Robert Reid

Jaggernaut

Congratulations to Mr. Reid on his "promotion".

An absolute gentleman, and as serious a case of chronic Thistleitis as is ever likely to be seen.

Not a lot I can add to that, except to my own congratulations.

Above all, he exemplifies the heart and soul of the club.

Congratulations to Mr. Reid on his "promotion".

An absolute gentleman, and as serious a case of chronic Thistleitis as is ever likely to be seen.

Who could forget his speech on the pitch for the save the jags appeal bring tears to a glass eye

Well deserved accolade for one of the nicest guys in football.

There can be no doubt now that we have a director who ONLY has Thistle's best interests at heart.

Do we though? What responsibilities or power does an 'associate director' have? The cynic in me would suggest that this 'promotion' comes at a convenient time when people are starting to question the make-up of the board and the lack of Thistle fans in it. The cynic in me would also suggest that this promotion doesn't really mean that much and, whilst Mr Reid has been a wonderful servant to the club, an 'associate director' is a fairly meaningless role. I'm pretty sure they don't sit in on board meetings (or at least don't have a vote) and the title is more symbolic than anything. I'm sure Jordanhill Jag will come along soon to reassure us that the board are the kindest and most benevolent of souls, though.

Edited by 1971

Do we though? What responsibilities or power does an 'associate director' have? The cynic in me would suggest that this 'promotion' comes at a convenient time when people are starting to question the make-up of the board and the lack of Thistle fans in it. The cynic in me would also suggest that this promotion doesn't really mean that much and, whilst Mr Reid has been a wonderful servant to the club, an 'associate director' is a fairly meaningless role. I'm pretty sure they don't sit in on board meetings (or at least don't have a vote) and the title is more symbolic than anything. I'm sure Jordanhill Jag will come along soon to reassure us that the board are the kindest and most benevolent of souls, though.

You are correct and no Im not going to defend the Board -they like all Boards are judged on performances on the park and the sustainabilty of the Club as a business _ I have pointed out that its not my belief there is any underhand dealings concerning Propco and that we are in a stronger financial position than before -thats down to good financial controls nothing more nothing less.