The Way I See It...

northernsoul

Correct me if I am wrong but didn't David Beattie state last season that the Club were budgeting for crowds of 2000 for every home game for this season? I'm pretty sure I read that as they had managed to find a way to balance the books on this level of income.

He also stated that all extra generated funds, from home gates, centenary fund etc would be given straight to McNamara to invest in the squad.

So far we have had home crowds of 3487 and 2944. The way I see it is that the extra money made from these two home games has been invested into getting Steven Craig on loan, to help build and improve on the momentum the team has built so far.

This isn't some sort of response to everyone being para that Doolan maybe leaving. This was the first thing that came to head head when I heard the news. Thoughts?

Edited by northernsoul

2000 is the figure I have in my head.

As such we are probably £40k ahead of schedule.

How much are we paying Craig for the 20 weeks he'll be at the club?

Could the rest of the money be spent to improve match day experience?

Refurbishing the toilets in the JHS?

Installing zig zag barriers in front of the pie stalls to condense and manage traffic?

Or even

Improving the clubs IT infrastructure?

On official site that a fan made a donation to help fund his wages:

Link: http://ptfc.co.uk/ne...ds_loan_signing

Great to see. Looks like the positive performances and results have had an unexpected and pleasant outcome so far.

Ah well, that quashes my theory. However, if we keep up our attendances that could be vital to maybe doing some business in January.

The benefactor reminds me that somebody did the same thing to enable us to sign Trigger, and that proved an excellent piece of business, as we went on to win promotion. More of the same and we'll all be happy!

£40,000 was it not for Trigger? Lets hope for a similar impact from Craig.

Great to see. Looks like the positive performances and results have had an unexpected and pleasant outcome so far.

Ah well, that quashes my theory. However, if we keep up our attendances that could be vital to maybe doing some business in January.

£40,000 was it not for Trigger? Lets hope for a similar impact from Craig.

That figure rings a bell.

Remember we've had to factor in the loss of some TV money following the demise of Rankgers and from the Warriors moving on. So we probably need closer to 2500 to break even now.

Could well be right. These break even figures will be very fluid.For instance it's been announced that our under 16s are up significantly, which would automatically raise the threshold. .

Got the impression during all that voting on sevco that cash flow was once again a serious problem. After all the worst scenario was getting the financial benefits from that lot two years later.

Personally if there was any latitude to McNamara's budget I'd prefer it was spent lengthening the contracts of existing players rather than bringing in new ones. Naturally we want to win the league but we don't know for certain that SPL entry might not be extended to 4th place. Keeping this squad together for a lengthy spell would be my preference even if we fall short this season.

Just possibly before January we might know more about league set ups for next season and promotion requirements for this.

Great gesture by the fan, let's hope Jackie has spent it on a player who willer form & help fire us to promotion. I'm not convinced he will but will obviously give him time. Not sure what it means for McGuigan/Elliot, with us playing 1 up mostly 1 of those 2 isn't going to play much. Elliot could be a decent winger with his pace, old fashioned kick & chase footie.

Great gesture by the fan, let's hope Jackie has spent it on a player who willer form & help fire us to promotion. I'm not convinced he will but will obviously give him time. Not sure what it means for McGuigan/Elliot, with us playing 1 up mostly 1 of those 2 isn't going to play much. Elliot could be a decent winger with his pace, old fashioned kick & chase footie.

Good point made here. Don`t think McGuigan and Elliot are getting much of a chance at moment.Both of them have hardly started a game and confidence must be low.Could get interesting.

Good point made here. Don`t think McGuigan and Elliot are getting much of a chance at moment.Both of them have hardly started a game and confidence must be low.Could get interesting.

Elliot did get a something of chance starting ahead of Doolan against Clyde and Queen's Pk (as did McGuigan). It is tho' a problem having strikers not scoring and not getting any opportunity to score. Perhaps one might be sent out on short loan and the other start the reserve matches that'll be starting soon. Probably better that McGuigan was the one to go out on loan as Elliot's pace coming off the bench even without a goal threat is still of good use on occasions.