11 hours ago, Alan Murray said:

Very disappointing start to the season. Weak in a number of positions.

Archie really did drop a clanger putting Melbourne at right back. Spittal may lack a bit of pace to play there but he has done okay in the past. He really should have held his hands up on this in interviews after the match.

We lost the battle in the center of the park and a lot of that was down to Gordon. Ran about a lot with little purpose. His lack of experience really counted against him. Think in time he could be good at this level but a lot of work needs to done on how he reads the game. McCarthy will be back in against Falkirk.

Let’s not underestimate Ayr – they are not going to at the bottom of the table. Much more likely to be top six. They have a settled team who know each other’s games well and it really showed.

Got to be said – both Erskine and Doolan were poor. We need much more from them.

Archie really needs to bring in quality with the final positions left in the squad. We really need a big striker to give us options in attack.

We need other options than Mcginty at the back also as the jury is still out on him. I actually thought that he played better than last week. He somehow escaped criticism for a very poor performance. 

Jury not out on McGinty as far as I am concerned. He's a fūcking donkey.

Another awful signing. Never thought I would miss Devine.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Barney Rubble said:

WTF??

On what basis is this thought even possible?

Devine's distribution the ball was poor but at least he could win a header. This guy is 6ft 5 and gets dominated by opposing strikers.

Keown sitting on the bench as well.

10 hours ago, Jag said:

Devine's distribution the ball was poor but at least he could win a header. This guy is 6ft 5 and gets dominated by opposing strikers.

Keown sitting on the bench as well.

I feel like we need to draw breath a wee bit here.  It has been a tragic start....but let's not take it too far.

• Like 1

Bell, O'Ware, Slater, Storey, Doolan. They're the only players I'm thinking are good enough to start in a play-off challenging side. Maybe Elliott. Either way we're at least 5/6 players away.

Penrice - for all he's been praised by fans of East Fife and Livingston, who by the way were praising him for performances in central midfield/defence - does not look the answer at left-back. Let's hope Melbourne is. That wasn't a great start to his Thistle career but he's not a right-back. 

McGinty does look poor. Would prefer Keown but can understand Archie's reticence to play him right now. A new central defender is essential.

Gordon has not been good enough so far, he's too young/inexperienced to be relying on as a starter anyway.

Spittal has picked up where he left off last season, games are just passing him by.

Erskine is in a real slump. Hope it's just temporary.

Worrying.

Edited by ThickAsThieves

2 hours ago, ThickAsThieves said:

Bell, O'Ware, Slater, Storey, Doolan. They're the only players I'm thinking are good enough to start in a play-off challenging side. Maybe Elliott. Either way we're at least 5/6 players away.

Penrice - for all he's been praised by fans of East Fife and Livingston, who by the way were praising him for performances in central midfield/defence - does not look the answer at left-back. Let's hope Melbourne is. That wasn't a great start to his Thistle career but he's not a right-back. 

McGinty does look poor. Would prefer Keown but can understand Archie's reticence to play him right now. A new central defender is essential.

Gordon has not been good enough so far, he's too young/inexperienced to be relying on as a starter anyway.

Spittal has picked up where he left off last season, games are just passing him by.

Erskine is in a real slump. Hope it's just temporary.

Worrying.

Based on so far this season Doolan doesn’t look anywhere near playoff standard. He will always be a legend and has a lot to contribute as a coach but so far this season both he and erskine look almost done and I think too many have red and yellow glasses on to think so far he has been anything other than poor.  Not convinced he is captain material either 

hopefully I am wrong on all counts 

Edited by Third Lanark
  • Like 1

Seems the Torquay fans were onto something.

Here's a selection of my favourite McGinty quotes from the torquayfans.com forum for all my fellow merchants of doom.

Got to wonder if Archie knows anything about this guy or is it more likely he's been signed on the recommendation of one of his contacts/agent chums.

Hope relegation fodder at Vanarama level is better than Scottish Championship level otherwise a double drop could be on the cards again.

'Still, like a lot of players at this level he was not perfect'

'Glad he’s gone, definitely part of the problem rather than a potential solution.'

'No loss.'

'His defending won't be missed - that's for sure.'

'McGinty I could take or leave personally,esp after last season gobbing off to pop-side,he's well above his station,very average'

'For some the NLS is ready made for McGinty - its primarily route one 'hoof-ball' at its finest'

'If neither Davis nor McGinty didn't re-sign it wouldn't be the end of the world'

'Anyone else get frustrated with McGinty's inability to keep the ball on the deck?'

Edited June 19 by The Legend Blows