Caldwell’s Massive 7 Days

Paukea

The Chesterfield FC fans aren't surprised at his latest antics - Spireites Forum

A potpourri of some choice comments from the Chesterfield fans here - Boy were we warned.

j-lo.png.f48f836f5e3b167a0dab622246235922.png

But by far my favourite puff piece to revisit following Coco's appointment is here - so many cringeworthy J-Low quotes to choose from.

1129747536_wearechris75.png.8f58c6e2b5a09b57167cd7cc7e775d96.png

Coco the Clown is a freeloading charlatan and needs to go after we win / stay up this Saturday. Archie despite his faults had heart and loved our club.

The sense of disconnect now between the club and the fans is palpable.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Semi Nurainen said:

To quote Mandy Rice-Davis (or was it Christine Keeler) in the Profumo scandal, 'yes, well he would say that, wouldn't he?'

And, for the record, there were at least 8 voices around me in the JLS baying for Caldwell's blood at 1650 on Saturday.

Straw poll on here right now?  Caldo would get slaughtered.

This, this, this. 

2 hours ago, sandy said:

The true test of any bonding will come on Saturday.

If we ran a straw poll on here, it would be more than 8 who want Caldwell out. But the number of active GC supporters on here is less than 8. ;)

I have posted some amount of shite on these forums but you really take the biscuit 

If we go down he has to go, there may well be a very valid case of he should go even if we stay up. I wanted McCall though thought I would give Caldwell a chance- by Christmas time I was swinging as many were towards him going- things picked up in January. 

However what happens fans were at least willing to give him a chance- the exception being you

from day one you seem to have been hounding him on the forum- can’t decide whether you hate him so much or if it just happened because he replaced your pal Archie but you have pounced on anything said by him or the slightest utterance like a man possessed 

your hypocrisy is incredible- you slag off his signings yet they are no worse than the ones you defended from his predecessor  over the summer.  You had no problem with the east fife defeat in the challenge cup as it meant concentrating on the league. Yet Caldwell’s team draw 0-0 against the same team at halftime and it’s not good enough.

you praised Archie for signing Adam Barton when he got player of the year but Caldwell can’t get any praise for Skippy - extraordinary 

you tell plenty of fans to chill out yet when Dundee United equalised against us you were calling for his head but only a few minutes later we won - perhaps you should have chilled out as you tell everyone else 

i know you haven’t been well in last year or so and I’m genuinely sorry but how does coming on here espousing an obsession ofalmost hatred for him and berating the guy almost every day since he joined really help your health?

If he goes he goes and will likely have deserved it but il not be jumping for joy because someone got sacked - but you come across as someone who would revel in it. In fact your pretty much doing it with the events of this week rather than getting behind the team for by far the biggest game of the season 

hate the man who harms you or your family but Caldwell really? He might be a right clown at times but worthy of hatred I don’t think so? 

• Like 1

5 hours ago, AndyMac said:

So to sum up:

You believe that someone can be a bad leader and a good manager at the same time.

Fair play to you Javeajag, each to their own.

We will have to agree to differ on this one :)

Interestingly I never said that .....

so to be clear management and leadership are different things 

if you google the Differences between management and leadership you will see what I mean 

37 minutes ago, Third Lanark said:

I have posted some amount of shite on these forums but you really take the biscuit 

If we go down he has to go, there may well be a very valid case of he should go even if we stay up. I wanted McCall though thought I would give Caldwell a chance- by Christmas time I was swinging as many were towards him going- things picked up in January. 

However what happens fans were at least willing to give him a chance- the exception being you

from day one you seem to have been hounding him on the forum- can’t decide whether you hate him so much or if it just happened because he replaced your pal Archie but you have pounced on anything said by him or the slightest utterance like a man possessed 

your hypocrisy is incredible- you slag off his signings yet they are no worse than the ones you defended from his predecessor  over the summer.  You had no problem with the east fife defeat in the challenge cup as it meant concentrating on the league. Yet Caldwell’s team draw 0-0 against the same team at halftime and it’s not good enough.

you praised Archie for signing Adam Barton when he got player of the year but Caldwell can’t get any praise for Skippy - extraordinary 

you tell plenty of fans to chill out yet when Dundee United equalised against us you were calling for his head but only a few minutes later we won - perhaps you should have chilled out as you tell everyone else 

i know you haven’t been well in last year or so and I’m genuinely sorry but how does coming on here espousing an obsession ofalmost hatred for him and berating the guy almost every day since he joined really help your health?

If he goes he goes and will likely have deserved it but il not be jumping for joy because someone got sacked - but you come across as someone who would revel in it. In fact your pretty much doing it with the events of this week rather than getting behind the team for by far the biggest game of the season 

hate the man who harms you or your family but Caldwell really? He might be a right clown at times but worthy of hatred I don’t think so? 

