PFA Team of the Year

jaggy

https://www.thecourier.co.uk/fp/sport/football/dundee-united/4955111/dundee-united-pfa-scotland-championship-team-year/

Calum Ferrie (Queen’s Park); Jack McMillan (Partick Thistle), Kevin Holt (Dundee United), Scott McMann (Dundee United), Josh Edwards (Dunfermline); Adam Frizzell (Airdrieonians), Craig Sibbald (Dundee United), Sam Stanton (Raith Rovers); Brian Graham (Partick Thistle), Louis Moult (Dundee United), Ruari Paton (Queen’s Park)

it’s maybe just me but I don’t know why Ferrie seems to be rated so highly as that’s 2 years in a row he’s been selected

• Confused 1

2 hours ago, Lenziejag said:

Any links to the full team ?

Callum Ferrie 

Jack McMillan, Kevin Holt, Scott McMann, Josh Edwards

Adam Frizzell, Craig Sibbald, Sam Stanton

Louis Moult, Brian Graham, Ruari Paton

4 hours ago, jaggy said:

https://www.thecourier.co.uk/fp/sport/football/dundee-united/4955111/dundee-united-pfa-scotland-championship-team-year/

Calum Ferrie (Queen’s Park); Jack McMillan (Partick Thistle), Kevin Holt (Dundee United), Scott McMann (Dundee United), Josh Edwards (Dunfermline); Adam Frizzell (Airdrieonians), Craig Sibbald (Dundee United), Sam Stanton (Raith Rovers); Brian Graham (Partick Thistle), Louis Moult (Dundee United), Ruari Paton (Queen’s Park)

it’s maybe just me but I don’t know why Ferrie seems to be rated so highly as that’s 2 years in a row he’s been selected

Cheers

4 hours ago, jaggy said:

It’s the players that pick the team - so I guess he is the keeper that has impressed them most. 

On 4/20/2024 at 9:48 AM, lady-isobel-barnett said:

Definitely our two were deserved. Maybe under a different formation there would've been a place for Wee Stevie. 

If we could have any three from the remaining eight I'd go for Ferrie, Holt & Paton.

Agree they would be decent signings.  Queen’s Park have still not currently secured their status yet in the championship and not sure those 2 players would stay if they went down 

9 minutes ago, Third Lanark said:

Agree they would be decent signings.  Queen’s Park have still not currently secured their status yet in the championship and not sure those 2 players would stay if they went down 

If ICT went down I’d be interested in Ridgers, Devine or Samuel’s.

Controversial, but all our keepers are out of contract and previously I would have been happy to say goodbye to the lot of them, but starting to think that Mitchell might not be the worst we could do.

• Like 2

Mitch has been excellent since he returned to the team and I wouldn’t mind him resigning.

i had wondered if Laidlaw at RC might become available as seemed out of favour and is a decent keeper, but he was back in the team recently so it’s maybe unlikely

On 4/21/2024 at 8:20 PM, Dick Dastardly said:

If ICT went down I’d be interested in Ridgers, Devine or Samuel’s.

Controversial, but all our keepers are out of contract and previously I would have been happy to say goodbye to the lot of them, but starting to think that Mitchell might not be the worst we could do.

Is that Danny Devine who played or us in the premier league

47 minutes ago, Jaggernaut said:

I thought he was consistently awful when he was with us, and I wouldn't expect him to have improved at ICT.

He played the majority (30) games in 2016/17, which is comfortably our best season in decades in terms of finishing position. Suggests he can't have been all bad/consistently awful. Obviously, like so many others, he was poor the following season.

Echo this. Wouldn't want him in the top tier* but Devine's looked decent enough down a level in the Championship. Much prefer we sign younger players but there's always need for at least one experienced defender. Could be a sort of "Andy Dowie" type signing.

*Anyway we're winning the play offs this year. Aren't we?

6 hours ago, Jaggernaut said:

I thought he was consistently awful when he was with us, and I wouldn't expect him to have improved at ICT.

To be honest I didn’t think he was great either and don’t particularly want him back.  I had just wondered if that was who DD had been referring too