Youth Development Competition

Fawlty Towers

If you are so inclined any stretch of road between a secondary school and the local shops are littered with irn-bru bottle tops. I must've collected 20 in a 100 yard stretch on Cleveden Road. You do get used to the funny looks after a while...

I've been doing the same and have been amassing a nice wee collection with the same odd looks.

• Replies 234
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Stenhousemuir - 2757 tops :shok:

Might also have something to do with the "Irn-Bru bus is on its way to Ochilview" news article on the website.

I wonder if they get East Stirlingshire's quota as part of the ground share arrangement?

The bus is due at Firhill on 7th May for our game against Raith Rovers.

Might also have something to do with the "Irn-Bru bus is on its way to Ochilview" news article on the website.

I wonder if they get East Stirlingshire's quota as part of the ground share arrangement?

The bus is due at Firhill on 7th May for our game against Raith Rovers.

Obviously to congratulate us with a giant cheque, given it's the last game of the season.

Edit for typo

Edited by jags365

A wee reminder about this on the official site may not be a bad idea. This should be getting pushed as much as possible as it's free money for the running of the youth set-up at the end of the day.

Out of interest, how many you all collected? Stenhousemuir have 2757. I've got about 25. http://www.irn-bru.co.uk/tfyt/

Edited by The Legend Blows

I have 30 to drop off on Saturday - lets hope everyone who has caps can make it along either tomorrow or on Tuesday night to stick them in the collection bins (the ones that I saw at the postponed Falkirk game where in the foyer of the Main Stand and outside the entrance to the JH Stand).

BARR Website

You can scroll down the bottom and see the images of all the different BARR products.

I had a look on the Morton forum and it was said in their programme that "Tizer, Orangina and Strathmore are accepted". I know Strathmore has already been highlighted.

One of their posers said he has 3 bin bags full already and others creating wee collections in their work to collect tops from their colleagues.

List of Barr products accepted:

Irn-Bru

Diet Irn-Bru

Tizer

Red Kola

Barr Cola

D'n'B

American Cream Soda

Cherryade

St Clements

Lemonade

Ginger beer

Limeade

Lipton Iced Tea

Orangina

Shandy

Raspberryade

Edited by northernsoul

Thats a fantastic effort well done. :thumbsup2:

Must admit when I put the bottle tops in the bin, it seemed pretty empty so reckon we will be considerably behind Stenhousemuir.

I put in 25 and only 2 have actually been bought by me :lol:

Where was the bin you used? I went with my wee bag of bottle tops and searched the JH high and low but there was no sign of any bins. Asked the wee 50-50 woman and she said that loads of folk had been asking but she didn't think there was a binn in the JH even though there had been for the postponed Falkirk game. If we're gonna have any chance at scooping the £10k then somewhere to deposit these tops in the JH may be a good idea. I'll try again on Tuesday but failing that they'll be going in the real bin.

There's a bin as you enter the main door of the main stand going into the aitken suite, can't miss it.

That's all good and well if you go to the Aitken Suite but how about having one that's accessible for folk who don't and who go to the Jackie Husband?

If the club want us to play our part then they really need to up their game with this.

That's all good and well if you go to the Aitken Suite but how about having one that's accessible for folk who don't and who go to the Jackie Husband?

If the club want us to play our part then they really need to up their game with this.

Agreed.

Furthermore, there should be at least one outside, and a further minimum two inside the JHS.