Holy Stockings

a f kincaid

Just googled this:   liked the last 5 words!!!

"Players generally cut holes in their socks in order to reduce pressure on the calf muscles, which are often restricted by the form-fitting, snug nature of the garment.

For players who have bulging leg muscles, socks can prove particularly restrictive, causing difficulties with effective bloodflow and circulation, as well as breathability.

Therefore, players will often move to cut up their socks, in order to remove the problem and help improve their game."

3 minutes ago, JAGSMAN1968 said:

Just googled this:   liked the last 5 words!!!

"Players generally cut holes in their socks in order to reduce pressure on the calf muscles, which are often restricted by the form-fitting, snug nature of the garment.

For players who have bulging leg muscles, socks can prove particularly restrictive, causing difficulties with effective bloodflow and circulation, as well as breathability.

Therefore, players will often move to cut up their socks, in order to remove the problem and help improve their game."

Looks like the trick hasn’t worked 

• Like 1

I asked this before (I think) and got no answer (I think): 

What is the purpose of the little garment that lots of players these wear under their jersey; it comes half-way down their chest, and actually looks like a bra for the flat-chested.

I can't figure out what it actually does.

Whatever it is, presumably it's a fad that will die out (a bit like those nasal strips that so many players were wearing in the 90s; now they are rare).

1 hour ago, Jaggernaut said:

What is the purpose of the little garment that lots of players these wear under their jersey; it comes half-way down their chest, and actually looks like a bra for the flat-chested.

Whatever it is, presumably it's a fad that will die out (a bit like those nasal strips that so many players were wearing in the 90s; now they are rare).

"The simple answer is: Yes, football players wear vests during training and games to track and measure their performance on the field. They are wearing a GPS vest that just happens to look like a sports bra."

That's a quote. Google is your friend...

4 hours ago, Jaggernaut said:

GPS tracker and also some have heart monitors in them.