Puns

Tom Stronach

Could admin please ban the members who insist on spamming threads with these dreadful puns? I, like most people, use this forum to keep up to speed with what's going on at our club. It's bad enough having little or no coverage in the newspapers without our own fans spoiling interesting discussions with their pathetic attempts at humour.

Could admin please ban the members who insist on spamming threads with these dreadful puns? I, like most people, use this forum to keep up to speed with what's going on at our club. It's bad enough having little or no coverage in the newspapers without our own fans spoiling interesting discussions with their pathetic attempts at humour.

So far today you've alluded to cretins, sweetie wives and half-wits on the forum.

Somebody ruffle your feathers?

you can add snobs to your list. He's got an avatar of a cop killer and he wants people who post harmless puns banned......now who is embarrassing.

Ah, I knew there was another insult, but I couldn't be bothered going back to find out what precisely it was.

Nice also to see the correct spelling of "embarrassing".

:thumbsup2:

you can add snobs to your list. He's got an avatar of a cop killer and he wants people who post harmless puns banned......now who is embarrassing.

as much as i disagree with his avatar and some of his wording his main point is right, it does spoil the treads and takes away from the point thats being made

Best post I've ever seen by a long way on this forum.

as much as i disagree with his avatar and some of his wording his main point is right, it does spoil the treads and takes away from the point thats being made

JaggyB, a lot of the threads get spoilt by constant arguing and negativity. I know they are not everyone's cup of tea, but sometimes they offer a little light relief.

Could admin please ban the halfwits who insist on spamming threads with these dreadful puns? I, like most people, use this forum to keep up to speed with what's going on at our club. It's bad enough having little or no coverage in the newspapers without our own fans spoiling interesting discussions with their pathetic attempts at humour.

Aint goin to apologise for the use of puns on the forum, i too use the forum for information about the club, especially here in East Lothian where they still give all the headlines to the OF you need a microscope to find anything re Thistle, so coming onto this forum and the clubs website is invaluable, since a lot of the info you guys put on it is from the papers in the west, and i do appreciate it,if you dont like the "pathetic attempts at humour" tough, can you do better? :)

Could admin please ban the halfwits who insist on spamming threads with these dreadful puns? I, like most people, use this forum to keep up to speed with what's going on at our club. It's bad enough having little or no coverage in the newspapers without our own fans spoiling interesting discussions with their pathetic attempts at humour.

halfwits, eh Tom.... And your evidence for that assertion is exactly what ?

humour is subjective, but I always thought that most Thistle fans were blessed with a sense of humour. Perhaps your earnest and forthright opinions on 'halfwits' with 'pathetic' attempts at humour would be best served within the environs of one of the greater Glasgow teams who tend to take life too seriously ?

I would ban people for bile, abuse and bullying on forums; not for the crime of making a pun.

Just my opinion.

halfwits, eh Tom.... And your evidence for that assertion is exactly what ?

humour is subjective, but I always thought that most Thistle fans were blessed with a sense of humour. Perhaps your earnest and forthright opinions on 'halfwits' with 'pathetic' attempts at humour would be best served within the environs of one of the greater Glasgow teams who tend to take life too seriously ?

I would ban people for bile, abuse and bullying on forums; not for the crime of making a pun.

Just my opinion.

Spot on :)

Don't agree with banning folk for it, but it's starting to get a bit tedious now. Can I make a suggestion, puns only in the general forum and leave the football forum for football?

Yes, transfer the whole job lot of them.

• Administrators

Don't agree with banning folk for it, but it's starting to get a bit tedious now. Can I make a suggestion, puns only in the general forum and leave the football forum for football?

Think this is probably the best solution to keep everyone happy. So from now on - please keep puns to the general chat section and leave the main jags forum for Thistle related stuff and other football topics.

We don't want to make a big issue about this and don't have a major problem with the puns. But as has already been mentioned, the problem comes when threads are ruined by pun jokes. If it continues we will end up with a forum full of pun jokes rather than discussion about Thistle - which is what the forum is here for.

Everyone is entitled to their opinion, but please keep it friendly. You may not like some members using puns but that does not give you the right to start making abusive comments about them. That is what will get you banned - not making pun jokes.

Cheers

I always thought that most Thistle fans were blessed with a sense of humour. Perhaps your earnest and forthright opinions on 'halfwits' with 'pathetic' attempts at humour would be best served within the environs of one of the greater Glasgow teams who tend to take life too seriously ?

What a load of bollocks. I agree with the sentiments behind Tom's post, even if I don't agree with the way he's voiced his opinion. No offence intended to those who run the site, but I think it's pretty clear it's not as popular as the last two messageboards. The last thing it needs are factors that push users away. I think the puns that are popping up with more and more regularity are in danger of doing that. God knows how the site administrators deal with it, if they intend to, that is, but being critical of it shouldn't lead other posters to suggest others would be better seeking their football fix elsewhere.