Attendances

Lenziejag2

1,530 at Dumbarton game...??? Why was it all ticket? Capacity is over 2,000...!! I saw fans turned away cos they didn't know it was all ticket and had just turned up.

My brother and a friend of mine were talking on Friday about going to the game. I told them it was all ticket and probably sold out, so phone the club, then phone Dumbarton and see if there are seats in their end (not letting on they were jags fans of course). No tickets available. Bit of a joke really considering they could have made a fair amount more out of us.

Cant understand the mentality of Dumbarton turning fans away without a ticket. Surely having it all ticket means you know there is capacity to sell the remaininb tickets in the office before the game. Think the stupid ticket arrangement at this match ruined the atmosphere, as did the result...!

Will be very interesting to note the attendance for PTFC v Falkirk this Saturday. Following the recent blip in team performance, there is always the risk of a measure of punter disaffection. On the other hand, this would be just the right moment to get a really BIG crowd right behind the team!

We mustn't let this thread slip off the front page! Cowden v Dunfermline was off, but today's SFL1 attendances were: PTFC v Falkirk - 3280; Morton v Livi - 1913; Raith v Accies - 1194; and Airdrie v Dumbarton - 844. Strange, but I feel sure that Radio Scotland announced the Firhill attendance as 4280!

OPINION:You've been following this closer than more, so I presume you'll have the information to hand.

QUESTION: With most teams playing half their home league games this season, how does their half season average attendance compare to their average attendance of last season? How many teams are up on crowds last season?

QUESTION: LenzieJag2, can you answer my question?

We mustn't let this thread slip off the front page! Cowden v Dunfermline was off, but today's SFL1 attendances were: PTFC v Falkirk - 3280; Morton v Livi - 1913; Raith v Accies - 1194; and Airdrie v Dumbarton - 844. Strange, but I feel sure that Radio Scotland announced the Firhill attendance as 4280!

Our attendance today was only 300 or so down from our previous meeting on the first day of the season. This was billed as 'Sell Out Saturday' - to be only be 300 down from that is positive for us IMO.

Our attendance today was only 300 or so down from our previous meeting on the first day of the season. This was billed as 'Sell Out Saturday' - to be only be 300 down from that is positive for us IMO.

And that 300 is easily accounted for by a much smaller away support yesterday compared to the opening game.

And that 300 is easily accounted for by a much smaller away support yesterday compared to the opening game.

and that I'd suggest is par for the course when you play each other at least four times a season. Your team has to be doing exceptionally well in the league if you take more fans to an away fixture second time round.

In reply to G SUS, I regret I haven't got that sort of information easily to hand - sorry! One could do a bit of a trawl through all the official sites of clubs in our division and see whether there are any glaringly obvious features. My suspicion - and it is no more than that - is that (with a small number of exceptions including PTFC) attendances are generally down - due principally to continuing economic restraint.

Poor crowd for Greenock considering they are 5 points clear and are Div 1 champions for certs (if u believe their fans)

Our last home game against Cowdenbeath attracted 2527 punters. Let's see if we can better that figure on Saturday! The Ramsdens semi-final at Central Park pulled in 1159 spectators, the vast majority of whom were Jags fans. Perhaps we can "occupy" Central Park a week on Saturday and improve on that figure?

Situation in the English Football League.

Brighton appear to be doing a very good job. They are looking at the overall matchday experience much the same as One Thistle are. One thing we could try to learn from is the approach Brighton have taken with their bar. Obviously we are restricted in what we can do, but we need to keep pushing this as it could be a very important revenue stream if done successfully.

You have to take it with a pinch of salt, as it's P&B, but their fans seem to think they have one of the best stadiums in the SFL!

From a home fans point of view, I can understand why they have that idea. A choice between terracing and sitting. Decent enough view from the Cowshed I'd imagine. From an away fans point of view, it's poor.

Not easy to assess today's SFL1 attendances - with one obvious exception, they were broadly similar. Falkirk v Airdrie - 2715; PTFC v Cowden - 2543 (that is +16 on our last home league game v. Cowden); Dunfermline v Livi - 2461; Morton v Raith - 2006 (why such modest attendances at Crappielow this season?); and Dumbarton v Accies - 878.

Not easy to assess today's SFL1 attendances - with one obvious exception, they were broadly similar. Falkirk v Airdrie - 2715; PTFC v Cowden - 2543 (that is +16 on our last home league game v. Cowden); Dunfermline v Livi - 2461; Morton v Raith - 2006 (why such modest attendances at Crappielow this season?); and Dumbarton v Accies - 878.

Modest dignifies it. We've got basically 2500 Jags fans here today. If I was Dunfermline I'd be really worried - 9 points off the top and getting beat at home vs. ( an admittedly very good ) Livi team. Up ye, Jeffries!

I asked that question previously |

Always took Morton to be a 2K gate, given their recent form I would have thought 3K at least.

Shysters don't deserve to be there! Diddy team in a god awfull ground which is more in keeping with a juniour football ground !

Utterly ridiculous should that shit hole called Cappielow ever be classed as a premier league statium !

Absolutely agree with all those who say "Let's give Cowdenbeath their biggest attendance of the season this Saturday"! This is precisely the time to get behind the Jags in massive numbers! C'mon the Jags!

No chance of beating their biggest crowd of the season against their neebors fae Dunfermline, they got over 2,500 if I remember correctly.

However we made a great noise at the pawnbroker cup final and a similar support would be fantastic, as would three points :D