Spot on

It’s like hes gone from Archie can do no wrong to Caldwell can do no right 

2 minutes ago, javeajag said:

Spot on

It’s like hes gone from Archie can do no wrong to Caldwell can do no right 

Oh @javeajag, you are just as presumptious. Such an over generalisation.

But hey, let’s ignore the fact that Archie got us up in 2013 and kept is there for 5 years. He wasn’t perfect but he achieved more than GC has for the Jags.

Still, carry on if you want denying that we have not met the Boards objectives set to Caldwell when he convinced them through his PowerPoint slides that he had dossiers on all the players and could deliver.

Edited by sandy

14 minutes ago, sandy said:

Oh @javeajag, you are just as presumptious. Such an over generalisation.

But hey, let’s ignore the fact that Archie got us up in 2013 and kept is there for 5 years. He wasn’t perfect but he achieved more than GC has for the Jags.

Still, carry on if you want denying that we have not met the Boards objectives set to Caldwell when he convinced them through his PowerPoint slides that he had dossiers on all the players and could deliver.

Archie is the reason we are where we are today......so defend keeping him after he got us relegated and give us your appraisal of the squad he assembled in the summer because you always avoid doing so ....I dare you 

Edited by javeajag

5 minutes ago, javeajag said:

Archie is the reason we are where we are today......so defend keeping him after he got us relegated and give us your appraisal of the squad he assembled in the summer because you always avoid doing so ....I dare you 

Archie is part of the reason but he left last October and his time was up as you quite rightly said .

Caldwell starts most games with 7 or 8 of Archie’s squad supplemented with Anderson, McMillan, McDonald or  Cardle so it’s wrong to blame just Archibald for the mess we’re in , a lot of it is to with Caldwell’s philosophy on football but it’s sterile football, possession football with no end product.

Out of the Jan signings I would keep only Cardle and McDonald maybe Saunders 

The rest Mansell , Roy , Anderson, McMillan, Harkins and Hazard  aren’t much of a step up for what we want to achieve as the league table shows .

4 hours ago, javeajag said:

Agreed that Archie took us down and assembled a meh squad. But, a squad, who even I thought would be comfortable in mid table even before Archie got the boot. Admittedly the league is so tight, but it is a poor league. 

But to say that we are in the position we are now purely because of Archie is ludicrous.  He left a few games into the season, whilst Caldwell has had plenty of time to get this squad in a more comfortable position, not the real danger we are now. The board gave him 'substantial' funds to build on in January. He certainly brought in a few players, but the likes of Harkins, Roy, Mansell and now possibly Anderson are proving suspect signings. 

He hasn't performed as he intimated to the board. Archie was at the end of his time as manager of Partick Thistle and needed to move on. Caldwell though has proved inept at this management game. He has history of it. He was the wrong appointment and results and actions have proved it so. As I have previously said if we stay up he still needs to go. We aren't expecting a manager of Klopp or Pottechino standards, but we do deserve better.

• Like 2

3 hours ago, Garscube Road End said:

Agreed that Archie took us down and assembled a meh squad. But, a squad, who even I thought would be comfortable in mid table even before Archie got the boot. Admittedly the league is so tight, but it is a poor league. 

But to say that we are in the position we are now purely because of Archie is ludicrous.  He left a few games into the season, whilst Caldwell has had plenty of time to get this squad in a more comfortable position, not the real danger we are now. The board gave him 'substantial' funds to build on in January. He certainly brought in a few players, but the likes of Harkins, Roy, Mansell and now possibly Anderson are proving suspect signings. 

He hasn't performed as he intimated to the board. Archie was at the end of his time as manager of Partick Thistle and needed to move on. Caldwell though has proved inept at this management game. He has history of it. He was the wrong appointment and results and actions have proved it so. As I have previously said if we stay up he still needs to go. We aren't expecting a manager of Klopp or Pottechino standards, but we do deserve better.

We wouldn’t be discussing Caldwell if it wasn’t for Archie and the Board 

11 hours ago, Semi Nurainen said:

To quote Mandy Rice-Davis (or was it Christine Keeler) in the Profumo scandal, 'yes, well he would say that, wouldn't he?'

And, for the record, there were at least 8 voices around me in the JLS baying for Caldwell's blood at 1650 on Saturday.

Straw poll on here right now?  Caldo would get slaughtered.

Well around me people were too depressed by the result to do nothing but trudge out. Maybe you draw the discontented and irate fringe to you, like a moth to a flame?

On point again GRE. A reasoned and respectful assessment. Speculation is part of the fun on forums, and anything goes but we will never ever know where we would be if AA stayed, nor will we ever know where we would be if we had appointed McIntyre or enticed McCall. What we do know is that, despite his best efforts, Caldwell has, to date, been a failure. Even if we stay up it has to be marked as a failure, relief but still a failure

11 hours ago, Sinistar said:

The Chesterfield FC fans aren't surprised at his latest antics - Spireites Forum

A potpourri of some choice comments from the Chesterfield fans here - Boy were we warned.

j-lo.png.f48f836f5e3b167a0dab622246235922.png

But by far my favourite puff piece to revisit following Coco's appointment is here - so many cringeworthy J-Low quotes to choose from.

