Should We Sack Archie?

Knightswood Jag

Archibald In or Archibald Out  

82 members have voted

1. 1. In or Out

• In
    • Out

There's been a lot of people on this forum wanting rid of Archie but I think the majority want to stick with him for now, just wanting to confirm this. I personally hope we give him more time but people saying it's his choice when he leaves are quite frankly kidding themselves. I don't think we'll be challenging for top six this season, we'll be lucky to stay in the league the way we're playing. :(

There's been a lot of people on this forum wanting rid of Archie but I think the majority want to stick with him for now, just wanting to confirm this. I personally hope we give him more time but people saying it's his choice when he leaves are quite frankly kidding themselves. I don't think we'll be challenging for top six this season, we'll be lucky to stay in the league the way we're playing. :(

I say no

No disrespect intended, KJ, but this is absolutely inane. Archie is a player who represented us over 400 times. As a manager he both got us promoted (undefeated) and has kept us in the top division ever since. Whether he should cease to be manager or not is most certainly open to discussion but I feel he deserves more than a straw poll on here.

In these days of lazy journalism it's not beyond the realms of possibility that some red top would use the results on here as some sort of definitive answer. One, we who post on here are possibly no way representative of the fanbase as an entirety. Two, Archie deserves far better than this.

Oh, and edited to add if my first point has any relevance then we're talking about a man's livelihood here. Make your point by all means, KR, but stay off the polls at least on matters like this.

Edited by lady-isobel-barnett

.............assuming this poll has any semblance of a point to it - sack Archiie and replace him with who?

Trot out all the usual suspects - Jim MacIntyre; Billy Dodds; Lee McCulloch; Ally McCoist, Ian Cathro.......................(not all these are serious suggestions, honest!).

I see nothing wrong asking for peoples opinions after the start we've had. Some of the replies here are so extreme, it's a football forum ffs

See my reply k o s. Anyway It's not that difficult to sift thru two or three threads on here to draw a conclusion as to the groundswell of opinion. I'd rather do that than rely on some anonymous poll, especially when we you have a gander at the members list on here. Any such poll would be tainted.

Some on this forum say they don't want us known as a sacking club,it is quite obvious we are not as Archie has had a few bad runs.Wasn't at Motherwell so cant comment on that but yesterday was terrible.Imo Archie needs to kick a few backsides and make sure he gets a positive reaction against Dundee.A repeat of yesterdays performance and I think for whatever reason Archie has as they say lost the dressing room.

No disrespect intended, KJ, but this is absolutely inane. Archie is a player who represented us over 400 times. As a manager he both got us promoted (undefeated) and has kept us in the top division ever since. Whether he should cease to be manager or not is most certainly open to discussion but I feel he deserves more than a straw poll on here.

In these days of lazy journalism it's not beyond the realms of possibility that some red top would use the results on here as some sort of definitive answer. One, we who post on here are possibly no way representative of the fanbase as an entirety. Two, Archie deserves far better than this.

Oh, and edited to add if my first point has any relevance then we're talking about a man's livelihood here. Make your point by all means, KR, but stay off the polls at least on matters like this.

Three, he's a troll. He's done the same on P&B.

He's a ****wit.

When I started this thread I just wanted to see what the opinions were on this and I'm glad that the majority still support him but I'm sorry if this has touched a nerve with anyone, I am not a troll although sometimes I post something the following hours after a loss which I later regret. I am simply trying to get opinions which is what forums are based on. I realise I could've been a bit kinder with my wording, I have had the privilege of meeting Archie and he is a very humble person who I feel can sometimes underestimate just how important he is to the club.

• Like 1

When I started this thread I just wanted to see what the opinions were on this and I'm glad that the majority still support him but I'm sorry if this has touched a nerve with anyone, I am not a troll although sometimes I post something the following hours after a loss which I later regret. I am simply trying to get opinions which is what forums are based on. I realise I could've been a bit kinder with my wording, I have had the privilege of meeting Archie and he is a very humble person who I feel can sometimes underestimate just how important he is to the club.

Likewise, thanks for taking the bother to explain.

I'll repeat that I don't believe this is something that should be subject to a straw poll. It's also misleading as there's no way we can know if we're in any way representative of the fanbase. in fact I seriously doubt it. The subject matter is getting discussed on other threads so why start another?

• Like 1

KJ if I am correct is only 14.He has a lot to learn about being a Thistle fan. I feel some of the replies on here have been a bit tough on him.He is the future of our club and we need more youngsters to support our team to carry on when us auld yins head to the check energy stadium In the sky. Also the last time I checked 75% of those that have voted want Archie to stay. So a vote of confidence from the forum.

• Like 2

Don't really understand why this is getting such a strong reaction. The forum is and always has been full of people spouting nonsense, and there's been plenty of people calling for Archie to leave, often in the heat of the moment. This poll has been successful in gauging opinion more accurately, in a more representative way, rather than being dominated by those who shout loudest.

• Like 3