Liam .... Gone

Mr Bunny

• Replies 83
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I feel this will come back to haunt us.Liam has had a poor season but i think he has improved in his last couple of games,is this because he knew he was going?We are not saving all if his wages if we get another striker in his place,i take it we will need to contribute to thier wages.Imo we should have kept LB until his contract was up.

Edited by Auld Jag

The loan signing will no doubt be a striker from either of two camps. He'll either be a youngster stuck on the periphery of a squad (an SPL bench warmer) or an experienced guy who's been out injured for quite a while. Either way he'll be unlikely to be match fit.

I'm not one that favours loan signings in the 2nd half of a season. Off the top of my head in recent seasons I can only remember Damon Gray being reasonably successful. Not that he'd be available but I doubt the loanee will be any better than Mark Roberts is in his current form down at Ayr.

Was thinking the same thing myself. The majestic legend that is Mark Roberts has stuck it up everybody who reckons he's finished - at least at our level. Watching that incredible goal, the other night, that sunk Hibs, I felt a sense of anger that while - up until very recently - we couldnae buy a goal, we gave Ayr the Hoor on a free.

I feel that it will be a long time yet till we can truthfully say we've really replaced Marko.

Mark Roberts - true Thistle legend and STILL doing the business. :worshippy:

Was thinking the same thing myself. The majestic legend that is Mark Roberts has stuck it up everybody who reckons he's finished - at least at our level. Watching that incredible goal, the other night, that sunk Hibs, I felt a sense of anger that while - up until very recently - we couldnae buy a goal, we gave Ayr the Hoor on a free.

I feel that it will be a long time yet till we can truthfully say we've really replaced Marko.

ALLEZ!!!

The same Mark Roberts that had scored 3 goals in his last 36 games for us (and none at all in his last half season) before we let him go?

Don't get me wrong, the guy was brilliant for us and he's still got a bit of magic as his goal on Tuesday showed, but letting him go when we did was the right decision, as is letting Liam go now.

Liam's stats for the year 2010 were 5 goals in 33 games, so he didn't miss much of the last 12 months injured. No doubt he''ll score against us before the season's out, but that's football.

I like Sid but our last 2 performances should prove to McCall we're better when playing direct football with pace up front. What's the deal with Keiran Burns? Get him in the team and give him a run out.

He's injured.

I feel this will come back to haunt us.Liam has had a poor season but i think he has improved in his last couple of games,is this because he knew he was going?We are not saving all if his wages if we get another striker in his place,i take it we will need to contribute to thier wages.Imo we should have kept LB until his contract was up.

At the end of the day he can haunt us all we want in the future. The wage he was on did not justify his form in the last year, which has been previously mentioned. 5 goals in 33 apps?

The Club getting on top of this cash gap as soon as possible takes precedence over keeping Liam Buchanan.

At one time, a couple of years ago, I'd have been gutted at this news......not bothered now though. Thanks for the goals though Liam

That goes for me too. I kept hoping he'd snap out of it but despite 2 goals on Saturday I gave up on him a while ago, and Tuesday underlined why. Good luck to him though. Overall he did well for us, and I don't think he ever stopped trying.

I see Aberdeen v Dunfermline Scottish Cup tie has been picked to be on the BBC, that'll be Liam paid for then?

In a way, sad to see him go, as he's been more like himself in the last few games. But on performances over the last good while, he's not been good enough & not merited that higher wage that he is apparently on.

A player who would surely have been playing in the SPL by now if he hadn't had serious injury setbacks, good luck to him, not against us of course. Wouldn't be surprised if he scored 10 goals for them up until the end of the season, but that could easily just be 1. In the current climate, the correct deicision, if money wasn't a problem, we would have kept him to see if he did come good on a more regular basis. Lack of confidence at the moment, especially at 1-on-1's.

Apparently our loan signing is this guy - Gary Glen.

Scored 3 goals in 18 starts and 17 subs for Hearts. Apparently, Man U wanted him for their youth teams when he went to Hearts, but he didn't think he'd get a game.

where did u hear this? I highly doubt it will be gary glen, although he would be a cracking loan signing, his name popped into my head this morning. he came on after 60 mins of hearts game against killie when they were 1-0 down then ended up winning 2-1, im sure callum elliott is injured aswell so theres no chance of glen coming to firhill.

Celtic are looking to loan out one of their youngsters Patrik Twardzik but i don't know how good he is

You on the wind up? Is there such a player with that name? If so, that'll be some tongue twister. Try saying 'Partick Thistle's Patrik Twardzik' 20 times mega-fast out loud young one.

Would have been happy to hold on to him because he's a hard worker and looks in the past couple of games to be forming a decent partnership with Doolan, but the main reason I'm disappointed is I'm worried this means a return to the first team for Simon "Lets slow the move down" "let's drop deeper than my own centre half to get the ball" Donnelly.

I like Sid but our last 2 performances should prove to McCall we're better when playing direct football with pace up front.

We need a Hardie-type player for Doolan to play off of, or Ze Hoor. No c/f lightweights like Sid, who never has been an out-and-out c/f.

Id rather give our own youth a chance than someone elses.

Spot on.

We also don't need another St*vi* L*nnon or Luc*s *kins.

Hasn't McCall learnt his lesson with these and other deadbeat useless loanees?

The loan signing will no doubt be a striker from either of two camps. He'll either be a youngster stuck on the periphery of a squad (an SPL bench warmer) or an experienced guy who's been out injured for quite a while. Either way he'll be unlikely to be match fit.

Not that he'd be available but I doubt the loanee will be any better than Mark Roberts is in his current form down at Ayr.

Agree with all of the above, especially the emboldened parts.

Though would be delighted if Ze Hoor returned to lead our young strikers, they'd gain immensely from playing alongside, and training with (and coached by?) jonboy's source.

x 2.

And his goal v the Hapless Hibs was top-drawer.

Does this mean I need to change my signature. To another McCall bullish!t quote?

Not like you are stuck for choice, hundreds to choose from.....

where did u hear this? I highly doubt it will be gary glen, although he would be a cracking loan signing, his name popped into my head this morning. he came on after 60 mins of hearts game against killie when they were 1-0 down then ended up winning 2-1, im sure callum elliott is injured aswell so theres no chance of glen coming to firhill.

i wonder if the other boy is available on loan from this vid, he looks better!

You on the wind up? Is there such a player with that name? If so, that'll be some tongue twister. Try saying 'Partick Thistle's Patrik Twardzik' 20 times mega-fast out loud young one.

My immediate reaction too ... but I googled it rather than posting and found this

http://www.transfermarkt.co.uk/en/patrik-twardzik/profil/spieler_93832.html

and this

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/User:Adam4267/Patrik_Twardzik

Saved me getting a red face. Not that you'd see it under the fur.

Edited by Mr Bunny

You’d think we would all be mad that our ‘biggest name striker’ is leaving us for another team in our league. The fact that nobody is really bothered speaks volume. I’m not bothered either, started off well but let’s be honest he is never going to be anything other than an inconsistent lower league striker. No great loss.

I wonder how long he gets treated well by Jags fans before it turns a wee bit nasty?

Yep Mark Roberts was a legend. But overall I dont think Liam Buchanan was really that poor in comparison. Anyone know their stats how many games they played for Thistle and how many goals they scored? Also if you take into account the fact that Roberts scored about half in the second divison while Liam's goals were all in the first then I dont think there is a massive gap at all between them in fact the club generally got a great return from them both.

Neither did score that many goals in their last season with us, Roebrts has proved that he can score plenty away from us and I would not be sure if Liam shows the same.