Just In From Eep

jags on tour

brilliant victory for Thistle today, well deserved and it should have been a wee bit more comfortable than the score suggests.

we started off a bit edgy and archie was looking a bit dodgy but once we settled in we were knocking the ball about like Spain at times. Cracking goal we scored, started out on the left with Bannigan who played a ball into Erskine, he ran at the defence and passed to Lawless in the box who turned his defender and slotted it in. The main talking point came when we played a long ball up for Doolan who chased down that big dumpling Potter, Potter misjudged the ball and just caught it with both hands when Doolan was running through on his own, it was a good 50/60 yards from goal so Brines deemed it to be a yellow rather than a red, being behind the goals its hard to tell if Dools had a clear run at goal and if any other defender would have caught him but I wouldn't have been surprised to see the red card.

Second half Dunfermline had a bit more of the ball but we were defending superbly, we looked dangerous on the break on the right with o donnell linking up well with paton and erskine, paton had a few chances at the bye line to put in a good ball but his delivery let him down. we had the easiest chance of the game to go 2-0 with minutes left, we broke down the left following a Dunfermline chance, i think it was bannigan steemed down the left who gave it to welsh he played a ball across goal which looked like going through to the on rushing o donnell but erskine managed to get to it first in the centre of goals about 10 yards out and no one around him with the goal at his mercy but somehow sclaffed it wide with gallacher helpless.Dunfermline had a few late corners but we looked comfortable.

We were absolutely feckin outstanding today, we cleared our lines at every chance, big muirhead was brilliant, paton,erskine,doolan,lawless ran their bollocks off, paton was a fcuking machine today. everyone deserves credit for that today, we were so much more organised and the Dunfermline players didn't get a second on the ball.Wee Bannigan has made the lwb spot his own aswell.

so delighted with that today, it's made my weekend and made my week already.The reaction from the players at the end showed how much it meant, they were all hugging and shaking hands it was great to see.

So proud to be a Jags fan, the lads up the back were outstanding they kept going all game and made us feel like the home team and like we had 12 men on the park today.

WE ARE THISTLE WE ARE THISTLE WE ARE WE ARE.OH JACKIE JACKIE, JACKIE JACKIE JACKIE MC-NA-MA-RA

going to enjoy a good few swallies tonight and watch MOTD. all aboard the promotion bus.toot toot!

• Replies 75
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

A thourourhgly deserved victory against a Dunfermline team that could be fairly described as inciped, if not downright awful.. Thistle, after a slightly nervous opening couple of minutes, went on to dominate and take control of the game. The only downside to todays game was the inability to add to the one goal lead which our domination and play merited.. Lawless took his goal well and I hthought Doolan and Paton in paricula,r always posed a threat to the Pars rearguard. Overall, despite failings in finishing and slackness affecting the left side of the defence it was a super performance from the team. If this keeps up my long standing pessemissim and aversion to excitemen's gonna go by the wall. :thumbsup2:

Edited by stillresigned

An excellent win for us today, we had the better of the first half but Dunfermline pressed us in the second half.

Everybody in the team played a part in the win but Hugh Murray was the clear man of the match for me. He just sat in front of the defence and helped break up Dunfermline attacks and then played the simple ball. Paton also busted a gut in midfield and played some nice passes. Steven O’Donnell played very well also, his defensive side of his game has really came on and overlapped very well. Jackie will be very happy with him. Archie was shaky first ten mins or so but was excellent after this. His experience at the back is vital for us.

Lawless took his goal well; his goal reminded me of a few Cairney scored last year. The game passed him by a little second half though.

How on earth Potter stayed on the park is beyond me! He caught a through ball that doolan would have been straight through on! If you are getting away with a booking then every player would be doing this.

Doolan played well and I thought his substitution was a bit early. Elliot did not do enough for me when he came on.

Great to hear the Jags fans in such good voice today!

Edited by Alan Murray

An excellent win for us today, we had the better of the first half but Dunfermline pressed us in the second half.

Everybody in the team played a part in the win but Hugh Murray was the clear man of the match for me. He just sat in front of the defence and helped break up Dunfermline attacks and then played the simple ball. Paton also busted a gut in midfield and played some nice passes. Steven O’Donnell played very well also, his defensive side of his game has really came on and overlapped very well. Jackie will be very happy with him. Archie was shaky first ten mins or so but was excellent after this. His experience at the back is vital for us.

Lawless took his goal well; his goal reminded me of a few Cairney scored last year. The game passed him by a little second half though.

How on earth Potter stayed on the park is beyond me! He caught a through ball that doolan would have been straight through on! If you are getting away with a booking then every player would be doing this.

