Role of Supporters Trust in any Takeover

Jordanhill Jag

7 minutes ago, Norgethistle said:

The issue is they’re chasing a champions league group spot, plus being Rangers (or Celtic) players automatically ask for way more money.

How much would it cost to get 3rd and a UEFA league place? 

Well I guess £12-20m to have more revenue than Aberdeen, hibs or hearts .....just not going to happen 

2 minutes ago, javeajag said:

Well I guess £12-20m to have more revenue than Aberdeen, hibs or hearts .....just not going to happen 

Aberdeen is £8 million, Hibs and Hearts significantly less.

Now if we were to compliment decent signings with good loans from the owners other club then it’s achievable for way less. 

Just now, Norgethistle said:

Perhaps do the Rosenborg model.

They realized in 1989 that the Champions league was coming in and making group stages meant a minimum of £10 million in income. Average Norwegian spend on transfers and wages etc was £1 million then, they speculated to get funding based on that income and spent £5 million to walk the league, and they did. Spent half the profit next few seasons and made the Champions league each year again making massive profit.

How much would it take a decent manager to break the OF monopoly and quality for Champions League?  Obviously it’s way more difficult now as you don’t automatically go into the group stages where the cash is, but making Europa League gets you £2.9 million plus £570k per win or £100k per point, plus advertising and sponsorship. How much would that cost to achieve and get a return on investment plus put good young players in the shop window 

If this is their idea that would only be good for Thistle. But I think it would be quicker and easier for them to do it with a team already in the Premier league, or even a team already in Europe, like Kilmarnock or Aberdeen. This might be what the new owner of Hibs is looking at.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Norgethistle said:

Now if we were to compliment decent signings with good loans from the owners other club then it’s achievable for way less. 

Difficult to imagine.....but bring it on, assuming any new owners don't bankrupt us!

6 minutes ago, Jordanhill Jag said:

Rangers Player Budget is £16 MN - Celtic £42 MN 

Don’t think it’s going to happen but it’s not as far fetched as you would believe, St Johnstone finished 3rd in 2013 , Motherwell played in the Champions League qualifiers in 2012 and obviously Kilmarnock finished 3rd last year.

I don’t think any of these teams are too far removed from where we could be at .

• Like 1

41 minutes ago, Norgethistle said:

Is there still a limit to how many players a club can get on loan from a team in England? I think it used to be 3 or 4

9 minutes ago, Third Lanark said:

Is there still a limit to how many players a club can get on loan from a team in England? I think it used to be 3 or 4

At the moment you can have as many temporary transfers from England as you like. The only restrictions for temporary transfers is between Scottish clubs.

2 hours ago, javeajag said:

Ok ....explain how they will make money out of us ?

Ok, accepting that there is no easy way to make money out of us (I'm not buying the Europa league stuff, reckon it would cost a fortune and guarantee nothing), what is your concept for the "football reasons" that they'd want to buy us for.

Apologies if you've explained already, I may have missed it.

1 minute ago, allyo said:

Ok, accepting that there is no easy way to make money out of us (I'm not buying the Europa league stuff, reckon it would cost a fortune and guarantee nothing), what is your concept for the "football reasons" that they'd want to buy us for.

Apologies if you've explained already, I may have missed it.

I think it’s to develop players  for their other clubs , to develop players for sale via the academy and to develop players as assets to sell and use us to develop players from their other clubs  

1 minute ago, javeajag said:

I think it’s to develop players  for their other clubs , to develop players for sale via the academy and to develop players as assets to sell and use us to develop players from their other clubs  

Okay. Makes sense.

and would you be happy for this to happen?

2 minutes ago, javeajag said:

If there was general investment in the club to progress as well then yes .....but we need to know their plans 

Yeah ok.

Repeating myself but I'd have a fundamental objection to us being used as part of a wider chain.

But I agree that we need to know more before we can judge.

20 minutes ago, scotty said:

Interesting as much for what it doesn’t say as anything else......

that they are not involved in the takeover discussions - again not denied - is not surprising as you wouldnt expect them  to be at this stage but the lack of comment on it was deafening imo and very revealing

ihave emailed them to ask if they are aware that such discussions are taking place as we as supporters would expect them to ask such a basis question 

11 minutes ago, javeajag said:

Interesting as much for what it doesn’t say as anything else......

that they are not involved in the takeover discussions - again not denied - is not surprising as you wouldnt expect them  to be at this stage but the lack of comment on it was deafening imo and very revealing

ihave emailed them to ask if they are aware that such discussions are taking place as we as supporters would expect them to ask such a basis question 

"very revealing" what? And of course they are aware that there are rumours of discussions taking place by saying they are not involved, that is exactly what they said. What more do you want them to say FFS?

Edited by scotty

1 minute ago, scotty said:

"very revealing" what?

Ok......always look for what’s not said as much as what is ....

have they asked for a meeting to find out what’s going on ? If not why not ?

do they know if discussions are taking place ? If yes or no why not say ?

have they called the chairman or ceo to have a chat? They must talk surely ?

have they expressed fans concerns to the board ? A basic  responsibility no?

its supposed to be a supporters trust but we know it isn’t 

As I said in an earlier post. There has been nothing but conjecture, both on here and other social media channels and echoed in the mainstream media. The parties who do matter, the shareholders and potential buyers have not said one word. So to insist that groups and individuals not involved who are no doubt in the dark as much as ordinary fans is a pretty pointless exercise.

5 minutes ago, scotty said:

As I said in an earlier post. There has been nothing but conjecture, both on here and other social media channels and echoed in the mainstream media. The parties who do matter, the shareholders and potential buyers have not said one word. So to insist that groups and individuals not involved who are no doubt in the dark as much as ordinary fans is a pretty pointless exercise.

The supporters trust and supporters don’t matter ?! Amazing 

I only asked that they

clarify if they know discussions are underway, you might not want to know I do

gave they spoken to anyone would you not expect that 

represent fan consents isn’t that one of the roles

are you connected to the club ?

15 minutes ago, javeajag said:

As the trust cannot vote against the board nor has a seat at the top table it’s a lame duck

2 minutes ago, Norgethistle said:

As the trust cannot vote against the board nor has a seat at the top table it’s a lame duck

I agree as demonstrated by all the things they haven’t done

any other trust would have called a fans meeting by now or done something !

• Like 1

15 minutes ago, javeajag said:

Sorry, my previous post was before I saw this.

Asked who for a meeting?

They will know that there are rumours of discussions but as they are not part of any meetings how can they KNOW?

The chair and CEO are part of the trust, Do you want them to call themselves?

As three of the Trust are board members, then my guess would be that they have.

I fully agree with the final part of your post but until more fans are willing to get involved with both trusts, then this well may continue.