1129747536_wearechris75.png.8f58c6e2b5a09b57167cd7cc7e775d96.png

Coco the Clown is a freeloading charlatan and needs to go after we win / stay up this Saturday. Archie despite his faults had heart and loved our club.

The sense of disconnect now between the club and the fans is palpable.

There's a lot of people being "blown away" on these links. I thought I'd strayed onto the dark web:shok:

8 hours ago, jlsarmy said:

Caldwell starts most games with 7 or 8 of Archie’s squad supplemented with Anderson, McMillan, McDonald or  Cardle so it’s wrong to blame just Archibald for the mess we’re in , a lot of it is to with Caldwell’s philosophy on football but it’s sterile football, possession football with no end product.

This.

I think Javeajag hasn’t realised I’m not defending Archie; I’m simply saying his replacement is worse!

• Like 1

39 minutes ago, javeajag said:

We wouldn’t be discussing Caldwell if it wasn’t for Archie and the Board 

We would be discussing Caldwell because he has failed to deliver, even with signing his own players. 

Wise words @Garscube Road End

36 minutes ago, dl1971 said:

Well around me people were too depressed by the result to do nothing but trudge out. Maybe you draw the discontented and irate fringe to you, like a moth to a flame?

That's right, we got pumped at home by, fighting for our survival against a team with nothing to play for, and half its best squad out of the running.  And people just 'trudged out', nobody, not one single person, said a single word against Caldo. What an utter fantasy world you live in.

Like the other Caldwell deniers.

Some gems from the Spirites: they will make chilling reading:

... that was the season he crippled us and set us up for losing our league status. Perhaps the Partick owner forgot to ask him what happened after losing our L1 status.

Partick Thistle have now removed the comment about him not being backed after being provided with the facts from this end.

His tenure in the Championship at Wigan was deemed a failure by his boss, and many of their fans, hence his sacking after 14 games.

One of the worst managers Town have had with some shocking player recruitment. Good luck to Partick Thistle, they'll need it."

"It looks as though they are following the Chesterfield FC model of due diligence before making key decisions."

Gary Caldwell terrible Manager. Actually should never work in a Football again. Good luck Partick you will need it."

The outstanding moment for me that encapsulated Caldwell's abysmal failure, was when he said to one of his assistants, "You don't have faith in what I'm trying to do. The reply was something along the lines of, "3 wins out of thirty, you bet I ******* don't.” (five stars for this one)

As for Caldwell, what a chancer. I'm surprised to see him get a chance at a club as big as Partick- thought it might be Albion or Annan for him. Ten years ago I watched the Jags for the only time and the crowd turned on their manager in style with 'Campbell, Get Tae F**k' chanted over and over. It might not be long before Caldwell gets the same."

Caldwell didn't come across as a motivator so it will be interesting to see how PT fare with the existing squad.

Spent some time with an ex Town player in the week who said how bad Caldwell was - cold with players and disconnected with the people around the club completely. Was very very disliked at Wigan by his fellow team mates.

3 wins in his last 31 games. That’s a phenomenal record by any standard. A More fool them for being taken in by his interview preparation/bulls5it.

Maybe we can have a pre season double header against them next season, playing for the 'Victims of Caldwell' Trophy.

...... and apparently he's now talking about the January window. Stand by for a bunch of kids and wasters on their way down. Some may even stay and complete their six month contracts. Others, like what happened, here, may decide they don't want to play for him and not turn up for training and disappear. Those that do play, may complain they've been asked to head a ball. Won at Wigan with the biggest budget in the league. Failed at Chesterfield with another decent budget.

Feel sympathy for them, anyone who doesn't support the Old Firm are ok by me.

They should have listened to us and we should have listened Wigan fans before we gave him the benefit of doubt.

He’s done to them what he did to us, twice.

Took us to rock bottom of the division."

The man is an absolute charlatan and ought to be ashamed of himself.

---

This is the man who signed Lewis Mansell who hasn’t scored a single senior league goal in three seasons! A incredible signing feat, just short of Petershill singing the goalkeeper with the wooden leg.

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, Semi Nurainen said:

That's right, we got pumped at home by, fighting for our survival against a team with nothing to play for, and half its best squad out of the running.  And people just 'trudged out', nobody, not one single person, said a single word against Caldo. What an utter fantasy world you live in.

Like the other Caldwell deniers.

Nobody was baying for his blood. People were unhappy. But no one was foaming at the mouth. That was my experience. As i have said repeatedly that mood will change if the worst happens. 

• admin locked this topic