Doolan played well and I thought his substitution was a bit early. Elliot did not do enough for me when he came on.

Great to hear the Jags fans in such good voice today!

so good you posted it twice!

BTW, just read the two or three sentences scribbled down that passes for the BBC coverage of SRL Division One- "a hard fought victory", my rear end> I know todays game did not posess the intrinsic attractions of the Third Division, but at least it could have been reported on by someone who actually attended rather than relying on someone listening to the crowd reaction as they happeneed to walk by EEP. I shouldn't be upset or surprised,I just must be another one of those bigots who expect accuracy and impartiality in return for our license fee.

BTW, just read the two or three sentences scribbled down that passes for the BBC coverage of SRL Division One- "a hard fought victory", my rear end> I know todays game did not posess the intrinsic attractions of the Third Division, but at least it could have been reported on by someone who actually attended rather than relying on someone listening to the crowd reaction as they happeneed to walk by EEP. I shouldn't be upset or surprised,I just must be another one of those bigots who expect accuracy and impartiality in return for our license fee.

They had Jim Spence at the game for Open Mics. You'd think he could have come up with a decent thorough report.

Immense today.played keep-ball really well for most of the first half, but pressured a bit by Dunfy in the second as you might expect. Should have made it a bit more comfortable - a few decent chances from breakaways. Dunfermline remind me of us a couple of seasons back - tippy tappy, no real shots on goal and really bad decision making. No one in the Pars team took any responsibility.

This looks like a really good Thistle team - Sinky didn't even get on the pitch today. Don't even think about singing the ' and now you're gonnae believe us, we're gonnae win the league' for a few months yet.....

Not enough booing from the brilliant, noisy Thistle support. Wake up people! The emperor has....quite a decent set of clothes, actually.

Excellent stuff from Jags today. Dunfermline were very poor indeed cant recall Fox having to make a save of any note. Played some great football today and if Dunfermline play like that every week they will be nearer the bottom than top. Only low point was our inability to kill off an inferior team. Everyone worked their socks off and deserve all the praise and plaudits they will undoubtedley get. Excellent support for the team today long may it continue

We have now won 5 competitive games in a row.

The last time we won 5 competitive games in a row, we won the first division.

Believe.

We are actually unbeaten in the league and cup for either 7 or 8 games (going back to the end of last season and not including the Firhill Tournament). Not that that takes away any from your point - just giving you more reason to be positive!

Surprised at the Dunfermline fans on P&B, I know its full of fuds but there must be some normal folk on it, half of them saying we were shite and 'if we win the league, god help the world'. I think they should be concerned at their own performance rather than thinking about us winning the league.

I thought we were outstanding today.GIRUY Pars.

Edited by jags on tour

We are actually unbeaten in the league and cup for either 7 or 8 games (going back to the end of last season and not including the Firhill Tournament). Not that that takes away any from your point - just giving you more reason to be positive!

We've had runs of 7/8 games unbeaten before and achieved nothing.

The last time we won 5 consecutive game we won the league.

That's why i chose that statistic.

Believe!!

Edited by G SUS

Early days but has a jags manager ever had such success with his 4 major summer signings,, namely Muirhead, Murray, Lawless and Welsh. Every one of them look the real deal especially young Muirhead. Initially was worried defensively this season, but the very fact that Sinky and Bala cant get a sniff tells its own story. Not getting carried away but things are looking very promising to say the least!!

Had two or three moves in the 2nd half ended up in the net we'd be talking about the goals for months. Thinking in particular of Welsh's shot that just went wide to the keeper's right and Lawless's skied shot later in the game. Obviously Erskine had two chances that he should've put away as well and all this happened in the half when we played the poorer stuff.

In addition that looked to me as one of the best defensive displays for a fair while. Lots to be optimistic about.

Early days but has a jags manager ever had such success with his 4 major summer signings,, namely Muirhead, Murray, Lawless and Welsh. Every one of them look the real deal especially young Muirhead. Initially was worried defensively this season, but the very fact that Sinky and Bala cant get a sniff tells its own story. Not getting carried away but things are looking very promising to say the least!!

A workmate of mine who supports Stranraer told me last summer that we had signed a good one in Sinclair, which has proved to be the case.

He said the same to me this summer about Muirhead.

Not particularly surprised by the Pars fans on P & B They have a sense of entitlement that would shame any other team outside the OF. You should have seen the kids in Aldi after the game who felt that since they' d beaten Cowdenbeath, today's result was of no value. Slagging us off. No respect. We'll see. As I said to them ' you're going down with the Airdrie'