Col

My eyes weren't glued to the dugout, but the line of sight I had meant I could see both. Not that there was much action to enjoy in the pitch anyway unfortunately.

You had a seat in the stadium that allowed you to watch the play unfold and keep an eye on the dugout? I'm calling bullshit!

I'm going to take a punt here.

On the occasions you looked over to the dugout, Archie wasn't in the technical area waving his arms about. So due to your inability to ever support him, and your misguided belief that an animated manager makes a good manager, you would rather make a sweeping generalisation based on your own perception.