Ayr v Thistle Tue 27th Feb

elevenone

2 hours ago, Jordanhill Jag said:

Ah of Course - here is the start of the "Save Dools the Legend " Campaign 

i've been reading and following all the posts re fan ownership and now this

ma heid is buzzin

JJ to make a posting  about  kris doolan is to me well ??

to question his commitment to the the jags is reallly unaceptable

Kris was given the managers job he accepted

we got to the playoffs last season 

this season without a much reduced budget we are still in the playoffs

let's get behind the team and the manager 

if this is not good enough for you well JJ move on

I am tired of all this negativity re my team 

and yes I've been a a jags supporter since the late 50's

• Like 3

9 minutes ago, watties wallies said:

i've been reading and following all the posts re fan ownership and now this

ma heid is buzzin

JJ to make a posting  about  kris doolan is to me well ??

to question his commitment to the the jags is reallly unaceptable

Kris was given the managers job he accepted

we got to the playoffs last season 

this season without a much reduced budget we are still in the playoffs

let's get behind the team and the manager 

if this is not good enough for you well JJ move on

I am tired of all this negativity re my team 

and yes I've been a a jags supporter since the late 50's

28 minutes ago, ChiThistle said:

I’ll just plug that all into the ChiThistle 3000 mainframe, press this button, read the result and…….

42?!?  Damn computer.

You put some Deep Thought into that. :getmecoat:

Must read those books again!

Edited by JAGSMAN1968
  • Haha 1

Just now, robphil said:

I outrank you by a few years having first attended estadio firhill in 1956. I am currently receiving treatment for cancer so I might never manage along again. But supporting thistle over the decades has been one of the great joys of my life. Like The Beatles, a nice Shiraz, playing in the snow with my weans and more recently grandweans. I have loved being a Jag and being surrounded by fellow jags at firhill. We might not have the best team in our history at the present time but, by god, they're MY team and I'm mighty proud of them...

• Like 23

6 minutes ago, robphil said:

I outrank you by a few years having first attended estadio firhill in 1956. I am currently receiving treatment for cancer so I might never manage along again. But supporting thistle over the decades has been one of the great joys of my life. Like The Beatles, a nice Shiraz, playing in the snow with my weans and more recently grandweans. I have loved being a Jag and being surrounded by fellow jags at firhill. We might not have the best team in our history at the present time but, by god, they're MY team and I'm mighty proud of them...

In o nutshell  robhill, supporting the  jags over the decades has been part of my life

so many great memories. so many disappointments

I wish you well big man

paul   aka watties wallies

3 hours ago, Jordanhill Jag said:

Exactly

one point off the play offs = a sacking 

simply disgraceful 

and the only conclusion that I can reach is because various people with influence didn't like him 

Give it a bloody rest please.

You're polluting every thread with this shite about your mate McCall.

The fact is he didn't deliver for Thistle. He ran out of road and credibility.

Please get over it.,

• Like 1

2 hours ago, robphil said:

Hi Rob 

Circa 20+ Years ago I worked for a large Multi National Company whose HQ was in England - The CEO who I had met couple of times found out I was a a Thistle Fan - he supported Spurs - knew nothing about Thistle 

You wrote an article about your 10 Favourite Stadiums - mentioning Firhill as one - I think you mentioned your dad in the article - The CEO was so impressed with your description of Firhill that he asked next time we had clients at Hospitality at Firhill could he come (and he did ) he went to Robert Reids pre match “ talk” in the Boardroom - these were the days whe Hospitalty was in the Aitkin Suite - he thought Robert was one of the funniest men he had ever heard - had a grew day and spoke about his visit for Years 

You did great work for the Jags Rob - take care of yourself amigo 

jim alexander 

• Like 1

23 minutes ago, Jordanhill Jag said:

Hi Rob 

Circa 20+ Years ago I worked for a large Multi National Company whose HQ was in England - The CEO who I had met couple of times found out I was a a Thistle Fan - he supported Spurs - knew nothing about Thistle 

You wrote an article about your 10 Favourite Stadiums - mentioning Firhill as one - I think you mentioned your dad in the article - The CEO was so impressed with your description of Firhill that he asked next time we had clients at Hospitality at Firhill could he come (and he did ) he went to Robert Reids pre match “ talk” in the Boardroom - these were the days whe Hospitalty was in the Aitkin Suite - he thought Robert was one of the funniest men he had ever heard - had a grew day and spoke about his visit for Years 

You did great work for the Jags Rob - take care of yourself amigo 

jim alexander 

Thank you, Jim. Your kind words have perked me up no end.....

• Like 1

16 hours ago, Norgethistle said:

Sorry you’re making this up now.

You have an agenda against certain board members and a big chip on your shoulder over your friend McCall getting let go last year. 

I’m off this thread as it’s pointless 

There's always the option of blocking somebody. I did it for one individual last year and since then my experience on this forum has been much more pleasant. I don't even know if he still posts!

21 minutes ago, Jaggernaut said:

There's always the option of blocking somebody. I did it for one individual last year and since then my experience on this forum has been much more pleasant. I don't even know if he still posts!

SigeSige01 hasn't posted for a while.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

20 hours ago, robphil said:

Thank you, Jim. Your kind words have perked me up no end.....

And, indeed many thanks to all the members of our jags' family who have added their support. Believe me, it means a lot...

On 2/29/2024 at 10:13 PM, robphil said:

All the best and i hope you manage back to see the Jags in person.

Like you and every other fan i have great memories and not so great memories following the Jags and although we didn't win yesterday it was great to see the team put in a much improved performance which was appreciated by the fans who created a very good atmosphere.

Haste you back to Firhill. :fan: :thumbsup2:

1 hour ago, Auld Jag said:

All the best and i hope you manage back to see the Jags in person.

Like you and every other fan i have great memories and not so great memories following the Jags and although we didn't win yesterday it was great to see the team put in a much improved performance which was appreciated by the fans who created a very good atmosphere.

Haste you back to Firhill. :fan: :thumbsup2:

MANY thanks everyone. Friends and family know to avoid the score all day then around 2pm on Sunday, I pour myself a generous gin and tonic and watch the Jags 'live' on jagzone. I WILL be back because I do miss the banter. Thanks again for all your good wishes

• Like 7