Aaron Sinclair

Big Dave

• Replies 50
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The boys going to be a class player, at only 18 the now christ!

The lad needs a song :lol:

Why do people keep saying he is 18? I've heard plenty of people on here and facebook saying it. He is 20.

It still doesn't take anything away from the sentiments of this thread, seems to be a great find from what I'm hearing.

The Don!! TBH I was more impressed with Sinclair on Wednesday when after a shaky start he really came on to a game against a very dangerous opponent, but yes, even though its early days, he does look a real find

Edited by Lindau

Why do people keep saying he is 18? I've heard plenty of people on here and facebook saying it. He is 20.

It still doesn't take anything away from the sentiments of this thread, seems to be a great find from what I'm hearing.

Lindsay, the other lad we signed to play left back/left CB is still only 18. Maybe that's where the confusion came about?

Don McVicar gets my vote, model pro who was Mr 100% (was one of my personal hate figures when he played for Airdrie). Does anyone recall how good Declan Roche was? I thought he was ok but mates are saying pure p***!

Going back on topic, young Sinclair might be an attacking weapon that other teams will fear. Just hope he's allowed to roam up and down his flank. great pace. With Paton fully fit, danger from both flanks.

Don McVicar gets my vote, model pro who was Mr 100% (was one of my personal hate figures when he played for Airdrie). Does anyone recall how good Declan Roche was? I thought he was ok but mates are saying pure p***!

Going back on topic, young Sinclair might be an attacking weapon that other teams will fear. Just hope he's allowed to roam up and down his flank. great pace. With Paton fully fit, danger from both flanks.

As some others have said, we've got to be careful not to put too much pressure on the lad.........but also nothing wrong with being optimistis that we have signed a right good prospect.

He was excellant yesterday and it won't take the lad long at all to be a favourite at Firhill if the performances like yesterday keep coming. Jackie will keep his feet on the ground but also install plenty of believe and confidence into the lad.

Totally agree bout the comments bout our scouts. For those who are too young to know, our chief scout Bobby Dinnie, discovered a certain Kenny dagliesh. So he has an eye for talent. Certainly finding a good few who could be stars for us over last couple of seasons. Long may it continue.

David Elliot, who was laterly moved further forward as he was so quick, Quickest player ever at Firhill ?

John Buckley - the first time he was with us.

Isaac English of course, unlike JB he'd not the skill to go with the speed.

I seem to recall Arthur Duncan was pretty fast but I've really only vague memories of him so probably wrong.

Edited by Mr Bunny

David Elliot, who was laterly moved further forward as he was so quick, Quickest player ever at Firhill ?

No, if I remember that far back George Smith who played in the mid fifties to the mid sixties was a professional sprinter. I think there is a trophy which George won on show at firhill

I seem to remember a George O'Neil who was a professional sprinter in the 60s. Did he play for us? The old memory is going, I'm afraid.

We did indeed. Played right half if I remember correctly.

He also featured in the song sung by the fans to the tune of 'Lily the Pink'

" We have a right half who broke his left calf

and his name is George O'Neill

Then we gave him the Scot Symon compound

And now George is the man of steel"

All together now "We'll drink a drink a drink.............."

We did indeed. Played right half if I remember correctly.

He also featured in the song sung by the fans to the tune of 'Lily the Pink'

" We have a right half who broke his left calf

and his name is George O'Neill

Then we gave him the Scot Symon compound

And now George is the man of steel"

All together now "We'll drink a drink a drink.............."

Gwnius... it's such a shame that all these old songs are going to get lost in the midsts of time. A Jags song history book may be an idea before they're all gone.