Tonight's Team

Mr Bunny

Just read the bit about their penalty possibly coming off one of their players :mad2:

Then us maybe being denied 2 stonewall penalties. Maybe wasnt a case of we werent good enough and more robbed by ridiculous officiating.

Not sour grapes but we really have not not had any luck when it comes to decisions from match officials this season :angry:

• Replies 105
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Almost every year without fail we seem to be the only team who gets decimated by flu. It keeps happening to us but no one else.I fear we will be annihilated by Falkirk on saturday, they will be well up for revenge and will have a fuller fit, far bigger squad than us.

We need to get another striker in on loan, I presume it would be Gary Glenn or someone but I really fear us to get mauled on saturday regardless of who si their Manager they are a really good team.

We should be able to beat Cowdenbeath but constantly struggle, though in the last few minutes I presumed we would lose. A

Indeed, it looks as though there might be a hygiene problem at Firhill. This latest outbreak has possibly cost Thistle a place in the quarter finals of the Cup, and four points in the league.

Over at Murrayfield, Scotland star Richie Gray, who plays for Glasgow Warriors, was unable to turn out for Scotland against Wales, due to a stomach bug. I wonder where he picked that up? So a local embarrassment becomes a national one.

It's certainly not the first time this has happened. Mark Roberts was never the same player after throwing up on the touchline at Dens Park. The following week, Thistle could not even raise a team, and had to get their match with St Johnstone called off. In this case, St Johnstone were the losers when the match was eventually played, a result which arguably cost them the championship. As a result, Gretna went up, to make a fool of Scottish football in their year in the top flight.

Time to get the dressing rooms steam cleaned!

Over at Murrayfield, Scotland star Richie Gray, who plays for Glasgow Warriors, was unable to turn out for Scotland against Wales, due to a stomach bug. I wonder where he picked that up? So a local embarrassment becomes a national one.

Well it certainly wouldn't be Firhill considering he was part of the Scotland squad when Warriors recently played at Firhill and therefore hasn't been near Firhill or Thistle players since mid January.

and we aren't the only side this ever happens to, Stirling's squad was much worse hit by illness than us only a few weeks ago.

You dont think we need another striker in then I take it.

That wasn't the part of your post I was referring to, it was the constant predictions of us being slaughtered by utterly mediocre teams like Falkirk. Phrases like "out for revenge" and "right up for it" also grate when they are applied to every opponent we ever come up against.

• Members

Indeed, it looks as though there might be a hygiene problem at Firhill.

I heard recently that the players now have to bring their own lunches these days. Previously the Club made up the lunches providing the players with the right kind of dietary needs.

So it cant be the food the Club are providing, but maybe it's down to what or where it's being prepared in?

I heard recently that the players now have to bring their own lunches these days. Previously the Club made up the lunches providing the players with the right kind of dietary needs.

So it cant be the food the Club are providing, but maybe it's down to what or where it's being prepared in?

Reminds me of the days of trigger eating uncooked pot noodles, much to lambies annoyance

First we had "Sack the Board; they are grinding this club into the dirt";

then "Sack the Trust; they are failing to represent the fans"

now it's "Sack the Cleaners; they might not be properly sanitising the Breville"

sigh...

That wasn't the part of your post I was referring to, it was the constant predictions of us being slaughtered by utterly mediocre teams like Falkirk. Phrases like "out for revenge" and "right up for it" also grate when they are applied to every opponent we ever come up against.

Well if nothing else at least I am consisitent. If my posts anger you that much then you can always use the ignore function.

I heard that too. Screw getting a new striker in, we need to pay upfront for Aggie from How Clean is Your House to take a look at Paddy Boyle's washing up regime...

:lol:

Or maybe it's just some rumour started because some guy wondered why our players seemed to get ill a lot (even though there's no actual evidence this happens more than with some other teams).

Our away record since McCall has been in charge has been truly abysmal. I used to look forward to following Thistle everywhere, but these days I'm much less likely to make the effort, always fearing a total let-down. Last night was another example.

I feel that's a bit inappropriate of late. Granted we've not really been winning away from home but draws against Falkirk, Dunfermline & Queens and the Cup win against Stirling have all been decent showings. The defeat to an SPL side is our only loss in our last 6 matches. We were poor last night but the ref did cost us big time.

We've a fair amount of away fixtures due (four in as many weeks), and I may have to eat my words come the middle of March, but our away form hasn't been abysmal since yon daft day at Forthbank in October.

Edited by lady-isobel-barnett

We are definetly in a relegation battle with regards to the play off spot :angry:

Get a grip of yourself.

There is absolutely no way we will finish in the play-off spot. I accept that our away form is abymsal, but our home form is what you would expect from a team challenging for the title. I have absolutely no doubt that we will finish comfortably in mid-table.

