Ptfc Trust Update

elevenone

56 minutes ago, javeajag said:

Ah sophisticated management at its best .....

really old fashioned thinking here ....Treat players badly and they will respond 

The Natural Reaction of any Competitive Sportperson is to redouble the effort after getting beat - its not treating anyone badly - this is how you win competitions for any Sport 

7 minutes ago, Jordanhill Jag said:

The Natural Reaction of any Competitive Sportperson is to redouble the effort after getting beat - its not treating anyone badly - this is how you win competitions for any Sport 

This. Lambie got results @javeajag, more than you can say for Caldwell.

1 hour ago, Jordanhill Jag said:

Ok you have just generalized across the entire world of all sportspeople which by logical definition cannot and is not true .....the connection of this this to a training trip is nil

14 minutes ago, javeajag said:

Ok you have just generalized across the entire world of all sportspeople which by logical definition cannot and is not true .....the connection of this this to a training trip is nil

Ah right ok - jetting off to Tenerife - Relegation Zone - Scottish Championship - thats perfectly normal - rather  than Six Days working towards the Morton Game - but you are right everyone else is wrong - however my statement is correct - any Sportsperson redoubles there efforts if they dont they shouldn't be there    

On 3/22/2019 at 2:26 PM, Jordanhill Jag said:

Ok lets apply logic here - you would only go to a warmer climate if the training conditions you have are prohibitive - or alternatively train at Altitude  if you are an Athlete - but neither of those apply - you are taking out two days of your training regime to travel - then training in  High Temperatures which Sap Energy  and add to dehydration  - Im not saying its a piss up - but there is no advantage on any level to going to Tenerife to train at this stage of the Season  that I can see - but maybe GC has a cunning Plan maybe they are going on manouvres with the SAS - who knows - maybe they are building the New Training  Ground there 

It’s raining there today tomorrow and Tuesday with temperatures of 18 to 21.

They probably won’t lose any days training as they wouldnt usually train on Saturday anyway. Swap out training on Sunday instead of Wednesday or Thursday. However travelling 10+ hours won’t help.

6 minutes ago, Jordanhill Jag said:

Ah right ok - jetting off to Tenerife - Relegation Zone - Scottish Championship - thats perfectly normal - rather  than Six Days working towards the Morton Game - but you are right everyone else is wrong - however my statement is correct - any Sportsperson redoubles there efforts if they dont they shouldn't be there    

I’m perfectly relaxed if they want to go to Tenerife .....your sports people redoubling effort point I just don’t get the connection to going on a training trip

clearly your in the always punish failure and if you don’t it will only encourage more failure camp 

18 minutes ago, javeajag said:

I’m perfectly relaxed if they want to go to Tenerife .....your sports people redoubling effort point I just don’t get the connection to going on a training trip

clearly your in the always punish failure and if you don’t it will only encourage more failure camp 

And your in the putting in extra training to improve is  punishment camp - as Ive said its the norm - if thats not built into your DNA as a Sportsperson - go find another job - as for Tenerife - I think the majority of fans see it as a complete waste of money and some would argue actually reducing the time spent training - but Gary Caldwell and our Board have it under Control - nothing to see hear - just like the Training Ground its all going fine - why are we asking annoying questions  

28 minutes ago, Jordanhill Jag said:

And your in the putting in extra training to improve is  punishment camp - as Ive said its the norm - if thats not built into your DNA as a Sportsperson - go find another job - as for Tenerife - I think the majority of fans see it as a complete waste of money and some would argue actually reducing the time spent training - but Gary Caldwell and our Board have it under Control - nothing to see hear - just like the Training Ground its all going fine - why are we asking annoying questions  

If it’s the norm I’m happy to be different

the majority of fans equals your opinion 

always negative 

On 3/23/2019 at 12:44 PM, jagfox said:

I don't know why we kept so many non-playing jobs on after we got relegated, tbh. Maybe if the players knew they were playing to save other people's jobs, not just their own they'd put that little bit extra into training and match day performances?

