Who Do You Want The Jags To Draw In The Ramsden's Semis?

kni

• Replies 120
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I disagree, all monies earned by each club should be kept by each club.

But if you are one of three clubs left in the semi along with the tic or the gers, then just by getting a lucky draw you haven't "earned" the money, you've just got lucky. From the semi-final stage at least the entire amount of money generated should be split equally, or at least more equitably than at present.

Quite ridiculous that the final is in April.

Totally agree.

It was played in April 2 seasons ago because QOS v Ross County was postponed on the original date and then the bad winter kicked in.

For some bizarre reasons the SFL decided to keep it that way. Falkirk played Hamilton in April last season.

Totally agree.

It was played in April 2 seasons ago because QOS v Ross County was postponed on the original date and then the bad winter kicked in.

For some bizarre reasons the SFL decided to keep it that way. Falkirk played Hamilton in April last season.

Can see the benefit of an April final from the sponsor's point of view but with our daft wee leagues there's every likelihood at least one finalist will be chasing a title, in a relegation zone or maybe trying to get into play offs. I don't think any manager of a club facing any of those scenarios would then give preference to a Challenge cup final.

Can see the benefit of an April final from the sponsor's point of view but with our daft wee leagues there's every likelihood at least one finalist will be chasing a title, in a relegation zone or maybe trying to get into play offs. I don't think any manager of a club facing any of those scenarios would then give preference to a Challenge cup final.

In that respect, would it be better if the final was pushed back to May, once the league season has finished?

In that respect, would it be better if the final was pushed back to May, once the league season has finished?

For us maybe, as there is a wait between the end of the league in the SFL and the Scottish Cup final. This time is taken up with remaining SPL games and the SFL playoffs, which Cowdenbeath, Arbroath, Queen of the South and Rangers could all be involved in. So it wouldn't be possible there. It really should be played before Christmas, as the tournament becomes a distraction as the season continues. With the early rounds essentially being competitive friendlies I think that it is worth keeping the tournament to the first half of the season.

For us maybe, as there is a wait between the end of the league in the SFL and the Scottish Cup final. This time is taken up with remaining SPL games and the SFL playoffs, which Cowdenbeath, Arbroath, Queen of the South and Rangers could all be involved in. So it wouldn't be possible there. It really should be played before Christmas, as the tournament becomes a distraction as the season continues. With the early rounds essentially being competitive friendlies I think that it is worth keeping the tournament to the first half of the season.

There is only one SFL fixture on Saturday, 22nd December - Cowdenbeath vs Livingston. A Ramsdens Cup final would have been the ideal excuse to escape Christmas shopping.

The final is due to be played on Sunday 7th April. So if we reach the final our game at home to Raith on Sat.6th would have to be postponed. We are then due to play Morton at home on Tuesday 9th April. Could make things a bit difficult if we are involved in a close fight with say Dunfermline, for promotion. Should the club not ask for a change of date if we get to the final? Seems a bit crazy to hold the final on the 7th. with a full 1st division fixture list due on the 6th and 9th.

But if you are one of three clubs left in the semi along with the tic or the h u n s, then just by getting a lucky draw you haven't "earned" the money, you've just got lucky. From the semi-final stage at least the entire amount of money generated should be split equally, or at least more equitably than at present.

Exactly. Which is why everyone should keep their own cash.

Rangers money goes to Rangers, Thistle money goes to Thistle etc,

Exactly. Which is why everyone should keep their own cash.

Rangers money goes to Rangers, Thistle money goes to Thistle etc,

I'm confused; previously you said that clubs should keep the money they've earned; I said that a lucky draw doesn't amount to earning it; you say "exactly", gers should keep gers money, Thistle should keep Thistle money.....

I'm confused (after a few beers)...

I'm confused; previously you said that clubs should keep the money they've earned; I said that a lucky draw doesn't amount to earning it; you say "exactly", gers should keep gers money, Thistle should keep Thistle money.....

I'm confused (after a few beers)...

Each club should keep their own money.

If Rangers bring 10,000 fans - they keep that income

QOTS bring 1,000 fans - they keep that income

Thistle bring 2,400 fans - they keep that income

Have i explained it better?

Each club should keep their own money.

If Rangers bring 10,000 fans - they keep that income

QOTS bring 1,000 fans - they keep that income

Thistle bring 2,400 fans - they keep that income

Have i explained it better?

You mean you keep the income from your own fans wherever you play? So for example if Thistle took 2,400 fans to Ibrox that's what they get to keep from a crowd of 50,000? And would tv money follow the same principle, i.e. we'd get the equivalent fraction of the money for coverage?

You mean you keep the income from your own fans wherever you play? So for example if Thistle took 2,400 fans to Ibrox that's what they get to keep from a crowd of 50,000? And would tv money follow the same principle, i.e. we'd get the equivalent fraction of the money for coverage?

1. Yes.

2. No, tv money should remain the same. Both team's are being inconvenienced by the move for T.V.

1. Yes.

2. No, tv money should remain the same. Both team's are being inconvenienced by the move for T.V.

Wow, that (no. 1) would mean that clubs would get even poorer relative to the h u n s and tims. For example, clubs look forward to visits from those teams because the much bigger than normal crowd gives them additional income, but your suggestion is that because those extra fans are visiting fans, any money from them should go to their own clubs. I think that would simply increase the disparity in wealth among clubs. But then, maybe that's the way it should be in a carnivorous, dog-eat-dog world.

Wow, that (no. 1) would mean that clubs would get even poorer relative to the h u n s and tims. For example, clubs look forward to visits from those teams because the much bigger than normal crowd gives them additional income, but your suggestion is that because those extra fans are visiting fans, any money from them should go to their own clubs. I think that would simply increase the disparity in wealth among clubs. But then, maybe that's the way it should be in a carnivorous, dog-eat-dog world.

Correct.

Why should one club(QOTS tonight) have a financial advantage over others(Arbroath) due to drawing Rangers in the cup through luck?

Rangers should keep all the money made by their fans, and give QOTS their pro-rata share.

Are semi final takings pooled like the two major cup competitions.

I would like to add it to the Tennents sixes trophy. Don't care who we get, bit if its away to Arbroath or Queens I'd prefer a Saturday if possible.

Thats a good point made, ive no idea. Does anyone know.

Regarding tonights fixture at Ibrox am I right in thinking QOS get 40% of the gate?