Fake Thistle v Real Thistle

Albert's Ghost

4 hours ago, Aliballibee said:

I see McCall has publicly apologised for his comments towards the referee:

https://www.footballscotland.co.uk/spfl/ian-mccall-referee-apology-partick-25214704

He got interviewed minutes after the game ended and still upset about the decisions made. Thought about what he said and admitted he was wrong to say them, good for him.

• Like 3

9 hours ago, dl1971 said:

Pot and kettle 

When he says it was almost bullying that is an embarrassment and down right disgusting behaviour. Any other line of reputable work would deal with that in the most serious way. But your love in with him seems to condone that.

We are turning into a horrible little club. With our corrupt arrogant board and their Trust patsies, completely ignoring the fans and a bullying dinosaur of a football manager.

And a few on Thistle forums who turn a blind eye to it all.

Edited by Garscube Road End 2
  • Like 1

My view is that too many immediate post match interviews with McCall are a tad cringy. His regular "in truth on another day we could've have scored 6-10 goals" particularly cringeworthy. At the same time nobody should get too rattled with any manager's after game rants. McCall has a tendency to be too open in interviews etc. That of course can sometimes be a refreshing trait. Fans who have met him will no doubt agree he's very willing to talk Thistle with them, often straying into revealing things he maybe shouldn't. That's not always a bad thing, just part of his character.

On this specific McCall overstepped the mark. He realised that and apologised. Many a more arrogant manager wouldn't have done so.

Edited by lady-isobel-barnett
  • Like 1

8 hours ago, Garscube Road End 2 said:

When he says it was almost bullying that is an embarrassment and down right disgusting behaviour. Any other line of reputable work would deal with that in the most serious way. But your love in with him seems to condone that.

We are turning into a horrible little club. With our corrupt arrogant board and their Trust patsies, completely ignoring the fans and a bullying dinosaur of a football manager.

And a few on Thistle forums who turn a blind eye to it all.

Would it nor be easier for you to create a voodoo doll of the manager and stick pins in it when the mood strikes you? Perhaps you already have.  Would spare the forum from wholly predictable vindictive ramblings and hysterical negativity to all PTFC ( including the team performance ).  Some might even call it symptomatic of bullying...

10 minutes ago, dl1971 said:

Would it nor be easier for you to create a voodoo doll of the manager and stick pins in it when the mood strikes you? Perhaps you already have.  Would spare the forum from wholly predictable vindictive ramblings and hysterical negativity to all PTFC ( including the team performance ).  Some might even call it symptomatic of bullying...

So you don't  condone McCall admitting bullying? Not one word of condemnation from yourself?  Nice deflection from you though.

3 minutes ago, Garscube Road End 2 said:

So you don't  condone McCall admitting bullying? Not one word of condemnation from yourself?  Nice deflection from you though.

He shouldn't have said it but he was man enough to apologise. Let's all remember fans on forums ( including you ) seem to think it's OK to castigate a manager or player ( which is still bullying) repeatedly and maliciously, yet seem obvious to the fact that is ahem bullying. Deflect that. 

3 minutes ago, dl1971 said:

He shouldn't have said it but he was man enough to apologise. Let's all remember fans on forums ( including you ) seem to think it's OK to castigate a manager or player ( which is still bullying) repeatedly and maliciously, yet seem obvious to the fact that is ahem bullying. Deflect that. 

Castigation is a reprimand, not bullying. Offering an opinion of a performance of an individual in criticism is not bullying.

Malicious means intention to do harm. An opinion of criticism is not malicious.

The only deflection is coming from yourself.

If you chose to use the words you are using, then educate yourself of their meaning.

21 hours ago, Aliballibee said:

I see McCall has publicly apologised for his comments towards the referee:

https://www.footballscotland.co.uk/spfl/ian-mccall-referee-apology-partick-25214704

Haha, I love his "apology," in which he states perfectly clearly to everybody again that the ref made two absolutely howling mistakes. 

ETA: If strong (and in this case deserved) criticism is bullying, then shut down the forum!

Edited by Jaggernaut

But the ref didn't make any mistakes, at least in these 2 incidents. Both could quite legitimately been given either way. Neither of them were cast iron certainties. It is just unfortunate that we were on the wrong side of both decisions. It happens in football. McCall should get over it and should not have said what he did. 

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Garscube Road End 2 said:

Castigation is a reprimand, not bullying. Offering an opinion of a performance of an individual in criticism is not bullying.

Malicious means intention to do harm. An opinion of criticism is not malicious.

The only deflection is coming from yourself.

If you chose to use the words you are using, then educate yourself of their meaning.

Selective as usual. Acas definition of bullying is as follows. 