Do we know for sure where the money is coming from anyway? Could be a rich benefactor being generous rather than coming out of the club's budget.

Another spin of the dice but based on last night we need to try anything we can.

The players sadly don’t seem interested about the risk to the non playing staff jobs. Very similar to the playoffs last year where potentially they had 2 games to help the staff and barely looked interested 

1 hour ago, Third Lanark said:

The players sadly don’t seem interested about the risk to the non playing staff jobs. Very similar to the playoffs last year where potentially they had 2 games to help the staff and barely looked interested 

Think that's too much of a generalisation. Akin to the soundbite of management about a troubled workforce. There may have been a player or two indifferent to the non playing staff's welfare but unless you've the misfortune to personally know those ********* then imo that's misguided guesswork. 

Clubs get relegated/lose play offs every season. Someone has to. If avoiding those downturns in fortune was largely down to players attitudes then managing a football team would be a piece of cake.

9 hours ago, javeajag said:

How can extra training be a punishment for failure? It’s to get the players to wake the f*ck up and get us out of relegation danger.

12 hours ago, Jordanhill Jag said:

This is utter p1sh with the greatest of respect.

The age if self motivation died in the 90's. Can I assure you, as a former competitive sports person, motivation comes in different forms for different people and at different times. Your point, well intentioned as it mat be, is way too general.

Also it's their, not there. You got it right the second time. Along with here and hear it's  a common mistake:clapping:predictive text is a real bummer man

Edited by Guest

2 hours ago, javeajag said:

How does extra training do that for already fit players ?

Our players are not that fit. Perhaps fitter than those of last season and at the start under AA, but they still run out of puff towards the end of games.

There is still a real nervousness around the defence so perhaps a bonding trip will help?

4 hours ago, Thistleberight said:

This is utter p1sh with the greatest of respect.

The age if self motivation died in the 90's. Can I assure you, as a former competitive sports person, motivation comes in different forms for different people and at different times. Your point, well intentioned as it mat be, is way too general.

Also it's their, not there. You got it right the second time. Along with here and hear it's  a common mistake:clapping:predictive text is a real bummer man

Wow just Wow - I will let Laura Muir Know that next time I pass her when Im running along Maryhill Road and she is battering in a Speed Session in between Shifts at the Vet Hospital in Garscube Estate - If you dont have self motivation you are not a Competitive Sportsperson - you are kidding yourself on ( like a lot of our Players tbh ) they should go find a job as they arent really interested in a Career in Football  

• Haha 1

24 minutes ago, Jordanhill Jag said:

Wow just Wow - I will let Laura Muir Know that next time I pass her when Im running along Maryhill Road and she is battering in a Speed Session in between Shifts at the Vet Hospital in Garscube Estate - If you dont have self motivation you are not a Competitive Sportsperson - you are kidding yourself on ( like a lot of our Players tbh ) they should go find a job as they arent really interested in a Career in Football  

I presume that you "pass" Laura Muir going in the opposite direction, or else you could be the new Miles Storey.

16 hours ago, Jordanhill Jag said:

For those competing in Sport at a decent level its the Norm 

Not Negative - just comparing our reality to the Club Spin 

So they should'nt go on a training trip to Tenerife ( because really its just a piss up and will be seen as a reward for poor performances)

Instead, they should stay in Scotland and train in preparation for a Saturday game against Morton. But wait- all season they have been losing games/ putting in shite performances and in preparation of the next game they stay in Scotland and train in preparation for  the next game. It has not been working, so what makes you think it would work this time?

Going to Tenerife might not change anything, but it is something different and it just might.

12 hours ago, javeajag said:

How does extra training do that for already fit players ?

There are not that fit, as many have pointed out. They may have the ‘right character’ that Caldwell sought, but not the fitness. 

Just look at Harkins ;)