Jump to content

Sign in to follow this  
Weebaw1

League Cup

Recommended Posts

Just now, Lenziejag said:

Did the report say that the Forfar squad were all self isolating ? If not why the need to cancel the game ?

I think they now need to get the rest of the squad tested.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Article here

The Forfar Vice-Chair suggests that they were expected to give a guarantee to the SPFL that none of their players have Coronavirus. This is, of course, impossible, even for a regularly tested Premiership team.  A negative test result only indicates the absence of disease at the moment of testing.

All games should be declared a 3 - 3 draw and we proceed immediately to a virtual, endless loop penalty shoot out in the final between Falkirk and Dundee. "It's still 3 - 3 here at Hampden". Well played Doncaster, £380,000 on an endless loop.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
17 minutes ago, Lenziejag said:

Did the report say that the Forfar squad were all self isolating ? If not why the need to cancel the game ?

The Forfar chair said that they couldn't guarantee the rest of the squad was covid free. There's not been enough time for track and trace to do its job.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
58 minutes ago, Auld Jag said:

I can see the league season turning into a farce, with multiple call offs at short notice.

Absolutely. Never understood the rush to end last season and didn't understand the rush to start this season. Every day that passes make the decisions of Doncaster et al seem more short sighted and stupid.

Zero sympathy or compassion for Kilmarnock and Forfar as they had none for us. However you can be sure that should a player from one of the 2 cheeks catch this their game will not be awarded to the opposition because it will be deemed that it would not be for the good of the game or some other nonsense.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 minutes ago, laukat said:

Absolutely. Never understood the rush to end last season and didn't understand the rush to start this season. Every day that passes make the decisions of Doncaster et al seem more short sighted and stupid.

Zero sympathy or compassion for Kilmarnock and Forfar as they had none for us. However you can be sure that should a player from one of the 2 cheeks catch this their game will not be awarded to the opposition because it will be deemed that it would not be for the good of the game or some other nonsense.

This is going to get ridiculous, especially at our level with part time players possibly having a couple of jobs to earn their living and therefore not in any “ bubble “

We’re going to get League games called off as well in the Lower Leagues . It’s also going from the sublime to the ridiculous not even letting football players have a shower after the game .

Our Chairmen should be dictating to Doncaster and Co , not the other way around.

Doncaster is employed by the SPFL clubs and I would imagine his salary is pulled from Sponsorship, Tv rights etc , it’s time for the other Clubs outwith the Premiership to actually take control and actually direct him.

It’s an absolute nonsense to even consider trying to play a football season at our level which is now restricted in games with no supporters any time soon.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
45 minutes ago, scotty said:

The Forfar chair said that they couldn't guarantee the rest of the squad was covid free. There's not been enough time for track and trace to do its job.

Can Dundee ?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, Lenziejag said:

Can Dundee ?

No, but it was a Forfar player who tested positive. Sensible move from them. I'm sure Dundee would have been as open and honest.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
58 minutes ago, laukat said:

Absolutely. Never understood the rush to end last season and didn't understand the rush to start this season. Every day that passes make the decisions of Doncaster et al seem more short sighted and stupid.

Zero sympathy or compassion for Kilmarnock and Forfar as they had none for us. However you can be sure that should a player from one of the 2 cheeks catch this their game will not be awarded to the opposition because it will be deemed that it would not be for the good of the game or some other nonsense.

The rush to end last season, give Celtic 9 in a row. Rush to start this season, Sky contract, Celtic to win 10 in a row. Agree have no sympathy for any team.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
10 minutes ago, scotty said:

No, but it was a Forfar player who tested positive. Sensible move from them. I'm sure Dundee would have been as open and honest.

What happens if a Dundee player starts having symptoms tonight ? 

This decision is going to put players off going for a test until after a game or worse still clubs putting pressure on players not to get tested.  

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Auld Jag said:

I think they now need to get the rest of the squad tested.

Is that a special concession for lower league players ? Aren’t the general rules that you self isolate for 14 days if you are a “close contact” if someone who has tested positive ?

 

Edited by Lenziejag

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
11 minutes ago, Lenziejag said:

Is that a special concession for lower league players ? Aren’t the general rules that you self isolate for 14 days if you are a “close contact” if someone who has tested positive ?

 

They were due to play Hibs next week and because of this their players were to be tested on Thursday.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
19 minutes ago, Auld Jag said:

They were due to play Hibs next week and because of this their players were to be tested on Thursday.

Getting tested on Thursday for a game the following Tuesday ? 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

agree with other posters that no sympathy for the devil(s) but it's similar to what happened to Yeovil down south.

so now there's an outside chance that a team could  win their qualifying group and get to the final/win the tournament without kicking a ball - all for the good of the game :loco:

I would also hope that there are stringent checks & balances in place to prevent unscrupulous teams (no names) burying positive results and going ahead with games to prevent a 3-0 loss. 

Edited by gianlucatoni

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Not League cup related, but how many players need to test positive before games are postponed ?

Aberdeen had 8, Celtic 1 with Bolingoli but no mention of postponement with Edouard ? 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Lenziejag said:

Not League cup related, but how many players need to test positive before games are postponed ?

Aberdeen had 8, Celtic 1 with Bolingoli but no mention of postponement with Edouard ? 

Celtic can still put out a team that have had negative tests. Forfar couldn't do that in the time available before the game. (Not sure of Killy situation and whether they could still have found a team, even if not competitive). Also, as Edouard is currently in France, he is not in contact with other team mates.

Edited by Dick Dastardly

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Lenziejag said:

Not League cup related, but how many players need to test positive before games are postponed ?

Aberdeen had 8, Celtic 1 with Bolingoli but no mention of postponement with Edouard ? 

I think your question becomes redundant if you're willing to accept the premise that the SPFL make it up as they go along.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
30 minutes ago, Dick Dastardly said:

Celtic can still put out a team that have had negative tests. Forfar couldn't do that in the time available before the game. (Not sure of Killy situation and whether they could still have found a team, even if not competitive). Also, as Edouard is currently in France, he is not in contact with other team mates.

However, the counter to that is Tierney and Christie need to self isolate for 14 days after Armstrong tested positive.  

Eduard played on Sunday for Celtic and got a positive test result on Tuesday. The virus incubation period is up to 14 days. It is probable he had the virus on Sunday. 

If he was a normal punter everyone he had close contact with in the last few days should be self isolating.
 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

With less than 24 hours to ko against Dunfermline, Kilmarnock still don't know if they will be able to field a team and may need to  forfeit again. Imo if they don't  play they should be kicked out of the league cup and any prize money also forfeited.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Kilmarnock now saying they will play the game. They have 5 fit first team players, the rest of the team will be made up of under 18 players. They have also had a request to delay Saturday's league game turned down by Livingston.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
9 hours ago, Auld Jag said:

Kilmarnock now saying they will play the game. They have 5 fit first team players, the rest of the team will be made up of under 18 players. They have also had a request to delay Saturday's league game turned down by Livingston.

Are they now past the 14 day self isolation period ?

Regarding their league game, it seems a bit unfair that Aberdeen and Celtic had their games postponed, but Kilmarnock having to play.

SPFL at its consistent best again.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Loading...
Sign in to follow this  

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

×