Some people would do well to remember we have just drawn a game, not lost one. We are unbeaten in the league since late November. Not bad considering the fact that we have a tiny squad, we have no money and the horrendous start we made to the season.

Some of the posts on here wouldn't look out of place on an Old Firm forum. A sense of perspective please.

Or maybe it's just some rumour started because some guy wondered why our players seemed to get ill a lot (even though there's no actual evidence this happens more than with some other teams).

Willjag is right mate. It's not a rumour.

I got told this a couple of month ago by a very good friend of one of our players.

Willjag is right mate. It's not a rumour.

I got told this a couple of month ago by a very good friend of one of our players.

Players supplying their own food doesnt equate to illness throughout the squad though.

Only takes one person to get a particularly nasty flu type illness and it will be through the sqaud very quickly as they will be in fairly close contact being in the same dressing rooms on pitches etc.

Players supplying their own food doesnt equate to illness throughout the squad though.

Only takes one person to get a particularly nasty flu type illness and it will be through the sqaud very quickly as they will be in fairly close contact being in the same dressing rooms on pitches etc.

I see McCall has said in his after match reaction that he'd like to have "closed the doors for a couple of days in an attempt to clear the place of the bug" but that our schedule of 2-games a week makes that impractical.

Also I've still not seen any actual evidence that we are worse than other team on this. It would be hard to get it anyway to prove or disprove what's been said.

Wasn't there last night but it seems McCall hasn't learned his lesson about shoe-horning his signings into the starting eleven...

I agree but was expecting it. If McCall really wanted to take the game to Cowdenbeath, he would have started Erskine instead of McGowan. In his defence, he may have thought that pitch would not suit Erskine but he also had the option of Cairney.

I agree but was expecting it. If McCall really wanted to take the game to Cowdenbeath, he would have started Erskine instead of McGowan. In his defence, he may have thought that pitch would not suit Erskine but he also had the option of Cairney.

He probably started McGowan as he was not down with the flu or just recovering from it. Neither Erskine or Cairney appeared to have anything like 45 mins in them never mind a whole game.

Edited by lady-isobel-barnett

After a couple of pints, and 3hrs sleep I thought my feeling of dismay would have disappeared by this morning...well it has not!

Last night was a disgrace of a game, the stupid penalty decision aside, we repeatedly hoofed the ball high in windly conditions for 90mins, and it did not work! But you know PTFC, if something does not work, just keep trying it, it's bound to work sooner or later...right?

Archibald was poor all night, Paton's crosses were...well it was just a usual Paton cross, Rowson, Hodge and McGowan had limited impact, Doolan was almost invisible. The preformance of Grehan was encouraging, but the only chances we seemed to carve out were scrappy at best. If both teams could have lost it would have been a fair result! Oh, and McCall...CORNERS!?

Regardless of the team suffering a virus and us playing away from home, Cowdenbeath are the worst team in the league in my opinion, last night was a disgrace, and we need to step it up!

After a couple of pints, and 3hrs sleep I thought my feeling of dismay would have disappeared by this morning...well it has not!

Last night was a disgrace of a game, the stupid penalty decision aside, we repeatedly hoofed the ball high in windly conditions for 90mins, and it did not work! But you know PTFC, if something does not work, just keep trying it, it's bound to work sooner or later...right?

Archibald was poor all night, Paton's crosses were...well it was just a usual Paton cross, Rowson, Hodge and McGowan had limited impact, Doolan was almost invisible. The preformance of Grehan was encouraging, but the only chances we seemed to carve out were scrappy at best. If both teams could have lost it would have been a fair result! Oh, and McCall...CORNERS!?

Regardless of the team suffering a virus and us playing away from home, Cowdenbeath are the worst team in the league in my opinion, last night was a disgrace, and we need to step it up!

Yeah, but what do you really think about the performance?

Get a grip of yourself.

There is absolutely no way we will finish in the play-off spot. I accept that our away form is abymsal, but our home form is what you would expect from a team challenging for the title. I have absolutely no doubt that we will finish comfortably in mid-table.

Some people would do well to remember we have just drawn a game, not lost one. We are unbeaten in the league since late November. Not bad considering the fact that we have a tiny squad, we have no money and the horrendous start we made to the season.

Some of the posts on here wouldn't look out of place on an Old Firm forum. A sense of perspective please.

Fair points and your right we have no right to expect to beat anyone.

May seem strange but I am thinking of quite a few positives to take from the last couple of games - A year ago we would ha.ve probably lost them, the performance of Ian Flannagan who is now scoring goals, particularly how reasonable well we are doing regarding our drastic financial situaion since we are about the third lowest playing budget in the divison, last but not least a number of the young guys getting tied up on longer deals.

I thought their was seriosu doubts about the health of Erskine and possibly Cairney before this game. In addition playing McGowan ahead of Cairney maybe to help give Paul a wee kick up the backside with regards to possibly his attitude, so didnt really have any problems with that decision.