Although there is no legal definition of bullying, it can be described as unwanted behaviour from a person or group that is either:

• offensive, intimidating, malicious or insulting

You have made many comments that fall into at least three of those categories in terms of Mr McCall. Therefore you surely must owe him an apology. Your assertion that it is merely criticism is plainly wrong. Do you really think your so called criticism is fair, reasonable, balanced  and objective....? My barometer is this. Would you say to someone's face your view/opinion/criticism, that you post on social media? If not, maybe best to keep quiet and just get the voodoo doll out. 

47 minutes ago, dl1971 said:

Selective as usual. Acas definition of bullying is as follows. 

Although there is no legal definition of bullying, it can be described as unwanted behaviour from a person or group that is either:

• offensive, intimidating, malicious or insulting

You have made many comments that fall into at least three of those categories in terms of Mr McCall. Therefore you surely must owe him an apology. Your assertion that it is merely criticism is plainly wrong. Do you really think your so called criticism is fair, reasonable, balanced  and objective....? My barometer is this. Would you say to someone's face your view/opinion/criticism, that you post on social media? If not, maybe best to keep quiet and just get the voodoo doll out. 

No legal definition of bullying..... Answers your questions.  

It is indeed criticism of someone who admitted to bullying( which you appear to condone).

Fair, as in it is commenting on his own words.

Apology for stating facts from his own mouth?

Reasonable. In stating my criticism of the facts? Yes.

Objective. From his own words? Yes.

Balanced? Again in view of his own comments? Yes.

Voodoo doll? I shall  leave the dark arts to yourself, as you obviously have an interest in them.

And yes! I do say to people's face what I think. Its called honesty.

1 hour ago, Garscube Road End 2 said:

No legal definition of bullying..... Answers your questions.  

It is indeed criticism of someone who admitted to bullying( which you appear to condone).

Fair, as in it is commenting on his own words.

Apology for stating facts from his own mouth?

Reasonable. In stating my criticism of the facts? Yes.

Objective. From his own words? Yes.

Balanced? Again in view of his own comments? Yes.

Voodoo doll? I shall  leave the dark arts to yourself, as you obviously have an interest in them.

And yes! I do say to people's face what I think. Its called honesty.

Excellent. Get yourself down to firhill and chap on the managers door for some GRE honesty and Frank exchange of balanced views. Would pay good money to witness that. I think many on this forum would....raise some money for TJF :-)

18 minutes ago, dl1971 said:

Excellent. Get yourself down to firhill and chap on the managers door for some GRE honesty and Frank exchange of balanced views. Would pay good money to witness that. I think many on this forum would....raise some money for TJF :-)

Sounds good. Any money for TJF is good.

• Like 1

23 hours ago, Dick Dastardly said:

But the ref didn't make any mistakes, at least in these 2 incidents. Both could quite legitimately been given either way. Neither of them were cast iron certainties. It is just unfortunate that we were on the wrong side of both decisions. It happens in football. McCall should get over it and should not have said what he did. 

I disagree. Meek acceptance of "unfortunate" decisions could lead to  a train of events that could seriously impact on our chances of success.

23 minutes ago, Jaggernaut said:

I disagree. Meek acceptance of "unfortunate" decisions could lead to  a train of events that could seriously impact on our chances of success.

I don't have the level of antipathy towards McCall as some on this forum but I winced at his post match comments on the referee. From where I was sitting (albeit in front of the tv) he was far from the worst official we've experienced this season.

31 minutes ago, Jimbo said:

I don't have the level of antipathy towards McCall as some on this forum but I winced at his post match comments on the referee. From where I was sitting (albeit in front of the tv) he was far from the worst official we've experienced this season.

Well, maybe our manager should set an example to others by never saying anything about the referees' performances, including their sometimes inept comprehension of the rules of the game and their lack of any attempt to be fair and consistent.

But, somehow I don't think that would lead to any advantage whatsoever for PTFC.

ETA: I'm not looking for advantage; I'm simply looking for equality and consistency.

Edited by Jaggernaut

4 hours ago, Jaggernaut said:

Well, maybe our manager should set an example to others by never saying anything about the referees' performances, including their sometimes inept comprehension of the rules of the game and their lack of any attempt to be fair and consistent.

But, somehow I don't think that would lead to any advantage whatsoever for PTFC.

ETA: I'm not looking for advantage; I'm simply looking for equality and consistency.

Not sure why you are getting into such a lather about this Jaggernaut.

The Docherty incident has not been shown to be a certain penalty by any angle, and the Turner red card was justifiable given where his studs landed, irrespective of the absence of intent.

McCall's apology was correct on this occasion, in my view.