Paul Paton Red Card

northernsoul

• Replies 52
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

http://www.raithrove...id=1069&type=11

What an utter embarassment. Nice one Paul. Really clever thing to do.

Your bark has always been loud but your bite isn't vicious.

I don't want to see you at Firhill next year.

why? he has been one of our better players this season, apart from raithe he has been one of our most consitant players.

just watched and both should have been sent off as both seem to throw a punch

Edited by jaggybunnet

http://www.raithrove...id=1069&type=11

What an utter embarassment. Nice one Paul. Really clever thing to do.

Your bark has always been loud but your bite isn't vicious.

I don't want to see you at Firhill next year.

Just a little bit OTT.

The Raith player 100% should have went. Terrible officiating as usual. Paton was stupid to retaliate but he wasn't the instigator which in my opinion is worse.

why? he has been one of our better players this season, apart from raithe he has been one of our most consitant players.

just watched and both should have been sent off as both seem to throw a punch

Both should have been sent off, but it doesn't change the fact the Paton let a silly clash get the better of him. Looked half way between a punch and a headbutt from Paton somehow. Raith player went in stronger though.

I've not got blinkers on, but i honestly can't see from the video what Paton is actually supposed to have done. I can only imagine that he took a cheeky wee kick at the Raith player while they were both on the deck - Paton seemed to be looking round for a retaliation when they both got up and I can only see that his head being bowed etc. was to defend himself when the Raith player did retaliate. Still, he didn't complain much when it was red.

shocking miss. Hate to say it but Erskine is pish

Hmm, I've been a defender of Erskine over the last couple of seasons, but he, like several others, is definitely stagnating in the current Firhill set-up.

I'd definitely like to see Fox, Sinclair, Cairney, and Doolan still with us next season. Also Willie-K and even Archie, because in spite of what some folk say he's still a good defender. Everybody else can go, and yes, that means one or two favourites.

Based on those highlights:

Erskine's 2nd-half "shot" was an embarrassing attempt for a professional footballer.

Where the hell was O'Donnell for their first goal?

If PP deserved to be sent off for that, then so did the Raith player.

Shocking indecision (and another lack of a tackle going in) for their 2nd goal.

Poor stuff all round.

We had two shots at goal in the entire game. Liverpool yesterday had 39.

So on top of everything else, there is now a serious discipline problem within the squad. First Archie and now Paton pick up absolutely unnecessary and totally avoidable red cards.

This only enforces my opinion that the management really has no authority with the players. They swagger into training when they like, and leave after little more than an hour a day.

They put the effort in on the park when they feel like it, most of the time they don't bother.

They lash out at opposition players to look like the hardman, how very macho.

And all the time, Jackie and Sid are in the dugout, motionless, arms folded, too scared to make any substitutions in case the players fall out with them.

Thought on saturday that Paton had done everything he could possibly do to get sent off, but watching those 'highlights' I'm not so sure. It looks to me as if the Raith player has a right good go at him and Paton attempts to protect himself. Definitely 2 red cards if anything, but we've got a bit of previous at Stark's with dodgy red cards and frustrated players - anyone remember Liam a couple of seasons ago?

They swagger into training when they like, and leave after little more than an hour a day.

Not meaning to selectively quote, as you've made some good points, but do we know this is true? I read a comment somewhere recently that thistle players were seen walking to training at 11.10 and leaving at 12.30, but how do we know they weren't on their break at 11.00 and hadn't actually started at 9am? Still not full time in my eyes, but how do you know this?

So on top of everything else, there is now a serious discipline problem within the squad. First Archie and now Paton pick up absolutely unnecessary and totally avoidable red cards.

This only enforces my opinion that the management really has no authority with the players. They swagger into training when they like, and leave after little more than an hour a day.

They put the effort in on the park when they feel like it, most of the time they don't bother.

They lash out at opposition players to look like the hardman, how very macho.

And all the time, Jackie and Sid are in the dugout, motionless, arms folded, too scared to make any substitutions in case the players fall out with them.

There have been 2 stupid red cards in the last month but overall we are one of the best disciplined teams in the division. Only Hamilton have fewer red cards (just the one) and we actually have the fewest yellow cards (29).

There have been 2 stupid red cards in the last month but overall we are one of the best disciplined teams in the division. Only Hamilton have fewer red cards (just the one) and we actually have the fewest yellow cards (29).

FT, your post shows why the prevailing attitude on the forum is usually negative: You've let the facts get in the way of a good rant!

Not meaning to selectively quote, as you've made some good points, but do we know this is true? I read a comment somewhere recently that thistle players were seen walking to training at 11.10 and leaving at 12.30, but how do we know they weren't on their break at 11.00 and hadn't actually started at 9am? Still not full time in my eyes, but how do you know this?

The time mentioned is when they walk down to and back from the complex.

They don't do any ball work in the ground, and don't go back down to the complex in the afternoon.

They basically spend just over an hour a day on ball work.