Raith Rovers - Ramsdens Cup

potty trained

• Replies 177
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I don't care for the Challenge Cup. In normal years I could make a strong argument for playing a considerably weakened side. I certainly don't think it should be taken as a serious competition. But as said this is no normal year and as long as New Gretna remain in it we'd be daft not to give it a good shot.

I've no reason to believe that the Club won't be of similar opinion, so if the team is giving it 100% then the fans should do likewise.

Can't believe that folk are choosing not to go "because it's the challenge cup".

The goalposts have well and truly moved this season as far as the challenge cup goes. Let's look at the 8 teams left in the tournament.

If we beat raith we are the only 1st division team left. There is a real possibility of a winner takes all game with Sevco here, either in the semi or better still, the final - almost certainly at hampden.

If we win on Sunday - the probability is that we will, at the very least, make a huge amount of money from this cup.

Exactly....for me this, at present, is by a country mile, the biggest game of the season. Get through it and get Sevco in the semi or final and it could mean a couple of half decent extra players in January and maybe mean Steve Craig stayin at the club for the final countdown!!

Edited by Lindau

The argument that the Ramsden's (for this year) is a wee diddy cup that has no importance for our "mighty club" is a symptom of what has gone wrong in Scottish football.

For some SPL teams who believe that their rightful place is competing in the final of the Champions League and who will go to any lengths to make sure they are getting their place guaranteed. Ha!

Small 1st division teams whose only dream and ambition is to get into the smallest SPL possible in order to get their hands on the TV money and get as many games against Celtic and the hole which used to be Rangers. Wake up!

From top to bottom the Scottish leagues are riddled with Chairmen, managers, players and supporters who have lost sight of what is good for the game and concentrate on their own ambitions of leaving the rest of Scottish football behind.

The SFL challenge cup is a competition which allows clubs from the three leagues to compete against each other. The fact that we have never won it should be enough for us to want to and to get out and support the club we love.

We've never won it because up to now we've not been good enough, NOT because we were too good.

God I got up in a bad mood this morning. :shok:

Edited by scotty

The argument that the Ramsden's (for this year) is a wee diddy cup that has no importance for our "mighty club" is a symptom of what has gone wrong in Scottish football.

From some SPL teams who believe that their rightful place is competing in the final of the Champions League and who will go to any lengths to make sure they are getting their place guaranteed. Ha!

Small 1st division teams whose only dream and ambition is to get into the smallest SPL possible in order to get their hands on the TV money and get as many games against Celtic and the hole which used to be Rangers.

From top to bottom the Scottish leagues are riddled with Chairmen, managers players and supporters who have lost sight of what is good for the game and concentrate on their own ambitions of leaving the rest of Scottish football behind.

The SFL challenge cup is a competition which allows clubs from the three leagues to compete against each other. The fact that we have never won it should be enough for us to want to and to get out and support the club we love.

We've never won it because up to now we've not been good enough, NOT because we were too good.

I think that may be one of the best posts ever posted on this forum.

From some SPL teams who believe that their rightful place is competing in the final of the Champions League and who will go to any lengths to make sure they are getting their place guaranteed. Ha!

Small 1st division teams whose only dream and ambition is to get into the smallest SPL possible in order to get their hands on the TV money and get as many games against Celtic and the hole which used to be Rangers.

From top to bottom the Scottish leagues are riddled with Chairmen, managers players and supporters who have lost sight of what is good for the game and concentrate on their own ambitions of leaving the rest of Scottish football behind.

Bad mood maybe, but a lot of good sense in that post.

Hear hear. As I was pointing out in the (Bloomfield) club earlier on the night (to the regulars' chagrin, bizarrely), a great weekend of fitba gets under way the morra at 3pm. :fan:

....and I was thinking the "regulars" would still be in a state of high elation over the signing of Kirk Broadfoot

I thought the next reserve game was Tuesday :P

I'd urge everybody to make the effort to attend this game. You've never experienced football in Scotland till you've witnessed Central Park on a Tuesday night. Rain forecast and a reserve match to boot :thumbsup2:

If all those harbingers of doom, who predict a crowd of 2000 or less tomorrow, put the same effort into ringing round some mates who have never been to Firhill, we could be well up towards the 3000 mark and a better atmosphere to spur on the team.

Just saying, like

....and I was thinking the "regulars" would still be in a state of high elation over the signing of Kirk Broadfoot

Too many of them, alas, are Man U, Liverpool and (of late) Citteh 'fans'. Those who do the right thing - ie support their local team - express their views regarding the acquisition of Clubfootinho in degrees of bemusement: that is to say ranging from "who TF is he?" to a flurry of wholly unpleasant expletives.

Too many of them, alas, are Man U, Liverpool and (of late) Citteh 'fans'. Those who do the right thing - ie support their local team - express their views regarding the acquisition of Clubfootinho in degrees of bemusement: that is to say ranging from "who TF is he?" to a flurry of wholly unpleasant expletives.

That's a problem throughout Lancashire. Man Ure and Liverpool are England's version of the Ugly Sisters.

Now that the small pishy game at Hampden is out of the way, can we get back to talking about how we can best support Thistle tomorrow?

1. Big turnout (that's mair than 2,000 ya negative bams)

2. Big singing from the Shed (aye, even you mad lassie)

3. Big performance on Alba (even if we cannae understand their commentary)

= one big result by 17:55

And if we do it, I'll stand the Star & Garter boys a round after 6pm

There. Now to it. Else you've got mental Blackpool Jags on yer case tonight...

;)

Edited by sandy